Manchester City - FC Fulham
FC Middlesbrough - Newcastle United
Norwich City - Crystal Palace
FC Portsmouth - Birmingham City
Tottenham Hotspur - FC Liverpool
What an opener!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
All I have to say is that Chelsea look really strong and very sharp atm. They've made brilliant signings (never mind how much money they paid) in Petr Cech, Paulo Ferreira, Ricardo Carvalho, Arjen Robben, Mateja Kezman and Didier Drogba, and have great depth, especially in defence and attack. If they can get their hands on a good right-sided midfielder they'll be in business.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
All I have to say is that Chelsea look really strong and very sharp atm. They've made brilliant signings (never mind how much money they paid) in Petr Cech, Paulo Ferreira, Ricardo Carvalho, Arjen Robben, Mateja Kezman and Didier Drogba, and have great depth, especially in defence and attack. If they can get their hands on a good right-sided midfielder they'll be in business.

i still cannot beleive they sold Gronkjaer.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't think they should've. He's not world-class, but as things are atm Geremi's the only man they have capable of playing out on the right. They obviously plan on buying a RM, but Gronkjaer could've been a good back-up/rotation player.

EDIT: I know that they have Scott Parker as well but Mourinho played him in the centre against Roma in the Champs World Series and I believe that he's better there.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

ferreira is their most stupid signing this season. i'm not saying that he is bad or something like that, but he is certainly not worth 20 or 25 mil€.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah I know, that's why I wrote "never mind how much money they paid" in brackets because there's no way in hell that Ferreira is worth anything near to what Chelsea paid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)