Emre Can - CM/DM - Liverpool (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #541
    SMS would cost a lot more. He's playing fantastic football and rich clubs are after him. And why would the sell him to us when they can ship him to PSG, City or United? They don't negotiate, they just show up and overpay. I guess they would be willing if we give them shitload of money + top prospect like Kean.
    or he can say I want Juve and only Juve. :klin:

won't happen though. :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

John Terry

Jun 25, 2017
    I dont get this transfer guys, i really dont get it for you.

Can has limited vision, struggles to play quick passes on small space, no pace, limited with controlling the ball.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Im not sure how Khedira plays, but Can is not exactly the modern midfielder.

However, its a typical Juve transfer, they will find a way to use him properly. Chelsea are doing the same. -_-
    exactly. i have some issues with the deal (high wages, should have went for better players), but i have no doubt he will do well here. Max always finds ways to bring out the best in players and make them blend into a successful team

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    There is no perfect deal. It's a reasonable gamble and that's all you can ask for. 23 year old with talent. Yes, he has talent. For free. It's worth the slight risk of the wages.

The risk of the wages is largely offset by his next transfer fee which will easily be over 20M. We got like 20M for Lemina.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Yeah one extra million a year is offset by the fact there is no transfer fee
    I'd still expect someone with similar wages to be moved on
    Hopefully Sami

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    I can't imagine Khedira staying with us next year. There are German clubs and MLS waiting for him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    so hes basically another Khedira? :baus:
    Not in the slightest. I think it was @MikeM who already corrected someone's nonsensical opinion on the similarities between the two. Can is a far more technically gifted and skilled player. And a player who can win tackles unlike Khedira. He's a bit of a jack of all-trades, master-of-none from when I've watched him. Would be nice if he had one superlative area to go along with his all-around play.

I feel the same as you about the high wages (mostly offset by the free transfer), and wanting someone better. I'd have liked us to sign SMS, but that ship sailed when Lazio refused to sell him this past summer, if we were even one of the clubs interested. He's way too hyped and therefore expensive now.

Can is a great opportunity and he's young enough that he still has room to grow and improve in a team like Juventus. Worst case scenario is a good rotation player, on a free transfer with annoyingly high wages, who we can sell on in a couple years.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
    Not in the slightest. I think it was @MikeM who already corrected someone's nonsensical opinion on the similarities between the two. Can is a far more technically gifted and skilled player. And a player who can win tackles unlike Khedira. He's a bit of a jack of all-trades, master-of-none from when I've watched him. Would be nice if he had one superlative area to go along with his all-around play.

I feel the same as you about the high wages (mostly offset by the free transfer), and wanting someone better. I'd have liked us to sign SMS, but that ship sailed when Lazio refused to sell him this past summer, if we were even one of the clubs interested. He's way too hyped and therefore expensive now.

Can is a great opportunity and he's young enough that he still has room to grow and improve in a team like Juventus. Worst case scenario is a good rotation player, on a free transfer with annoyingly high wages, who we can sell on in a couple years.
    Well no. Most of the time we actually let them go for free... Llorente, Tevez, Dani Alves,...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Well no. Most of the time we actually let them go for free... Llorente, Tevez, Dani Alves,...
    You understand that all those players were in their 30s, in the last year of their contracts, and had little to no resale value.

Emre Can is 23 right now, and is probably worth 30mil+ in the current market. A little bit different, this situation.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
    You understand that all those players were in their 30s, in the last year of their contracts, and had little to no resale value.

Emre Can is 23 right now, and is probably worth 30mil+ in the current market. A little bit different, this situation.
    It is different at that aspect. But try to give an example of a Bosman transfer we actually sold. While remembering Llorente was 29 or maybe just 30 but since then he has actually been sold for a few millions while we let him go on a free. It's probably more of a promise to convince them to come here.

Coman was a great Bosman-sale but we made him the player he is. He was a nobody beforehand. Can't think of many more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)