Emre Can - CM/DM - Liverpool (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's all supply and demand, you have to pay a bit more for those with other options. He's prime age and on the market, it's not the same as our 30+ players.

I think Llorente had €4.5m when he joined, balance that out with the time ago and him being a striker.

Unfortunately everything costs more these days, even for someone like Can who is good but is no superstar.
i understand the benefit of having a young player arrive for free, and the prospect of selling him for 30M+ profit, but there are some concerns. the main one, is he good enough to start here? hes getting starter level wages (top 4 in wages actually) because lets face it, hes not here to replace Sturaro. he also takes away a spot for a better player who would start in his place if we didnt sign Can. me personally, i would take Kovacic for 50M and 5M wages over Can for 0M and 5M wages, because he would be instant improvement for our starting XI. same for SMS. hes not even the top freebie for me, as id pick Meyer over him.

for 3M wages and 2 starting caliber mids signed, this would be a good signing for me

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

He's a definite improvement on what we have now (aside from Pjanic), but he's not some world class starter. We still need 1 top CM to really fix our midfield issues.

Pjanic-Can-SMS would be a very good mid. Or even Khedira-Pjanic-SMS.

The other hope is someone like Bentancur develops by leaps and bounds in the offseason.

I'm not holding my breath on signing SMS or Bentancur becoming world class by the beginning of next season.

More likely Can + someone like Pellegrini/Cristante, and our mid still struggles.
this looks more likely as time passes. which would be quite good, if we had Nzonzi, Pjanic and Kovacic already at the club

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
i understand the benefit of having a young player arrive for free, and the prospect of selling him for 30M+ profit, but there are some concerns. the main one, is he good enough to start here? hes getting starter level wages (top 4 in wages actually) because lets face it, hes not here to replace Sturaro. he also takes away a spot for a better player who would start in his place if we didnt sign Can. me personally, i would take Kovacic for 50M and 5M wages over Can for 0M and 5M wages, because he would be instant improvement for our starting XI. same for SMS. hes not even the top freebie for me, as id pick Meyer over him.

for 3M wages and 2 starting caliber mids signed, this would be a good signing for me

- - - Updated - - -

this looks more likely as time passes. which would be quite good, if we had Nzonzi, Pjanic and Kovacic already at the club
What makes you think Real would sell Kovacic to us for 50mln if freaking Lazio want 100mln for SMS? I haven't seen Meyer play but Can is a starter at much better team at a much better league. Kinda makes you think...

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He's most likely replacing Khedira and makes 1M more I think. Is he worth 1M more than Khedira, probably.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What makes you think Real would sell Kovacic to us for 50mln if freaking Lazio want 100mln for SMS? I haven't seen Meyer play but Can is a starter at much better team at a much better league. Kinda makes you think...

i didnt say they would, i said i would take him for that kind of amount (even more than that, like 70M) over Can. starter at Liverpool? have you seen their midfield, thats not some huge feat if you ask me. does he start for Germany? Wilshere is also a starter at a better club, in a better league than Meyer is, and hes a freebie. should we target him if we fail to sign Can?

Apr 19, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

i KNow it could upset starters(which I dont think it would) but I look at this transfer not as the player vs other player but what it could free up for us to spend on another midfielder or other position. If thats not the case this asnt going to help outr team a whole lot but if we use this to replace Khedira and gain 15 mil for him or even keep him as a backup and have money to spend on a Kovacic or SMS I would be pretty happy.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i KNow it could upset starters(which I dont think it would) but I look at this transfer not as the player vs other player but what it could free up for us to spend on another midfielder or other position. If thats not the case this asnt going to help outr team a whole lot but if we use this to replace Khedira and gain 15 mil for him or even keep him as a backup and have money to spend on a Kovacic or SMS I would be pretty happy.
if we sign another top class mid, then i give this singing a nod. problem is, i think this signing will be our top class mid.

Can/Pellegrini Pjanic/Bentancur/Marchisio Matuidi/Sturaro

replace Sturaro (or Cristante/Bonaventura/whoever if Sturaro leaves) with a top mid, and this is good. lets see if we do it

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
i didnt say they would, i said i would take him for that kind of amount (even more than that, like 70M) over Can. starter at Liverpool? have you seen their midfield, thats not some huge feat if you ask me. does he start for Germany? Wilshere is also a starter at a better club, in a better league than Meyer is, and hes a freebie. should we target him if we fail to sign Can?
First, I don't think we have that much to spend. If we sell Alexandro, we'd need to invest in 2 FBs. Second, they still can refuse to sell him and paying that amount for him is madness anyway. I've seen LFC midfield and it was enough to make Liverpool top four in England and CL finalists. If Meyer had the potential Wilshere had, he wouldn't be playing at S04 long time ago.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
First, I don't think we have that much to spend. If we sell Alexandro, we'd need to invest in 2 FBs. Second, they still can refuse to sell him and paying that amount for him is madness anyway. I've seen LFC midfield and it was enough to make Liverpool top four in England and CL finalists. If Meyer had the potential Wilshere had, he wouldn't be playing at S04 long time ago.

if Alex Sandro leaves, we will need a LB. RB is already covered with Cuadrado and MDS, and Barza as emergency. LB is trouble, since we will only have an injured Spinazzola if AS leaves, but that can be covered with AS money. they could refuse, and they could also accept. if they bring in Eriksen, they will need to free up a spot, and Kovacic could bring them in the most money. but there are other options besides Kovacic i would take, thats not the point.

the sole reason Liverpool finished 4th (barely, Chelsea and Conte screwed up) and reached the CL final (besides their easy road to it), is their attacking trio. "if Meyer had the potential Wilshere had..." ::lol3:: i wont even bother with this

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
we had high profile free agents before. none were 3rd best paid players on the squad (maybe Pirlo was, but he was WC and we didnt have many stars). Can absolutely should not be getting 5M (or 6M, not sure) a year, free agent or not
You are so wrong. To get such an exciting prospect like Can for free, on a four-year deal with 5-6 mil€ per year is really a bargain. Would you have been happier if we have bought him for 30/35 mil€ (which there is no way that he would have gone so cheap considering the hype surrounding him and his age) and payed him 3/3,5 mil€ per year in the same 4-year contract? Which one is better? In this current scenario we are hearing he would cost us 24 mil in wages for 4 years, while in the second case 12 mil in wages +30/35 mil for the transfer.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You are so wrong. To get such an exciting prospect like Can for free, on a four-year deal with 5-6 mil€ per year is really a bargain. Would you have been happier if we have bought him for 30/35 mil€ (which there is no way that he would have gone so cheap considering the hype surrounding him and his age) and payed him 3/3,5 mil€ per year in the same 4-year contract? Which one is better? In this current scenario we are hearing he would cost us 24 mil in wages for 4 years, while in the second case 12 mil in wages +30/35 mil for the transfer.
i would be happier if we bought a better player. besides, this is not simple maths. you basically make someone whos not even in your top 10 best players your 4th best paid player, way to disrupt your wage structure completely.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
i would be happier if we bought a better player. besides, this is not simple maths. you basically make someone whos not even in your top 10 best players your 4th best paid player, way to disrupt your wage structure completely.
I have faith in the management, as simple as that. Whether Can will be a good signing or not, whther he is worth it or not, we will see, i nsver judge a player untill after he comes here and plays.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I have faith in the management, as simple as that. Whether Can will be a good signing or not, whther he is worth it or not, we will see, i nsver judge a player untill after he comes here and plays.
i have no doubt he will do well, Max knows how to find the right place for players and make them perform to their fullest. the question is, how well will he do? better than Pjanic, Cuadrado, Chiellini, Alex Sandro, Bernardeschi? cuz thats what we are paying him

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Still the same old angry man huh? It's not like it's coming out of your pocket; give it a break already. :andyandbarcelona::ghey::alen::shifty:
I'm not angry, just baffled. Then, when we go for another Jabroni and some Bidones instead of getting a legit quality upgrade in midfield, it's because we don't have enough money, budget isn't permitting, and some BS like that.

:beppe: is so full of shit; he's such a hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

People still getting surprised that high profile free agent gets big wages and signing fee. It's like waking up in the morning and being surprised you are in a bed.
:rolleyes: I'm not surprised. Doesn't make it right tho. 5 million is a bit excessive. Maybe give him 4 million instead? :boh:

It's just that some of you will defend the board no matter what, and frankly it's absolutely appalling.

Yes, I shit on them from time to time, and it's for good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, just maybe, relative unknown is a bit harsh :p

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I'm not angry, just baffled. Then, when we go for another Jabroni and some Bidones instead of getting a legit quality upgrade in midfield, it's because we don't have enough money, budget isn't permitting, and some BS like that.

:beppe: is so full of shit; he's such a hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

:rolleyes: I'm not surprised. Doesn't make it right tho. 5 million is a bit excessive. Maybe give him 4 million instead? :boh:

It's just that some of you will defend the board no matter what, and frankly it's absolutely appalling.

Yes, I shit on them from time to time, and it's for good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, just maybe, relative unknown is a bit harsh :p
The club is paying a higher salary so that they don't miss out on him. It isn't that complicated.
Over the course of the contract the club ends up saving a lot more money than losing out on him and ending up buying a comparable player for 30-35m (which is conservative in today's market) and paying 3.5-4m in wages.
(Hopefully Can coming means Khedira is leaving.)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Hilarious that people in this thread seriously think you can pay a free transfer signing low wages :lol:

If these numbers are true Can over 4 years total cost is €20m net. 0 for transfer & all in wages.

If any of you geniuses know any better deals out there then you should consider moving into director of football positions at your local club. Insulting the board for a move like this.... you people really are troubled.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
if Alex Sandro leaves, we will need a LB. RB is already covered with Cuadrado and MDS, and Barza as emergency. LB is trouble, since we will only have an injured Spinazzola if AS leaves, but that can be covered with AS money. they could refuse, and they could also accept. if they bring in Eriksen, they will need to free up a spot, and Kovacic could bring them in the most money. but there are other options besides Kovacic i would take, thats not the point.

the sole reason Liverpool finished 4th (barely, Chelsea and Conte screwed up) and reached the CL final (besides their easy road to it), is their attacking trio. "if Meyer had the potential Wilshere had..." :3:: i wont even bother with this
"But that could be covered with AS money." So there won't be any money left to invest in the middle of the field as we need two LBs. What are the options? You make it look like it's a supermarket.
Can has been very good for Liverpool this season and there in no point to deny it.
Not sure why you laughed at my opinion. Meyer is nowhere near our level. Is it worth it to sign him having Bentancur and Mandragora already? He's a level below Can.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
People are still mentioning Cuadrado as RB after seeing his performances there ? :shifty:

It's one of the most difficult positions positionally. You can't teach that in a few months...

Emre Can is a bargain; whether it's 4-6 million makes a difference of 10 million over the course of his 5 year contract. It'll hardly break the bank. His transfer sum alone would cost as much as his gross salary if he wasn't a Bosman deal...

But... Yes, I'd definitely like another midfielder on top of that. Even if it was only Pellegrini.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
"But that could be covered with AS money." So there won't be any money left to invest in the middle of the field as we need two LBs. What are the options? You make it look like it's a supermarket.
Can has been very good for Liverpool this season and there in no point to deny it.
Not sure why you laughed at my opinion. Meyer is nowhere near our level. Is it worth it to sign him having Bentancur and Mandragora already? He's a level below Can.

how you conclude we wont have any money for midfield? Asamoah is replaced by Spinazzola, and if AS leaves, we naturally buy a replacement. doesent mean that replacement will cost the exact same amount as AS, leaving us with nothing to reinvest in other positions. think a little damn it.

what are the options? its pointless to discuss names now, as mercato is always unpredictable, but just to name a few. SMS, Kovacic, Nzonzi, Dembele.

so why sign Can then, we have Bentancur who is better already? you obviously didnt watch Meyer if you thought hes a level below Can. he was a key player for Schalke playing regista in their 352, they finished runner up behind Bayern this season. Can was nowhere near as important to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)