Emre Can - CM/DM - Liverpool (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
People still getting surprised that high profile free agent gets big wages and signing fee. It's like waking up in the morning and being surprised you are in a bed.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
People still getting surprised that high profile free agent gets big wages and signing fee. It's like waking up in the morning and being surprised you are in a bed.
we had high profile free agents before. none were 3rd best paid players on the squad (maybe Pirlo was, but he was WC and we didnt have many stars). Can absolutely should not be getting 5M (or 6M, not sure) a year, free agent or not

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
we had high profile free agents before. none were 3rd best paid players on the squad (maybe Pirlo was, but he was WC and we didnt have many stars). Can absolutely should not be getting 5M (or 6M, not sure) a year, free agent or not
This. Just compare his numbers to what our other players earn, ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Beppe buttlickers already in defend mode i see.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
We live in a time where the Marseille president wants more than 80M for a scrub like Thauvin, Ajax starlet Kluivert, who just had a half a season being a starter , will cost around 30M and Napoli's Jorginho will cost something between 50-70M

Signing a player like Emre Can for free is not only outperforming other clubs but also a big fuck you to the inflated transfer market.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's all supply and demand, you have to pay a bit more for those with other options. He's prime age and on the market, it's not the same as our 30+ players.

I think Llorente had €4.5m when he joined, balance that out with the time ago and him being a striker.

Unfortunately everything costs more these days, even for someone like Can who is good but is no superstar.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Happens a lot more often then I'd like to admit :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

We live in a time where the Marseille president wants more than 80M for a scrub like Thauvin, Ajax starlet Kluivert, who just had a half a season being a starter , will cost around 30M and Napoli's Jorginho will cost something between 50-70M

Signing a player like Emre Can for free is not only outperforming other clubs but also a big fuck you to the inflated transfer market.
Done deal that shit noooww!!!!!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's all supply and demand, you have to pay a bit more for those with other options. He's prime age and on the market, it's not the same as our 30+ players.

I think Llorente had €4.5m when he joined, balance that out with the time ago and him being a striker.

Unfortunately everything costs more these days, even for someone like Can who is good but is no superstar.
:agree: Leave it to Jay to be sensible

Ya'll complainers gonna be running to hide when Can is dominating the midfield, turning out to be the 3rd man we desperately need.

- - - Updated - - -

Happens a lot more often then I'd like to admit :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -
Quit the sizzurp, dude

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Can will do good here i'm sure but lets not exaggerate and associate words like 'dominate' with Can. He is not that kind of player.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Can will do good here i'm sure but lets not exaggerate and associate words like 'dominate' with Can. He is not that kind of player.
:agree:

He's a definite improvement on what we have now (aside from Pjanic), but he's not some world class starter. We still need 1 top CM to really fix our midfield issues.

Pjanic-Can-SMS would be a very good mid. Or even Khedira-Pjanic-SMS.

The other hope is someone like Bentancur develops by leaps and bounds in the offseason.

I'm not holding my breath on signing SMS or Bentancur becoming world class by the beginning of next season.

More likely Can + someone like Pellegrini/Cristante, and our mid still struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)