Emre Can - CM/DM - Liverpool (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Can is getting a million more b/c of the economics now.
wait, wait, wait

...are....are you saying Emre Can is.....getting a 5mil salary at....Juve?

This is it - last last bit of allegiance to Beppe gone

And imagine Alex Sandro coming from his world class season, sitting at 2.8mil, asking for a raise, getting a rebuttal, and then ppl wonder why he played like he did

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
wait, wait, wait

And imagine Alex Sandro coming from his world class season, sitting at 2.8mil, asking for a raise, getting a rebuttal, and then ppl wonder why he played like he did
So what are you saying? Do you want to give all our players bigger salaries or not imporve the squad unless the player will take less than 5 mil? To have the club pay more so that the other players dont get their feelings hurt? They understand on some level why hes getting paid more

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
So what are you saying? Do you want to give all our players bigger salaries or not imporve the squad unless the player will take less than 5 mil? To have the club pay more so that the other players dont get their feelings hurt? They understand on some level why hes getting paid more
stopped reading here

no point talking to a guy who thinks Emre Can improves the squad (or deserves more than 2.5mil for that matter)

Apr 19, 2007
stopped reading here

no point talking to a guy who thinks Emre Can improves the squad (or deserves more than 2.5mil for that matter)
So you think he is worse than Matuidi or Khedira? No point in talking to you as well. Also not just him. You dont think it would piss Pjanic off if we said we couldnt afford to give him a raise and then splashed 90 mil on SMS? He just overlooks that but Can coming for free and high wages is the only thing? 2.5 mil in this economy is rediculous for an international midfielder. Not going to start with the math of what Can will cost us over 5 years compared to a Matuidi or equiveleant.

- - - Updated - - -

Its weird to me that the same people that bash Matuidi and Khedira say Can is worse than them.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
wait, wait, wait

Pay 5-6m to Can, and then wonder if players who actually deserve wages like that ask for a payraise, since we're obviously rich, paying that salary to above mediocre players.

And no, i don't care about "but but he's free and that's how it works", but i'm willing to tolerate it, until it leads to losing star players because of wage demands and "hands tied" "we can't compete with oil clubs" comments.

- - - Updated - - -

He's definitely not better than Khedira. Ask Jogi.
Mediocre to shite CM with 9g7a.

Now imagine what Can could do here. Stubborn Jogi :disagree:

Grass always greener on the other side.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We gave a Khedira made of glass 4m/yr salary. Players signed for free earn more...

Can is getting a million more b/c of the economics now. This is EPL mega TV deal era. If you haven't noticed, our other mid-tier players are also earning more now.

Can could've easily gotten 6m at Pool.

All of a sudden a flurry of complainers don't like the Can signing after Marotta confirmed him when 5m salary news has been floating around for eons lol.
ive been against him since the 5M first came up. and why are you comparing him to Khedira? starter for Madrid and Germany for years, established international and proven winner. besides, different situation back then. we lost Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez at the same time, we didnt have clear stars other than Pogba, so making Khedira one of the top earners was much more justified in such circumstances than with Can now.

- - - Updated - - -

So you think he is worse than Matuidi or Khedira? No point in talking to you as well. Also not just him. You dont think it would piss Pjanic off if we said we couldnt afford to give him a raise and then splashed 90 mil on SMS? He just overlooks that but Can coming for free and high wages is the only thing? 2.5 mil in this economy is rediculous for an international midfielder. Not going to start with the math of what Can will cost us over 5 years compared to a Matuidi or equiveleant.

- - - Updated - - -

Its weird to me that the same people that bash Matuidi and Khedira say Can is worse than them.
SMS and Can are worlds apart, big difference in each of them getting 5M

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Maybe, just maybe, people should wait to see him on the pitch here before crying about what a terrible, overpaid free signing he is... He may turn into a fantastic player under Allegri.

Look at Douglas Costa. Bitching all last summer about his price and wages, about him being a headless chicken, and he was one of our best 2-3 players this season.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Maybe, just maybe, people should wait to see him on the pitch here before crying about what a terrible, overpaid free signing he is... He may turn into a fantastic player under Allegri.

Look at Douglas Costa. Bitching all last summer about his price and wages, about him being a headless chicken, and he was one of our best 2-3 players this season.
When it comes to Costa, we got pretty much what I expected. Flat track bully to shine against trash teams

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Them short seasons we play at Juventus these days.

Despite not liking/rating him, he's of course having and always had a higher ceiling than Emre Can...
That's not really my point. My point is no one knows how Emre Can will do here. He's also 24. Has lots of room to grow. He could flop, certainly, but he could also improve and become a fantastic mid. Maybe keeping an open mind would be a good idea. :p

And Dougie C only being great for the last 4-5 months of the season is why I didn't say he was our best player this year. I'd say Dybala and perhaps Benatia had better seasons. But no one was better down the stretch run of a 95 point domestic double. He easily showed he's worth his transfer price and wage this year.

Apr 19, 2007
ive been against him since the 5M first came up. and why are you comparing him to Khedira? starter for Madrid and Germany for years, established international and proven winner. besides, different situation back then. we lost Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez at the same time, we didnt have clear stars other than Pogba, so making Khedira one of the top earners was much more justified in such circumstances than with Can now.

- - - Updated - - -

SMS and Can are worlds apart, big difference in each of them getting 5M
Its not just about how good they are. You know that players like Pjanic would want more money if a player like SMS came in making a bunch more. They also know enough economics to know about Bosmans making more and the reason why.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
When it comes to Costa, we got pretty much what I expected. Flat track bully to shine against trash teams
He was very good against Tottenham and in the return leg against Madrid. Are those trash teams?

He has room for improvement, and definitely needs more consistency in big games against top teams, but it is silly to suggest he only performed against trash teams.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
He was very good against Tottenham and in the return leg against Madrid. Are those trash teams?

He has room for improvement, and definitely needs more consistency in big games against top teams, but it is silly to suggest he only performed against trash teams.
There is no way you would disagreee that his transfer fee should rather be invested in a CM that summer

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
That's not really my point. My point is no one knows how Emre Can will do here. He's also 24. Has lots of room to grow. He could flop, certainly, but he could also improve and become a fantastic mid. Maybe keeping an open mind would be a good idea. :p
Sounds like a player worth the gamble for €2m a year.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Its not just about how good they are. You know that players like Pjanic would want more money if a player like SMS came in making a bunch more. They also know enough economics to know about Bosmans making more and the reason why.
but the points is, Sergej is worth it. if you (deservedly) raise Pjanic wages because of us bringing in a massive name like SMS, thats fine. if you have to raise half your squads wages because you gave too much to an inferior player, then that becomes a problem

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There is no way you would disagreee that his transfer fee should rather be invested in a CM that summer
Considering the long injury spells to Bernadeschi and Cuadrado, Dougie C ended up being a rather important signing. In a vacuum though, sure, I'd have preferred a top class CM to one of Bernadeschi or Costa.

I'd rather have invested the Higuain fee in a CM, but that's just me. Or for Exor not to be cheap bastards allowing only some 20m net spend summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)