[Emirates Cup] Hamburg vs Juventus (August 3rd 2008) (2 Viewers)

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
As I've said he is still happy lol :rofl:

Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri refused to be too downbeat despite seeing his team beaten 3-0 by Hamburg on Sunday.

Jose Paolo Guerrero took advantage of a glaring mistake by the Bianconeri defence to fire his side into the lead in the 19th minute before Ivica Olic's late double completed the rout.

But Ranieri, with a sly dig at Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho, the man who replaced him at Chelsea, insists he is still pleased with his team.

"I'm always content," he said. "I'm the opposite of Mourinho - I don't need to win to be sure of what I'm doing.

"It's okay even if we take several blows. Last year we had some and we reacted well.

"I don't look for victory to be sure of myself. I look to change the squad, to put them in difficulty sometimes so they know how to react because they have to know how to be good in the bad times too.

"What's important now is this mentality we have. You work, you look, you progress step by step."

Juve, who play their first Serie A game on August 31, are a lot further behind in their preparations than Hamburg whose first Bundesliga game is two weeks earlier - and it showed.

While Juve have cause to feel hard done by as two late goals made the scoreline an inaccurate reflection of the game, they were at times overrun by Hamburg, as Ranieri freely admits.

"It's not hard to accept such a heavy defeat because when you go abroad and face well organised teams when you're not well prepared yet you can suffer as we suffered," he said.

"They played much better than us. Anyone with their eyes open can see that. Hamburg played really well.

"Everyone played well, working hard even off the ball."

Ranieri chose to field a more inexperienced team than the one which beat Arsenal on Saturday, and admitted he had expected his youngsters to struggle.

"We had a very young team," he continued. "So it was obvious we were going to suffer, especially having seen how Hamburg put Real Madrid in difficulty yesterday.

"But I wanted to give everyone 90 minutes as a run-out and to see how they could do.

"We still had a couple of good chances."

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
After watching the games yesterday and today I must say there are quite a few players here that aren't and never will be Juve class -
For a start both our right backs are pityful -
Zebina takes too many chances at the back and waists too many oppurtunities going forward, then we have Grygera who gets turned inside out too easily and also commits himself too early.
We then have our new signing Christian Poulsen who looks distinctly average - this seems like a panic signing from our Great board to me - shocking!
We then have Marchionni - gets caught in possesion alot and doesn't have any particular skills that stand out - very average player.
Legrotaiglle - did well last season but does get caught out on occasions when faced with quality.
Chimenti - where do I start with this old man - I think I could do a better job than him.
Tiago - too slow and again doesn't have any attributes that really stand out.

So suprise surprise we need a new Creative CM, and a right back. Maybe Marchisio can be our new great cm but that's asking alot, isn't it?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I was away and i didn't watch the match. I didn't read a single post in this topic either.
What i plan to do now is to read the posts here and i think i know what will i read and which are the members who wrote it. :)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So, i read the article on channel4 first just so i'd know how did we play and what was happening.
Then i knew what will be said here.

1. We're doooomed. Winning a friendly is winning a meaningless match. Losing a friendly , we're doomed.

2. People celebrating Molinaro's injury. These guys should be hanged and kicked out of this forum. Celebrating a Juve player injury especially when this player was BY FAR our best full back this summer.

3. Blaming the defeat on Molinaro :lol2:
i checked channel4 and it turned out that it was 0:0 during the time he played and coincidently we played much better during this time.

4. People being happy that we lost because it turned out that they were right all this time :shocked:

5. Cronios leading the show :D

6. Poulsen having a bad match and suddenly he becomes an awful player and Ranieri should be killed because he didn't buy van der Vaart.

P.S : 7. Last but not least. No-one mentioned a word about the huge mistake Del Piero made before we conceded the third goal. That was a disastreous mistake. I'm watching it for the third time and i still have no idea what was he thinking.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
P.S : 7. Last but not least. No-one mentioned a word about the huge mistake Del Piero made before we conceded the third goal. That was a disastreous mistake. I'm watching it for the third time and i still have no idea what was he thinking.
He was in don't care mood, he also knows it was just a friendly.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
i was watching the match with little brother and we had a GK, it was the first time he see's Chimenti, and he was amazed for a sec then asked:
" why is the referee shooting the ball ?!"
loooool

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
i was watching the match with little brother and we had a GK, it was the first time he see's Chimenti, and he was amazed for a sec then asked:
" why is the referee shooting the ball ?!"
loooool
Chimenti is a legend,i come in your house and teach your brother a lesson for saying all these crap:rofl: :rofl:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know. Perhaps someone said that we will win the previous friendlies and we'll lose this one. If someone made such predictions then respect to him/her.

Those who sound like a broken record and who keep repeating before every single match that we'll be destroyed and we'll lose don't count.
Even a blind chicken sometimes finds the corn.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't know. Perhaps someone said that we will win the previous friendlies and we'll lose this one. If someone made such predictions then respect to him/her.

Those who sound like a broken record and who keep repeating before every single match that we'll be destroyed and we'll lose don't count.
Even a blind chicken sometimes finds the corn.
I like Dominic's analogy more

Even a broken clock gets the time right twice every day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)