Eljero "I never said those things" Elia - Hamburg - Winger (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's two things isn't it? My opinion of Elia is based on only having seen him play 4-5 matches, skillful player and extremely fast, would need to add to his game to play for us. If Hamburg are making him available it says something.

My definition of overrated is someone who gets a lot of praise undeservedly. Not sure Elia is even that rated to be overrated :D

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
That's two things isn't it? My opinion of Elia is based on only having seen him play 4-5 matches, skillful player and extremely fast, would need to add to his game to play for us. If Hamburg are making him available it says something.

My definition of overrated is someone who gets a lot of praise undeservedly. Not sure Elia is even that rated to be overrated :D
In fairness, he is overrated but the ''brazillian overrated'' he does some nice tricks and flicks, dribbles and has the physics to stay on his legs while doing it unlike some brazillians. there's a reason why he's on hsv's bench, she hasn't been that good for them. he has shown to play good matches but is slightly inconsistent imo. I would love to have him here as i believe if someone guides him or tells him what to do he would be a very nice addition and 11m wouldn't be such a risk.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006

Actually i wanted both yeah :D
I respect your opinion man, Hamburg is releasing him because he is not happy, kind of cocky of him i agree.

If Hamburg are making him available it says something.
Can't we say the same about many players? Like we did with some players?
I'm not trying to convince you or anything about him, i would just love him here, if we have a proper LB then we have 2 speedy and technical midfielders on each side :) meaning we don't play every ball to Krasic because that's where nearly every attack is coming from.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Oh, hello there, stranger. :D
:kiss:

I know, I know. I'm trying to be more active, but I usually read up on transfer news without posting.

Elia for ~11M would be a sweet deal, as we could really use a proper left winger. It's not going to happen though. I don't think we'll do much in January, like Marotta said several times.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ken, Marotta did say several times that they wish to try and complete the squad in January as well.

AND, big spending in the summer.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Elia would be awesome. Remember when Marotta was talking about signing players who had problems at their present club. Well, with that attractive price tag Elia could be the one :xfinger:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
elia is an overrated player, warming the bench at his club

yeah, he is fast and can get past a man trough speed if alot of space, but his poor vision and creativity makes him useless against good defences.

also not tracking back.

close topic plz

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:agree:

I think it's better for us to focus on our RB position by buying Glen Johnson instead. We need a world class player there.
its funny how you keep on making an idiot out of urself when it comes to rating players.

elia is just terribly overrated.

also since you love to remind of the johnson thing, i would have tought that by now u'd understood i was merely giving an example of 5 worldclass or potential fullbacks, wich he definatly was last season.

maybe you can go support real madrid, they got an awsome transferpolicy of buying anything that moves fast, only to flow and release later.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
:kiss:

I know, I know. I'm trying to be more active, but I usually read up on transfer news without posting.

Elia for ~11M would be a sweet deal, as we could really use a proper left winger. It's not going to happen though. I don't think we'll do much in January, like Marotta said several times.
That's what you always say nowadays. You're no good to us if you just read. :depressed

Agree on Elia too. :tup:

Maybe in the summer, but Whore Hey has barely played, they'll want to give him a chance before writing him off as the next Whore Hey Andrade.
:agree:

its funny how you keep on making an idiot out of urself when it comes to rating players.

elia is just terribly overrated.

also since you love to remind of the johnson thing, i would have tought that by now u'd understood i was merely giving an example of 5 worldclass or potential fullbacks, wich he definatly was last season.

maybe you can go support real madrid, they got an awsome transferpolicy of buying anything that moves fast, only to flow and release later.
What?

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
European giants set to seal deal for £15 million Hodgson target

Liverpool - Eljero Elia looks set to move to Juventus

Juventus are on the verge of bringing Liverpool target Eljero Elia to Serie A for £15 million, according to the Hamburger Abendblatt.

The Hamburg winger has impressed so far this season in the Bundesliga has become sought after by clubs across Europe.

The 23-year-old is good friends with Liverpool striker Ryan Babel and it was thought their friendship would help the Anfield side seal a deal.

However, Babel could be part of Roy Hodgson’s Liverpool cull as he prepares to fund his signings with sales in January.

Meanwhile Liverpool are now set to sign Sylvain Marveaux from Bordeaux, which will solve their wing crisis and give them more money to spend elsewhere in the squad.

Therefore, Juventus are now ready to swoop and bring Elia to Italy to re-ignite their Serie A title bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)