Eljero Elia (14 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well, that could've gone better. Looked rather lazy and uninspired, adding nothing to our play apart from a few balls lost. He'll do better when he gets some playing time under his belt, but he'll probably never be the type Conte wants for that right wing.
I really don't agree with him looking lazy. Utterly clueless would be a better description.

I don't think it will be long before Krasic is again ahead of him in the pecking order. Might already be against Fiorentina. Which would obviously be a shame for Elia, but that's what you get for having too many (attacking) players.

First off Conte didn't make the sub secondly possibly to see if he can step it up. I think he should let him play in coppa on the left and then evaluate
did you actually realize that conte was not on the side lines this match, but in the stands ?

of course conte did not instruct the man in charge to "never play elia", but the fact that conte by himself does not bring him and it takes conte being in the stands for elia to get a chance says something...
Please tell me you are both joking. Can't believe someone would actually think that it wasn't Conte who decided who & when to sub.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Come on, Pat.

I agree that he should get more minutes (preferably starting rather than being subbed in imo) in order to really judge him. And I personally would not "drop him" just yet (even if I think that's what's going to happen).
But a performance like we saw yesterday does deserve a lot of criticism. It's one thing not being entirely convincing after so long on the sidelines, but to look like it's the first time you ever set foot on the pitch? Shirley, that's not normal?

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
I didn't saw it BF, i missed the match but he's getting bitched about almost everything he does.
I wonder how most of the people will react when they didn't play an important match for 6months or so and you get 15mins to prove yourself in a game that we'd had to win.
Ofcourse everybody will score 6goals and be Motm right?

If he sucked then i will be the first who agrees. And according to 99% he played bad so i assume that was the case, but i can imagine him being nervous yeah, did i expected it? No not at all i was hoping he would try to prove himself and show all the critics what he was capable off.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Meh, I don't expect him to score 6 goals & be mom. I do expect him to be a bit rusty. But I also do expect him to look like a football player, not like a random kid who's thrown on a football pitch without any prior experience whatsoever.

Fact is that he's not going to get a lot of chances, just like many others (Krasic, Quag, DP being the best examples), so they really should try to show some promise in those minutes they do get.

OP
Bezzy

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
  • Thread Starter #3,848
    I didn't saw it BF, i missed the match but he's getting bitched about almost everything he does.
    I wonder how most of the people will react when they didn't play an important match for 6months or so and you get 15mins to prove yourself in a game that we'd had to win.
    Ofcourse everybody will score 6goals and be Motm right?

If he sucked then i will be the first who agrees. And according to 99% he played bad so i assume that was the case, but i can imagine him being nervous yeah, did i expected it? No not at all i was hoping he would try to prove himself and show all the critics what he was capable off.
    really he didn't sucked in my eyes. He was very nervous, but tracked back when needed and try to go past his man. Clearly their was no chemistry between him and his team mates. The only one looking for him was pirlo :). And he wasn't 100% sure were to walk and he didn't had chemistry with lichtsteiner which is logic cos licht is used to play with pepe. I am not sure if he will get many changes but to be honest did conte decide to play 11 players the most and no matter who is coming on the pitch they all suck because they can't link up with their team mates. Del piero was walking in pirlo his way, quag had that too in the past. only giacherini is used to play with them but outside 14 players the others can't link up with their team mates and that makes it even harder to make the different in this phase of the season.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Nah, by the end of the game he was ignored by the team, no one passed to him even though he was free. He lost every duel he tried with defenders. You could clearly see he was very nervous. Maybe he was overexited and wnated to impress to much, should have tried to take it more easy and natural i think he would have done better this way.

OP
    Bezzy

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
    Jun 5, 2010
  • Thread Starter #3,850
    Nah, by the end of the game he was ignored by the team, no one passed to him even though he was free. He lost every duel he tried with defenders. You could clearly see he was very nervous. Maybe he was overexited and wnated to impress to much, should have tried to take it more easy and natural i think he would have done better this way.
    maybe the coach wanted him to go try to go past his defenders?
    and don't want him to play it simple ;)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    maybe the coach wanted him to go try to go past his defenders?
    and don't want him to play it simple ;)
    In that case maybe he is doing bad in training and doesn't get more chances. Let us talk from what we know and not speculate. He was very shaky and nervous, it would have been better of he kept it simple and tried to establish some rhythm. All we get is him trying to do everyghin very nervous, in the process being tacticaly akward with the ball and with the ball just awful.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
    alot of our players were given their chance to suck ass..why not a player who is probably low on confidence at having sat mostly in the stands for an insane length of time? its ok to criticise his performance but its unfair to shoot him down on 2 or 3 botched runs in a 15-20min cameo in a pressure cooker environment...let the guy start a couple games and time to get into a game like the others have been privileged to do..

OP
    Bezzy

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
    Jun 5, 2010
  • Thread Starter #3,856
    Ironic, because on one occasion when Pirlo looked right to pass to Elia in the wide open space on the right Elia was stood in the centre forward position with two defenders on him :D
    or that time when he found elia there. ;)
    this is my whole point
    why do you think most teams suck in pre season because they try to know each other. Elia missed the pre season games.
    and that makes it harder to get to know where he likes to walk and how he likes to play and where conte/pirlo likes him to play.
    Take the the problems he had with the languages and adapting and you have the reason pepe is playing all the time.

The situation you described normally happens in pre season and not during league games. And if they play games or have time to practice during the season with the whole squad the starters are on international breaks.
    Italian football is very tactical so it is very important to know what people wants from you and what your strong points are.
    Clearly the team is more used to play with pepe and not with elia. What a surprise Pepe was here last season, was here in pre season and talks Italian and knows the serie A.

It is easy to bash elia for walking wrong but you have to admit it is hard to get in a team and know 100% where to walk and what to do if you never play with them?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    I really don't know what to think about the privileged stuff mainly because of Boriello, since I can't believe he is killing it in training. But I think the couch makes his decision based on what he sees in training a lot, so it must have something to do with it. Don't think anyone has any priveleges apart from Pirlo and Buffon. And have no idea with this Boriello guy at all.

pati78

Jun 3, 2011
    I think this guy has potential, all he needs is some more minutes on the pitch.
    He was way 2 exited yestarday you could see that he really wanted to make an impact in the game.
    I think he can do much better.

We cannot judge players like this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)