Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (5 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
BreakingNews (Breaking News)

Supporters of President Morsi wounded by gunfire as they approach Cairo barracks where he is held, witness says - @Reuters

Revoloution, fuck yeah.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
MB took over power through a revolution to which they contributed very little. They also won an election which was not entirely fair and legitimate and had a lot to do with a notorious ally such as Salafists. What was really obvious in the past year was that MB doesn't know politics and this led to them losing many of their fans. The military had an undeniable role in forcing Morsy out but it would have never been possible if it hadn't been for the masses in the streets.

Turk, While you could call it a coup by definition, there are two things you need to consider; first, not every coup is necessarily a bad thing (especially when it is motivated by the people's demands) and second, Egypt's model is perhaps a unique one for the way its military function. Also, would you still oppose the coup if it was triggered by MB fans protesting in the streets and against a secular government? Don't misuse the terms you do not believe in yourself and then you may be taken more seriously. You can argue that MB must have stayed at power or that they are what Egyptians need but to cry over a coup because it's deposed a "democratically" elected government only makes you look like a hypocrite.

Ahmed, congrats my friend. We've had a revolution experience and we know what important role the first post-revolution years where things are taking shape play in the country's future. Revolutions ruin everything good or bad, it's hard to distinguish between opportunists and those who actually care about the country and the people. I understand how important it was for Egyptians to be rid of a group whose inexperience (wouldn't say bad intentions, I do believe that MB can still have an influence on the future picture of Egypt) could cost Egypt a lot. There's no time to waste on celebrating their failure and looking for revenge, you cannot force them out of the power cycle. Really hope you find a way which will exploit all potentials towards a bright future.

Jul 2, 2006
Turk, While you could call it a coup by definition, there are two things you need to consider; first, not every coup is necessarily a bad thing (especially when it is motivated by the people's demands) and second, Egypt's model is perhaps a unique one for the way its military function. Also, would you still oppose the coup if it was triggered by MB fans protesting in the streets and against a secular government? Don't misuse the terms you do not believe in yourself and then you may be taken more seriously. You can argue that MB must have stayed at power or that they are what Egyptians need but to cry over a coup because it's deposed a "democratically" elected government only makes you look like a hypocrite.
Muslims already suffered and tolerated years of living under secular regimes but seculars couldn't bear the weight for more than one year. Muslims accepted to play their game called democracy but they have tried to change the rules when they lose their own game.

'not every coup is necessarily a bad thing' is exact justification of using violence to reach power.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
thank you, sadly they thought this would bring sympathy. what the mb are doing is scary for one simple fact: when you call on the army to detach from sisi its called a treason!!! this proves they really dont care about egypt but care about there gains. i'm saddened a person got killed, make no mistake this does'nt make me happy after all he is an egyptain. people need to understand that the people who r sent to die are the foot soldiers or the people who where raised with the mb's idea's breast fed to them. the top dogs never go down and lead from the ground, neither do there children.

you tell me how are we to respect the intentions of a group who dont care for the unity of there countries army!!! i'm sorry i find it hard to swallow, and have no probelms with a civil war as long as morsy stays there president. morsy was clear in his last speech it was the same as muubarak's. either i stay or violence its that simple.

simultaneous attacks on army barrack in cairo, and now a military check point in arish in sinai coincidence?? :) this is exactly what the mb should not be doing!! now you know how the country collapsed in 2011 when the police stations, and prisons where attacked.

- - - Updated - - -

it gets better!!!!!! every person who promoted violence, threaten the people and called people infidels, attacked people are now held!!!! every one who killed an egyptain from the mb is being caught and specially now that the court two weeks ago released evidence of muslim brotherhood involvement in the opening of prisons in the january 2011 revolution0\

i,e every one who promoted bigotry. greg i cant stress or describe the amount of weapons the muslim brotherhood had int here head quarters, from molotov cocktails to machine guns to gernov ( pleas emind my spelling). ever wonder why there are increased terrorist attacks in sinai?!?! to let the military focus over there allt he time while they mingle with us here. remember the 16 soliders killed in cold blood in sinai?!?! lets wait and see bec this is massive.

:D:D:D

- - - Updated - - -

it feels this country is being liberated, the amount of people in the streets is record breaking not even the revolution in 2011 was like this!!!! morsy has driven egyptains to the streets in massive waves. we r now waiting to hear the road map bec the people will not move an inch until we know the military will have nothing to do with this from now on and will just focus on regaining the long missed security in our streets. its been ages since you would walk in cairo knowing you are safe and specially when it comes to women.

- - - Updated - - -

ok correction, there are names released now of people banned from leaving the country in the "wadi el natron" case which is the case of prison opening which toke place in january 2011 and there is evidence of direct MB involvement in the release of 34 prisoner of which morsy was one of the prisoner. there is direct involvement of hamas in this. note: there were people killed in this move from the police and other inmates in the prison.

update: egyptain army announces speech will be broadcasted soon. there is a warning from last night from the military that after the speech there might be video's of people wearing military uniform announcing they r detaching from the army, and they assure the people these are not military men at all and they r just trying to drag egypt into sth similar to syria. for month the army caught several pricks from the jihadi salafists with egyptain army and police uniforms that off course are used to trick people and cause chaos. there is a new system now, where every egyptain citizen can ask the solider regardless of rank to show his military id, to prevent any confusions.

the bolded part before people start jumping, bec these warning are coming back now. posted: 03/7/2013

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
:sergio::oops:

- - - Updated - - -

i think what needs to be done now, is the scholars of the salafists and azhar to talk to the people who r pro morsi bec they r being pushed into clashing with the army and these clashed might have very serious consequences on the country. you cant try to attack a military base or check point with guns and expect the army will return with flowers i mean come on. today seems to be a very critical day. hope this passes bec we dont need such events like this one. apparently the military is going to release a statement now.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Repeating mistakes of Assad then. No one to blame but them for what is coming.
Nothing's coming, the Brotherhood wasn't that popular to begin with. Beside we have too many differences among ourselves. I myself don't want sharia at all, like most of my countrymen, and only aligned to your side because I see the religious persecution of Muslims by 'secularist' regimes in Muslim majority countries.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
the first victim has been shot from the protesters side, army has blanks :)

- - - Updated - - -

It's like we can jump to conclusions faster than the news comes in.

thank you greg :tup: this is the danger, people need to calm down until we get the full extent of the story not jump on conclusions. this causes more damage, its easy to jump when its not yr country but this is my country and i worry about the well being of people even if they r Mb or the supporters of morsy who understandably haven't cooled down yet. there are off course some bad intentions in doing these things to bring more anger towards the military both domestically and from the international camp.

- - - Updated - - -

can some explain to me why the cnn is sooooo pro morsi more than the muslim brotherhood's channel is?? and what are the foreign policy magazines and the new york times view's in general? bec they seem to be the ones fighting hard to express what the people want in egypt and try to bring to washingtons attention it was a huge mistake to support the mb.

seems the congress is going to have fun with obama over this according to whats being publicized.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
freaking sharia law?

someone here wants sharia law?

I tell you something: laws and religion, or even religion and state SHOULD NEVER mix. do you really want people getting stoned or killed for cheating or beein nude or whatever these thousands of years old religious laws demand?
that would be a huge step back
What religious laws demand that?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I know tourism has been hit hard for obvious reasons in Egypt over the past couple of years. But if I can get my wife to get over the security worries, we have to come out and party with you, Bisco. :D :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)