Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (25 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
today and after hearing the speech given by the supreme leader of the muslim brotherhood calling for violence i can safely tell you, this is the end of the muslim brotherhood. like i predicted the muslim brotherhood went all in this time and gambled there very existence. still the people weren't frightened by his calls and people are in tahrir already in numbers.

people need to understand sth, and after reading and watching documentaries about the Mb and there way of thinking and ideology i need to stress that the people in charge now of the mb i,e the top dogs are the hard core version i,e represent the violent side of the mb, the other camp are people who avoid direct conflict with power namely the military. so to an extent this is the hard core right wing ruling the mb at the moment, and there are various voices within them who are unhappy with how the mb is acting and the gamble they r undertaking now.

i read an opinion published by an activist that states in chess when the king starts moving it indicates the game is nearing the end and so i have a feeling he might be right this time. now i don't know what to expect however i feel a curfew will be enforced and the military will get the top dogs who are the reason for all the violence being preached and the calls for jihad. i think a better idea or a first move should be scholars in islam from azhar or salafists needs to address them and explain to them that its not jihad when you kill another muslim or christian who are peaceful. and it certainly isn't jihad when its for the cause of a man who has failed and they know he failed miserably.

i still insist the best thing to happen to egypt is have the mb rule, so that we the egyptains can see there true colors and what they truly are a terrorist group and the fact the whole world now see's them for who they are, people who would stop at nothing short from killing other people, or calling jihad on them in a text book Qaida. its finally obvious who was the third party that went about killing people during the 2011 rev and the 18 month transitional period. its suicide for a group that turned 85 years now, and they have moved far far away from the real course there founder had set for this group, its no secret there founder seriously regretted bringing this organization to the scene before he eventually got killed in revenge for killing a judge who has ruled against the brotherhood.

i'm not sure if members here understand the origins of the muslim brotherhood or the simple fact that every terrorist organization actually started from the muslim brotherhood. you see some members at some point had issues with the mb not being too hard core so they went on to create other groups that are hardcore and so on, ending up with there role model Qaeda. its not secret second in command there is an egyptain who didn't shy from calling jihad against the army in sinai .

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
today and after hearing the speech given by the supreme leader of the muslim brotherhood calling for violence
I didn't hear that. That's basically political suicide for the MB. That party is officially over. Done. Stick a fork in it.

My worry is how a lot of that angst will ultimately go underground and could result in more terrorist actions against the citizens of Egypt if not the world.

But ironically, the MB's response only underscores how much the military action to remove Morsi from power was justified.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I didn't hear that. That's basically political suicide for the MB. That party is officially over. Done. Stick a fork in it.

My worry is how a lot of that angst will ultimately go underground and could result in more terrorist actions against the citizens of Egypt if not the world.

But ironically, the MB's response only underscores how much the military action to remove Morsi from power was justified.

this is it exactly!! they have exposed them selves and lost any sympathy.

i share your same concerns regarding them going under cover and going crazy, however i think the army and police a like are going to have there hands busy for some time and i think we need to tighten our borders with libya and gaza and sudan bec the amount of weapons that goes thru egypt is an indication that needs to be addressed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A fair chance should be given them in politics or they will find their own way. The days where minority ruled the majority is over.
I don't get your last sentence given that there's been massive public support for Morsi's removal -- even more than Mubarak's for that matter by some measures.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Congrats to all Egyptians and to you too Bisco.

However, let's not make this a re-occuring thing everytime you guys don't like a president running :D
That's the only issue I have with the counter-revolution, other than that, I'm happy the Islamists aren't in power at the moment and hopefully the right candidate comes into power now.

- - - Updated - - -

A fair chance should be given them in politics or they will find their own way. The days where minority ruled the majority is over.
Spoken like a true right winger that thinks democracy is all about majority over minority. Votes ? Probably. Social and other issues ? No. If you don't like that, then maybe you should revolutionize your Turkish democracy into a sultanate.

How's that caliphate coming along ? :lol:
Your 7th century brethren would be displeased...

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
A lot of Americans wanted Nixon back in '73.

quick question here greg, did they threaten to burn the US down if he was not returned?? or did they go down to the streets with guns?? or did they even go down to the streets in guns and killed other fellow protesters so they can frame the military??? did they like have gangs who went ape/jihadi shit on the military in some part of the town say alaaska or sth??

ironically cnn just pulled a stunt by hosting a terrorist called essam abdel maged, its like interviewing bin laden :tup: i'm speechless at how cnn is handling this event to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats to all Egyptians and to you too Bisco.

However, let's not make this a re-occuring thing everytime you guys don't like a president running :D
That's the only issue I have with the counter-revolution, other than that, I'm happy the Islamists aren't in power at the moment and hopefully the right candidate comes into power now.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoken like a true right winger that thinks democracy is all about majority over minority. Votes ? Probably. Social and other issues ? No. If you don't like that, then maybe you should revolutionize your Turkish democracy into a sultanate.

How's that caliphate coming along ? :lol:
Your 7th century brethren would be displeased...
thanks eddy, i hope soo but the military is having to with stand a lot of pressure from the international community bec some foreign media is portraying todays events as army attacking civilians which is not true. lets wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get your last sentence given that there's been massive public support for Morsi's removal -- even more than Mubarak's for that matter by some measures.
in my part of down we call that DENIAL!! they did threaten mind you if morsy was kicked off they will have an "islamic" revolution.

- - - Updated - - -

in all honesty i think its too late for a u-turn to be honest. i have no idea how will this be resolved as things stand. says a lot when pro morsy try to attack anti morsi protesters in tahrir to be honest.

Jul 2, 2006
in all honesty i think its too late for a u-turn to be honest. i have no idea how will this be resolved as things stand. says a lot when pro morsy try to attack anti morsi protesters in tahrir to be honest.
It's simple. Armed thugs will act like the army of people and respect their decision. They will not interfere politics, they will not forget the fact that president who is elected by people is grand commander of the army. They will choose between that or going to be another Syria.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
quick question here greg, did they threaten to burn the US down if he was not returned?? or did they go down to the streets with guns?? or did they even go down to the streets in guns and killed other fellow protesters so they can frame the military??? did they like have gangs who went ape/jihadi shit on the military in some part of the town say alaaska or sth??

ironically cnn just pulled a stunt by hosting a terrorist called essam abdel maged, its like interviewing bin laden :tup: i'm speechless at how cnn is handling this event to be honest.
No, no, no and no. There was a lot of bullshit brought up about it being a "silent majority", which turned out in the end to be a minority.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
What of them? They are still there.
really?? like the burning of churches? like the killing of 4 shites??
@swag: is it true obama is being criticized by the congress?? obama who was once popular here has lost a lot i mean a lot of respect, at least on my news feed on facebook bec as it seems the people feel obama supports terrorism.

the army and police are now regaining control over things in alexandria, in cairo the pro morsy thugs have been pushed back by the people + army forces.

- - - Updated - - -

And their rights? You think a christian should have his hand chopped off for theft?
i am not talking about turk here, but i'm taking about the lovely people we have here, they will say no off course no but once they come to power they act like they never spoke such talk.

there is nothing what so ever to do with islam and mb never!!!

- - - Updated - - -

curfew imposed in northern sinai.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)