Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (13 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I never said not to do anything, I merely said wait until you're strong enough to actually inflict significant damage on Israel itself. Should people shut up about three dead soldiers? If it means actually having an opportunity to inflict a military defeat on the Zionist occupation forces you bet you ass they should.

Play the long game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Gongrats Egyptian mates,Just feeling so happy that Egyptians finally could express what they feel about the entity called "Israel"

I never said not to do anything, I merely said wait until you're strong enough to actually inflict significant damage on Israel itself. Should people shut up about three dead soldiers? If it means actually having an opportunity to inflict a military defeat on the Zionist occupation forces you bet you ass they should.

Play the long game.
Well said.Building a strong enough nation is the only solution,and i don't only mean a strong military,but strong in all the aspects an economic power, advanced in scientific research,industry,technology and even sport and Art.

Yes we should play the long game,just look at India and China,they have become amongst the major powers of the world after they were nothing just to the mid of the last century.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Proud of the Egyptians :touched:

Like Bisco said, under Mubarak, Egyptian lives were not valued, as long as Mubarak and his goons interests are satisfied, the 75M Egyptians dignity takes a backseat. All that is changed now. Having an Israeli embassy is absolutely not acceptable, and the Egyptians are showing the world that they're opposed to having one on their soil.

Liberation of Palestine is our ultimate goal :tup:

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
This antisemitism in Arab states is laughable. Frankly, on one hand I would have preferred Mubarak in charge, at least some kind of peace was possible with him.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
This antisemitism in Arab states is laughable. Frankly, on one hand I would have preferred Mubarak in charge, at least some kind of peace was possible with him.
I think you've confused Anti-Semitism an Anti-Zionism, nobody here dislikes Jews at all, the hate is for the Zionists who are not exclusively Jewish or Israeli :)

Some kind of peace? so a brutal dictatorship is fine so long as it let's Israelis live a better life at the expense of the Arabs? Now who's a bigot?

Long live Palestine, death or amicable peace to the Zionists!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't consider myself anti semite. I actually want Libyan Jews to be able to come back to Libya, and have rights like any other ethnic group in Libya. I have nothing against Jews, but i am completely against the establishment of Israel on Palestinian land. Illegitimate country, that has absolutely no right to exist on Palestinian land.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah you are right IrishZebra, confused the terms. But still I see a new Israeli-Arab war in the near future that will result in the lose of a lot of lives and the inevitable Israeli victory. Nothing will change just lives will be lost and Israel will maybe gain new territory.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think you've confused Anti-Semitism an Anti-Zionism, nobody here dislikes Jews at all, the hate is for the Zionists who are not exclusively Jewish or Israeli :)

Some kind of peace? so a brutal dictatorship is fine so long as it let's Israelis live a better life at the expense of the Arabs? Now who's a bigot?

IZ :heart: :touched:

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Yeah you are right IrishZebra, confused the terms. But still I see a new Israeli-Arab war in the near future that will result in the lose of a lot of lives and the inevitable Israeli victory. Nothing will change just lives will be lost and Israel will maybe gain new territory.
Israel can't even beat Hizbollah, a significant military victory against a likely Chinese armed Egypt is highly unlikely, not to mention the little matter of the 50 million persians with their nukes ;)

The west will jettison its little strategic hamlet as soon as its costs outweigh its benefits.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Rebellion in an occupied territory can be very hard to squash, no matter if your resources are overwhelmingly bigger. If the people aren't on your side nothing can be done. Doesn't matter if Egypt has Chinese weapons, Israel has American weapons that are still the best in the world. Also USA is a very big ally of Israel, I doubt they would just sit by the sidelines. Israeli are suspected to have one of the biggest armories of nuclear weapons in the world on the other hand I doubt Iranians even have a working prototype and if they do, their arsenal of nuclear weapons is probably considerably smaller. Also would Iran intervene in this kind of conflict?

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006

IZ, I like you +REP.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Rebellion in an occupied territory can be very hard to squash, no matter if your resources are overwhelmingly bigger. If the people aren't on your side nothing can be done. Doesn't matter if Egypt has Chinese weapons, Israel has American weapons that are still the best in the world. Also USA is a very big ally of Israel, I doubt they would just sit by the sidelines. Israeli are suspected to have one of the biggest armories of nuclear weapons in the world on the other hand I doubt Iranians even have a working prototype and if they do, their arsenal of nuclear weapons is probably considerably smaller. Also would Iran intervene in this kind of conflict?
Well firstly, all Iran wants to do and has even wanted to do is wipe Israel off the map. You can rest assured of that. Israel also has quite good Israeli manufactured weapons including anti-missile laser :shocked: but the only reason they won any wars was because they were a whole generation ahead of what the Arabs had, China is about 10 years behind the USA in some areas, closer in others because they manufacture American arms and have retrofitted them and Russian arms as well. Chinese tanks are also a lot cheaper, I think one of their newest ones is ~2.5M per tank, half what Israel spends on it's tanks. Most other arms continue along the same path. Being attack from the north by Hizbollah with fresh Syrian/Iranian goodies and the South by Egyptian forces as well equipped as you but outnumbering you 4-1.

Israel punches above it's weight but a defeat in this scenario would be likely. Especially if the attack is coordinated with Hamas.

If Nukes get used all bets are off and the US would not use Nukes to protect Israel, the US cares about the US first and foremost, the Israel Lobby is a red herring, the Military industrial complex and tradition are what keep Israel alive.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I understand but the most important thing is to actually get people back to work, fight the corruption and develop Egypt properly. Even basic strategy would be to wait until you're strong enough to actually fight with a good chance of winning. Without Mubarak you could buy weapons from China instead of the US and maybe finally wipe israel off the map (politically speaking). The point when arab revolutions fail is the point where the US and friends getting worried about their interests. That's when assassinations and Coup d'etats happen. Basically starting a fight with a guy when you just got kicked in the nuts for 30 years is a bad idea, especially is he's stronger than you to begin with.

Pick on Yemen or something...
all this makes sense, but look back in history, more specifically look into the french revolution and their war with the austrians(mightiest army of the time) the dangerous things about revolutions is how unpredictable they are, and that goes for the enemies as well
agreed with both posts, war would surely end this revolution, realistically speaking egypt as we stand now is no way ready to have a war. not to mention egypt will never invade a country unless we r invaded at first, what these demonstrations aim for are to show isreal that the bad blood between us is still pretty much there even if mubarak made there presence in egypt existent, they have businesses in egypt, they get in and out of egypt freely hell some arabs dont have that privilege!! this is just to show them that they had all these options thanks to the man the rev over threw. its also a message that egypt will no longer side with them when it comes to blockading gaza!! the flag removal last night is not just an emotion limited to egyptains it seriously represents how all arabs from morocco to the gulf feel about isreal and there continuous harassment and violation of the basic human rights towards us.

i think also its a correction for a mistake that has been taking place ever since the gulf war of 1990 when egypt turned its back to the arab world for no reason, and threw its self in the arms of the us, and isreal, with it peaking during 2006 when hezboallah with stood isreal attacks and even pushed it back, ending with aiding in the suffocation of a million people in gaza. this is not egypts role it really felt weird and very un-natural to see us take that side.

once again, egypt is in no way declaring war as isreal loves to brag to gather us support for its cause, nor are we ready to go into such a war, this is only a message to the isreali's that the days where they can butcher egyptains and get away with it even with out the courtesy of apologizing has long gone. there are a lot of files that were intentionally closed by the mubarak regime perhaps the most famous is the mascaras commmited against Egyptian soliders in in 1967 when they were with out arms and in there boxer shorts!! thats how brave there army is.

finaally iz u raise a lot of points military wise, it is no secret isreal is superior technology wise not just to egypt but to all arab nations, for instance the f-16 isreal gets is a totally different generation to the ones owned by egypt!! even though we have the biggest fleet but technologically there is superior, the same applies to saudi arabia's f-15s its a down grade to the one isreal have which is F-15I and so on and so forth. the point in our favour is the mind set of people, when some one fights for a cause its very different to what they have!! not to mention we r 85million indivuals with the majority of the population being our age!! compare that to isreal and there is no margin of comparison between the two. i agree with u isreal on its own does'nt stand a chance even with the technological superiority they clearly have if its not for the backing up of the us.

any way i dont wish for war, i think it would be logical to build up a stronger economy, a better infra structure, etc and focus on our selves getting stronger bec when u r stronger u get yr ways with law's and u can have solid grounds for yr case but when u r weak like during the mubrak regime u cant stand up for yr rights nor demand for them. isreal will always be egypts main enemy even with the camp david peace treaty in tact. its not new either but u have to go back 7000 years to know we two cant get along.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

humble are we?? nah i dont think its a given any more. also u speak of lives lost as if it causes more damage to us, where in fact more loss of lives on yr end is catastrophic for u thats why u can never launch a long term war, all yr wars were blitz like, so really saying only lives will be lost is just hilarious.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Proud of the Egyptians :touched:

Like Bisco said, under Mubarak, Egyptian lives were not valued, as long as Mubarak and his goons interests are satisfied, the 75M Egyptians dignity takes a backseat. All that is changed now. Having an Israeli embassy is absolutely not acceptable, and the Egyptians are showing the world that they're opposed to having one on their soil.

Liberation of Palestine is our ultimate goal :tup:
:tup::tup::tup:

Actually, your sentence is laughable as Arabs can't be antisemitic because they are semitic themselves.
:agree:
Don't bother mate,they know that but that "anti-semetic trick" is always used by them in attempt to make us stop criticizing Israel.

First of all,those Egyptians are not asking for a war,they are just asking to cut the relation between Egypt and Israel and to through the embassy out of their land.

2nd : You are asking for a peace, do u know that Israeli army is the most army in the world involved in military operations and attacks in the last 5 or 6 years ?:shifty:

3rd : If the Arabs entered a war and lost it they will lose to AMERICANS not Israelis,because Israel without US = a big Zeroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

As IZ said Israel is not able to win a war against Hezbollah which is even a militia not a country,u should wake up and know that "Israel is a strong country" is just a Myth,so better invest ur energy in praising US than arguing with us cos once Americans turn their back to you the story of Israel is over.

And Finally,your words "Israel will maybe gain new territory" just show how a typical zionist you are.Do you know that in International laws there is nothing like gaining a new territory after winning a war? Right of conquest is abondend from a long time ago we are now living in the 21st century not in the middle ages But because you are a zionist and an occupier who doesn't give a damn about International laws you just want to steal as many lands as you could no matter whether you are breaking the laws or not.Your "Israel will maybe gain new territory" just shows how Zionists are dangerous not only to Arabs but to everyone cos they could easily occupy anyone's land once they get the chance to do that

IrishZebra,you are just :tup:

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I don't know anything about the truth of this. But I wouldn't quote youm7... they're the tuttosport and goal.com of Egyptian news, 90% rumours and dirty journalism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)