Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (34 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
to be honest i was shocked to wake up to what happened last night and during the early hours of this morning. what happened is not acceptable to be honest regardless of which embassy it is. i will be openly frank i've been back to cairo for 5 days now and i hate it already :( the attidute has changed drastically, people are mis-understanding the true meaning of freedom and they r the ones provoking the police forces starting with the ahly ultra's incident. i do underst and the attacking on the isreali embassy is the reaction to the scaf attidute but still i seriously feel these are not out of the blue moves these have a serious story behind them.

the people have sent isreal and the scaf alike a message of there dislike to what happened earlier last month when the soliders where shot by the isreali forces but what happened last night is a step too far in the wrong direction. i hope things calm down but as things stand right now a lot of people participating in these demonstrations have lost track of reality and the true meaning of freedom. freedom in nooooooo way means breaking laws and provoking violence.

i dont know what the rest of the egyptain memebers here currently living in egypt think, but as some one who was gone for a little while things r not looking very pleasant. u just need to take a walk in the street to realize this has turned in to one big chaos fest.

the scaf is also loosing a lot of supporters, there is a very obvious feeling the army is the same institution that was running the show during the previous regime period and they r not planning on loosing this control any time soon, and hence we r not facing scaf after getting rid of mubarak, the remains of his party, and now scaf. i do believe they want to hand power to a civilian but in the same time retain pretty much of there power from behind the scenes. kind of reminds me of turkey a couple of years ago.

incidents such as last nights moves dont help reach this point. infact it takes us back to step one, only this time there are'nt many people siding with the rev as the country is seriously suffering due to the fragile state mubarak left it in, it was already a collapsing building right now its barely holding and with out people focusing on rebuilding i'm afraid there will be a shatter in any time soon.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
look at how he talks specially the very last sentence he says, " we toke our rights" ??? what right is he on about is pretty much beyond me.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,827
    to be honest i was shocked to wake up to what happened last night and during the early hours of this morning. what happened is not acceptable to be honest regardless of which embassy it is. i will be openly frank i've been back to cairo for 5 days now and i hate it already :( the attidute has changed drastically, people are mis-understanding the true meaning of freedom and they r the ones provoking the police forces starting with the ahly ultra's incident. i do underst and the attacking on the isreali embassy is the reaction to the scaf attidute but still i seriously feel these are not out of the blue moves these have a serious story behind them.

the people have sent isreal and the scaf alike a message of there dislike to what happened earlier last month when the soliders where shot by the isreali forces but what happened last night is a step too far in the wrong direction. i hope things calm down but as things stand right now a lot of people participating in these demonstrations have lost track of reality and the true meaning of freedom. freedom in nooooooo way means breaking laws and provoking violence.

i dont know what the rest of the egyptain memebers here currently living in egypt think, but as some one who was gone for a little while things r not looking very pleasant. u just need to take a walk in the street to realize this has turned in to one big chaos fest.

the scaf is also loosing a lot of supporters, there is a very obvious feeling the army is the same institution that was running the show during the previous regime period and they r not planning on loosing this control any time soon, and hence we r not facing scaf after getting rid of mubarak, the remains of his party, and now scaf. i do believe they want to hand power to a civilian but in the same time retain pretty much of there power from behind the scenes. kind of reminds me of turkey a couple of years ago.

incidents such as last nights moves dont help reach this point. infact it takes us back to step one, only this time there are'nt many people siding with the rev as the country is seriously suffering due to the fragile state mubarak left it in, it was already a collapsing building right now its barely holding and with out people focusing on rebuilding i'm afraid there will be a shatter in any time soon.
    What do you think about building a wall to protect the embassy? Is that justified after killing 5 Egyptian soldiers and doing nothing to protest that crime?

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    What do you think about building a wall to protect the embassy? Is that justified after killing 5 Egyptian soldiers and doing nothing to protest that crime?
    thats what i meant about sending a message to scaf reb, that move is beyond retarded from there part, but the people should not fall for such moves, its pretty obvious right not scaf's position is very messed up. there are a lot of rumours now circulating that scaf had a hand in people going up to the embassy so that they can have a good reason off course back up by the disappointment people are currently feeling to ban such demonstrations bec sadly the past two months have witnessed divisions happening amongst the rev councils, new players taking advantage of what happened and trying to rally people into different groups, and scaf's insisting on defying what people want and as usual being extremely slow in bringing about change.

bro as for the 5 soliders, the message was loud an clear last month when people voiced there anger, breaking into an embassy is in my opinion a wrong step, i would rather they kept on demonstrating with out breaking into buildings and adding pressure on the military council that way than to bring violence into the scene bec like i mentioned earlier them ilitary council is ready to pounce with force to prevent such demonstrations.

i think this complicated things for us.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,829
    thats what i meant about sending a message to scaf reb, that move is beyond retarded from there part, but the people should not fall for such moves, its pretty obvious right not scaf's position is very messed up. there are a lot of rumours now circulating that scaf had a hand in people going up to the embassy so that they can have a good reason off course back up by the disappointment people are currently feeling to ban such demonstrations bec sadly the past two months have witnessed divisions happening amongst the rev councils, new players taking advantage of what happened and trying to rally people into different groups, and scaf's insisting on defying what people want and as usual being extremely slow in bringing about change.

bro as for the 5 soliders, the message was loud an clear last month when people voiced there anger, breaking into an embassy is in my opinion a wrong step, i would rather they kept on demonstrating with out breaking into buildings and adding pressure on the military council that way than to bring violence into the scene bec like i mentioned earlier them ilitary council is ready to pounce with force to prevent such demonstrations.

i think this complicated things for us.
    But you know in our countries if you keep demonstrating for a century nobody will care about you, but if you hit at something important for them, they will think about what you want.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,831
    The 6th Egyptian soldier that was injured during the Zionist army attack on Egyptian army before around one month died this morning in the hospital...

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    But you know in our countries if you keep demonstrating for a century nobody will care about you, but if you hit at something important for them, they will think about what you want.
    agreed, but peaceful demonstrations in tahrir like the ones the brought down mubarak would've worked and in fact gained a lot of support by the people. unlike with mubarak now there is a huge percentage of egyptains who r backing up the military council simply bec they want life to start returning back to normal and also to reap the benefits of over throwing mubarak which to this min have not all been gained due to the slowness of the military council and the un necessary divisions taking place with in the rev parties. from what i read i understand last nights demonstration did not plan on attacking the police or the embassy, and were calling on the military council to speed things up so that a civil council takes over and i dont know why the military insisted on leading this transitional phase when people were in need of a civil council that understands how to bring back life to normal as opposed the military rule which went on to take activists thru military tribunals. i'm not against demonstrating to pressure scaf but to attack buildings and embassies will only bring in violence against us and like i mentioned earlier i wont be surprised if the scaf ban demonstrations now. (beytalkeko yaa abed)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    reb i'm not saying people should let go of the rev and stay home and not get involved with bringing about the change we dream about but in the same time i want to tell u that there are some scenes that r simply not making people excited bec every one is taking advantage of the current situation. u have people who have liscences to build a certain number of floors in a building go on to exceed that number, u have street sellers set up koshks in the middle of every single street simply bec they know no one will ask them to leave and if they do they will attack the police who has lost any form of respect from the people to the degree its now normal to cross a traffic light even though the police man begs for the cars to stop. this is making people get pissed off bro bec its choas and u cant talk to people doing wrong things bec there level of education and understanding is violent and u will only embarass yr self and might get attacked even though u r right. there is a major sense of disappointment bec it feels like egyptains dont want democracy but chaos in stead!! off course i',m not saying all egyptains and i'm not saying this is the normal but u have to remember we r a population of 80 million and not every one is educated infact we have high illiteracy levels which is making this transitional period harder than it should.

may be i'm just being depressed of the entire thing bec it has dragged on , or bec i was away for a month and feel like its a jungle right now. i hope thingss get better and i snap out of this phase. i do want the military council to hand back the country to civilians and i def dont want an army elected president to run the country again we have had enough of this rule.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,834
    agreed, but peaceful demonstrations in tahrir like the ones the brought down mubarak would've worked and in fact gained a lot of support by the people. unlike with mubarak now there is a huge percentage of egyptains who r backing up the military council simply bec they want life to start returning back to normal and also to reap the benefits of over throwing mubarak which to this min have not all been gained due to the slowness of the military council and the un necessary divisions taking place with in the rev parties. from what i read i understand last nights demonstration did not plan on attacking the police or the embassy, and were calling on the military council to speed things up so that a civil council takes over and i dont know why the military insisted on leading this transitional phase when people were in need of a civil council that understands how to bring back life to normal as opposed the military rule which went on to take activists thru military tribunals. i'm not against demonstrating to pressure scaf but to attack buildings and embassies will only bring in violence against us and like i mentioned earlier i wont be surprised if the scaf ban demonstrations now. (beytalkeko yaa abed)
    reb i'm not saying people should let go of the rev and stay home and not get involved with bringing about the change we dream about but in the same time i want to tell u that there are some scenes that r simply not making people excited bec every one is taking advantage of the current situation. u have people who have liscences to build a certain number of floors in a building go on to exceed that number, u have street sellers set up koshks in the middle of every single street simply bec they know no one will ask them to leave and if they do they will attack the police who has lost any form of respect from the people to the degree its now normal to cross a traffic light even though the police man begs for the cars to stop. this is making people get pissed off bro bec its choas and u cant talk to people doing wrong things bec there level of education and understanding is violent and u will only embarass yr self and might get attacked even though u r right. there is a major sense of disappointment bec it feels like egyptains dont want democracy but chaos in stead!! off course i',m not saying all egyptains and i'm not saying this is the normal but u have to remember we r a population of 80 million and not every one is educated infact we have high illiteracy levels which is making this transitional period harder than it should.

may be i'm just being depressed of the entire thing bec it has dragged on , or bec i was away for a month and feel like its a jungle right now. i hope thingss get better and i snap out of this phase. i do want the military council to hand back the country to civilians and i def dont want an army elected president to run the country again we have had enough of this rule.
    I totally understand you, Ahmad, but I don't understand those who say that all what happened near the Zionist embassy was a conspiracy against revolution. People were so angry because 6 of their sons were killed, and nothing was done. Of course they compared that with the Turkish step last week and felt so disappointed.

Jul 1, 2010
    Because religion is not enough justification to steal a country from its people.
    I didn't say that I agree with the creation of Israel, and I also agree with you that biblical grounds are not justifications to establish a country.

However, I felt that he meant that the Israelis shouldn't have the right to have a country, anywhere in the world.

For one, I'd have settled them in Western Germany, at the place of crime.

However, it is now too late to go back.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,839
    Egypt's feared military leader blames embassy attack for his no-show at Mubarak's trial

Egypt's military ruler failed to make his eagerly anticipated appearance at the trial of the deposed leader Hosni Mubarak yesterday, blaming the continuing fallout from the dramatic siege of the Israeli embassy in Cairo.

Field Marshall Mohammed Hussein Tantawi, once a close Mubarak ally, postponed his closed-doors evidence that many had hoped would prove critical in convicting Mr Mubarak of conspiring to kill unarmed protesters after the start of the uprising in January. The delay is likely to dismay many Egyptians, who have repeatedly called for faster political reform and swift justice for members of the ousted ruling elite, months after massive pro-democracy demonstrations swept the Mubarak regime from power. The former Defence Minister will now appear before the court on 24 September, according to Egyptian media.

On Friday protests demanding swifter political reform quickly descended into chaos, when an angry mob converged on the Israeli embassy, rampaging through the building and clashing with police in the second incident in a few weeks. Egyptian commandos rescued diplomatic staff from the furious mob.

In the wake of the attack, Mr Tantawi said he was busy with security issues and offered to provide written testimony to the court instead, a proposal rejected by the judge. The delay could also indicate a reluctance by Mr Tantawi, described in a US diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks as "Mubarak's poodle", to give evidence against an old friend with whom he was closely linked in decades of repressive rule.

There is also a fear by some senior officials that the trial, which is being conducted behind closed doors under a media blackout, could potentially implicate members of the interim military authority in the crackdown that left nearly 900 dead.

Many ordinary Egyptians remain deeply sceptical that Mr Mubarak, 83, and his political allies will be convicted. The Egyptian authorities are already suspected of drawing out the case, and several police witnesses have recanted earlier statements.

Mr Tantawi's evidence has been sought because he hinted previously that the army had defied orders to fire on protesters. Mr Mubarak, who is also accused of corruption and abuse of power, has pleaded not guilty.

Both Israel and Egypt appeared keen to avoid a prolonged diplomatic crisis over the embassy attack, with Israeli officials playing down reports that Egyptian officials initially ignored Israeli pleas for intervention. The United States, which has provided Egypt with billions of dollars in military aid, finally demanded that Egypt protect the Israeli mission. "When push came to shove, [the Egyptians] did come to the fore," an Israeli official said.

Egypt bolstered security around the embassy yesterday as the two countries discussed ways to reopen the mission after Israel's ambassador and most of its embassy staff were airlifted out. Israel said it wanted to send its envoy back, but first required assurances about security.

Egypt's military council has struggled to contain domestic anger towards Israel, which has intensified since Israeli forces killed five Egyptian border guards following a cross-border terror attack last month. Nearly 20 people have been arrested in connection with the attack on the embassy, which left three dead and hundreds injured.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...for-his-noshow-at-mubaraks-trial-2353173.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)