Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (47 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Egypt uprising: Islamists lead Tahrir Square rally

Tens of thousands of people have packed Cairo's Tahrir Square, after the first call by Islamist leaders for nationwide demonstrations since President Hosni Mubarak was overthrown in February.

Many protesters - dominated by Muslim Brotherhood supporters - are calling for an Islamic state and Sharia law.

Correspondents say the rallies will be a worrying development for secularists.

The Brotherhood is the most organised political force in Egypt, although it was not prominent in the revolution.

Tensions have been running high between Egypt's Islamist and secular groups, who are at odds over the transition to democracy in the Arab world's most populated country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14341089

Who would have thought? :p
You do know that the Muslim brotherhood promised not to run for presidency, right?

If the people want an Islamist nation, they can have one.

Of course not. It's still too early to judge I know, but this is looking more and more like Iran of 32 years ago. An Islamic republic Iran was what people wanted back in the day (unanimously voted by 98.9% of people) and now we have this. Don't know how Egypt will look like if the majority push for an Islamic Egypt.

you see the problem hoori and fred is when some people ( the salfists ) who were sitting at home during the rev now jumped on board releasing BS about people being liberal, or people wanting proper laws etc to them all these people are non believers and they r playing the religon card specially on the non educated majority of the egyptain population. its no secret they r getting aids from known arab nations to pursue such political stance which is pushing egypt to a religous nation like the iranian example.

realistically on the ground its no secret egypt is an islamic nation with an islamic identity but they r frightening the average egyptain with stuff like they dont want egypt to be an islamic state, they dont want to use shairah ( even though egypt has christians living in it i,e u can enforce it the way they want) any way they r now jumping on the band wagon and are acting like they were the ones who gave in everything to remove mubarak etc while they were still debating if its allowed in islam to remove the president or not.

i seriously hope and wish egypt never becomes a religous state bec that would be like bringing back mubarak only this time they scare people and control them using religon and wrong understandings of religon just like so many other nations known to all of us where religon is used to keep people hush hush. i dont think they stand a chance to be honest, egypt may seem to be on the road to being a new iran but its going to take so much for that to happen and quite realistically i dont see it people have had enough of being treated harshly and always living in fear.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Slightly.

It takes decades to build a democracy.
its a tiny tiny change almost non existent IZ, if u noticed the army and police used the exact same tactics used during the mubarak time, under cover police who are brutal, and excessive force. true the people at stand in tahrir should've taken the cease considering the majority of the rev groups declared no stand in ramadan yet they insisted but in no way should they have been taken down this way. lets not forget its bec of these stands that we r witnessing any form of progress in our lives considering the military council is pretty slow, and these stands ensure the demands are fulfilled the way they r meant to be. if it was'nt for these stands we would'nt be seeing mubarak and the ex minister of interior stand infront of the jury.

now mubarak attending or not, or if we will see him behind bars is a totally different story. i personally dont think we will witness this but it would be a massive and very pleasant surprise if he is indeed dragged to court for the killing of the hundreds who lost there life for our freedom.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
its a tiny tiny change almost non existent IZ, if u noticed the army and police used the exact same tactics used during the mubarak time, under cover police who are brutal, and excessive force. true the people at stand in tahrir should've taken the cease considering the majority of the rev groups declared no stand in ramadan yet they insisted but in no way should they have been taken down this way. lets not forget its bec of these stands that we r witnessing any form of progress in our lives considering the military council is pretty slow, and these stands ensure the demands are fulfilled the way they r meant to be. if it was'nt for these stands we would'nt be seeing mubarak and the ex minister of interior stand infront of the jury.

now mubarak attending or not, or if we will see him behind bars is a totally different story. i personally dont think we will witness this but it would be a massive and very pleasant surprise if he is indeed dragged to court for the killing of the hundreds who lost there life for our freedom.
I'm not saying it will, but the transition between autocracy and pluralism is usually just as bad as the previous regime, I'm thinking of the Sandinista regime in Nicaragua. If there is going to be any democracy it's going to go the same as it was for some time. You can't dismantle a state and then just expect it to go 'poof' and function in a new way. Putting the Army in charge is a really bad idea, however, because Mubarak stifled as opposition and civil society they are the only organised force outside of the Muslim Brotherhood.

I'd rather the MB really be in charge than the army though :)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,733
    They delayed it until 15th of August. He appeared healthy and had no problem, but the military council has decided to put him in one of the best hospitals in Egypt.

It is just a way to make him escape the jail thing as they are his friends and can't risk putting him in jail because then he will reveal their scandals too.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    They delayed it until 15th of August. He appeared healthy and had no problem, but the military council has decided to put him in one of the best hospitals in Egypt.

It is just a way to make him escape the jail thing as they are his friends and can't risk putting him in jail because then he will reveal their scandals too.
    nope reb, the one on the 15th of august is the econmical benefits he reaped during his presidency, along with his sons gains. tomorrow they carry on with the minister of interior to carry on with the killing of demonstrators.

i'm pretty optimistic about these trials, and to be honest i did'nt expect him to be present nor did i ever imagine him being behind bars!! i'm very proud to have witnessed such an event in my lifetime as he is the first pharoah to ever be trialed by the people!! in 7000 years!! :D. this should serve that injust treatment might get u far but yr end is always on the horizon.

as for the morons called " we r sorry president" these are a bunch of clowns who benefited from the previous regime. its soo easy to say forgive the guy when u benefited from his regime, they should have some blood and stay home bec his regime has killed people in cold blood.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    What kind of a court is this? :lol2: It's like a zoo.
    its a zoo indeed bec each member of the ex regime has hired a minimum of 5 lawyers!! :D so its def a zoo but i think it will pick up and move smoothly soon. dont forget too ze this is sth no one ever imagined, not here in egypt alone but across the arab world .

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    nope reb, the one on the 15th of august is the econmical benefits he reaped during his presidency, along with his sons gains. tomorrow they carry on with the minister of interior to carry on with the killing of demonstrators.

i'm pretty optimistic about these trials, and to be honest i did'nt expect him to be present nor did i ever imagine him being behind bars!! i'm very proud to have witnessed such an event in my lifetime as he is the first pharoah to ever be trialed by the people!! in 7000 years!! :D. this should serve that injust treatment might get u far but yr end is always on the horizon.

as for the morons called " we r sorry president" these are a bunch of clowns who benefited from the previous regime. its soo easy to say forgive the guy when u benefited from his regime, they should have some blood and stay home bec his regime has killed people in cold blood.
    What do you mean Ahmed? Do your people seriously demand his execution?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    He was responsible for the killing of over 700 in the protests only, that is other than the hundreds who died in prisons, and the thousands of people who were tortured for their opinions during his rule. He definitely deserves the death penalty.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

sorry reb u were right his trial is on the 15th indeed i mis-understood the report they showed on the case i thought only one case will be moved to the 15th as he is involved in more than one case.

Aye, but shouldn't each member be tried separately?
    agreed, but thats just the first calling out of the cases i'm guessing ze i;m no expert in egyptain law system but the second time it was pretty normal

What do you mean Ahmed? Do your people seriously demand his execution?
    what i meant by the highlighted part Hoori means, the people asking for him not to be judged infront of court should have some manners or good will if u like and put them selves in the place of the mothers, dad's, brother, and sisters of the people who lost there life by the bullets of the police forces by direct orders from Mubarak. sure they will try to prove the minister of interior acted on his own but Hoori it would be an insult to egyptains if they use that card bec we r not retarded to believe mubarak had no idea of what was going on in the streets.

as for do they want his execution, well if he is found quilty why not hoori?? if any normal person kills any one would'nt they be trialed and if the judge finds him quilty he would get the punishment as mentioned in the egyptain law?? why should he or his kids be any different?? by the way hoori he is getting good treatment infact mubarak is being spoiled, any normal egyptain citizen with what he has would'nt be getting all this care from assigning him to the best hospital etc etc.

will he get executed?? thats a totally different story bec a lot of factors go in. mubarak's Friends if u like and they r known are adding pressure on the current military council. personally i think he wont get executed, if he is lucky he might meet his god before a final sentence is issued but his kids are surely getting a punishment if they r found guilty.

mubarak is not just being trialed for the killing of people,, he is also being trialed in a lot of suspicious contracts with isreal ( the famous egyptain gas to isreal and jordan) and other buisness related scandals involving his sons. his youngest son gamal is also involved in the killing of people on the 2nd of feb in what is now known as the camel day or camel move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)