Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (12 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Did Bisco get through this lark okay?:frown2:
no way!!!!!1 finally bro!!! god iz i was soooooooo concerned about u disappearing like that :) i'm sooooooo happy u r fine and doing well bro thank god. i hope all is well with u iz and yr family are doing well and in the best of health. i'm alright just been busy with my finals and the horrific summer weather. p.s dont disappear like this on us bro after all u r the biggest der pharoah fan :D :beer:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,702
    Now, clashes are taking place between demonstrators and the police again in Tahrir square in Cairo...

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,704
    Many police officers who killed demonstrators during the revolution were sent out of jail yesterday.

It was shocking for some people, but I think it is so predictable.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,708
    The officers as the PM said.
    He is just talking blabla as he seems not having any real authority in the whole country. He just gets the orders of Tantawi and Co. who have no intention at all to set the criminals of the former regime accountable because of one clear reason. They are a part of that regime, and any fair trial will follow them sooner or later.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    I agree that he holds no authority and that's why I believe those Tantawi words he repeated will be done. Tantawi is scared now more than ever from the Tahrir and the revolution. He knows only days are separating him from another rebellion.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,710
    Huge clashes tonight in Cairo between those who support the military council and those who oppose it.

150 people were injured.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Egypt uprising: Islamists lead Tahrir Square rally

Tens of thousands of people have packed Cairo's Tahrir Square, after the first call by Islamist leaders for nationwide demonstrations since President Hosni Mubarak was overthrown in February.

Many protesters - dominated by Muslim Brotherhood supporters - are calling for an Islamic state and Sharia law.

Correspondents say the rallies will be a worrying development for secularists.

The Brotherhood is the most organised political force in Egypt, although it was not prominent in the revolution.

Tensions have been running high between Egypt's Islamist and secular groups, who are at odds over the transition to democracy in the Arab world's most populated country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14341089

Who would have thought? :p

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    You do know that the Muslim brotherhood promised not to run for presidency, right?

If the people want an Islamist nation, they can have one.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Of course not. It's still too early to judge I know, but this is looking more and more like Iran of 32 years ago. An Islamic republic Iran was what people wanted back in the day (unanimously voted by 98.9% of people) and now we have this. Don't know how Egypt will look like if the majority push for an Islamic Egypt.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,718
    The army has finished the last gathering in Tahrir square.

So, has the revolution changed the regime?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)