Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (8 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
For the past 2 days it looked like it was all dying. I read there were 'only' about a thousand people camped out in Tahrir Square last night but then today they had the biggest turn out of demonstrators since all this started. Amazing really. You think the protesters have the momentum again?
true, it kind of went down a bit bec life was starting to get back to normal. and let me explain normal here bec it surely is not normal i,e compared to egypt pre 25th!!

people are starting to go to work now, but there is still curfew that no one even cares about. i tried it personally and i went out i was stopped at three different check points but no one does anything they just ask u politely to show them yr id and i swear in the nicest way ever they ask u where u r going?? u answer and they fucking believe u!!!!!!!!!! and u r on yr way ( army soldiers )

sth i witnessed in person too and i laughed a bit about it!! ( u cant blame me though :D) is the police are back in the streets but not on there own meaning?!?! they r in number u will never find one on his one minimum ten others are standing together bec they know people are shit angry with them for all they've done. u can see it in every ones face and i honestly dont blame them sure there are good police officers but sadly those are the minority but i think they learned there lesson so hopefully this is the beginning of a new page for them and how to treat humans!! there was actually a joke about how different an army solider treats u and how a police officer treats u the differences are massive!!!!!

banks are open once again although they have shorter hours from 9 to 1 only as opposed to 9 to 5 pm.

last night they had an interview with the person who started all of this simply by creating a group on facebook he brought together a lot of guys our age group and it all started from there. it was an emotional interview according to naggar and my mum as i missed it but its the reason why today in particular a lot of people showed up and even the people who r pro mubarak ditched that non sense and got back in track with the rest in tahrir.

i dont agree that this revolution can be considered a failure even if Mubarak is still in power bec u have no idea how much this brought out the best in us!!! i can go on and on about how things where pre 25th and now.

so all in all i still believe we r going forward regardless of out come :)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
true, it kind of went down a bit bec life was starting to get back to normal. and let me explain normal here bec it surely is not normal i,e compared to egypt pre 25th!!

people are starting to go to work now, but there is still curfew that no one even cares about. i tried it personally and i went out i was stopped at three different check points but no one does anything they just ask u politely to show them yr id and i swear in the nicest way ever they ask u where u r going?? u answer and they fucking believe u!!!!!!!!!! and u r on yr way ( army soldiers )

sth i witnessed in person too and i laughed a bit about it!! ( u cant blame me though :D) is the police are back in the streets but not on there own meaning?!?! they r in number u will never find one on his one minimum ten others are standing together bec they know people are shit angry with them for all they've done. u can see it in every ones face and i honestly dont blame them sure there are good police officers but sadly those are the minority but i think they learned there lesson so hopefully this is the beginning of a new page for them and how to treat humans!! there was actually a joke about how different an army solider treats u and how a police officer treats u the differences are massive!!!!!

banks are open once again although they have shorter hours from 9 to 1 only as opposed to 9 to 5 pm.

last night they had an interview with the person who started all of this simply by creating a group on facebook he brought together a lot of guys our age group and it all started from there. it was an emotional interview according to naggar and my mum as i missed it but its the reason why today in particular a lot of people showed up and even the people who r pro mubarak ditched that non sense and got back in track with the rest in tahrir.

i dont agree that this revolution can be considered a failure even if Mubarak is still in power bec u have no idea how much this brought out the best in us!!! i can go on and on about how things where pre 25th and now.

so all in all i still believe we r going forward regardless of out come :)
Aye, I saw the interview. Very intense. I'm not sure the guy even knew what was happening around him while he was in custody.

That's good to hear bro and I agree...with or without Mubarak you guys have changed the course of history :)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,170
    A Brazilian website tried to follow news in Egypt. Look what they concluded in the end

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    He won't leave until he's forcibly removed.

Things seem to be going back to normal, at least that's what is being reported here.

Mubarak is winning.
    That's great. The demonstrations going on without (at least some aspects of) people's lives coming back to normal would be going to harm Egypt financially a lot.

But it's not like Mubarak has won the battle. Egyptians are now united against him, they now know well what they want, Mubarak knows what they want and the whole world knows what they want. That's already quite a big achievement. Mubarak also knows that people are not scared (or maybe indifferent) anymore to come to the streets to protest. Even if he stays he will not have the same image he had been having before the demonstrations started.

Egyptians, IMO, have already achieved a lot even if Mubarak decides to candidate himself for the September elections.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    That's great. The demonstrations going on without (at least some aspects of) people's lives coming back to normal would be going to harm Egypt financially a lot.

But it's not like Mubarak has won the battle. Egyptians are now united against him, they now know well what they want, Mubarak knows what they want and the whole world knows what they want. That's already quite a big achievement. Mubarak also knows that people are not scared (or maybe indifferent) anymore to come to the streets to protest. Even if he stays he will not have the same image he had been having before the demonstrations started.

Egyptians, IMO, have already achieved a lot even if Mubarak decides to candidate himself for the September elections.
    :tup: agreed!!

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,179
    According to Human Rights watch, the death toll since 28th January is 297 until Tuesday's morning as follows: 232 in Cairo, 52 in Alexandria and 13 in Suez.

Today a guy was killed in another region. I guess it is called Al-Wadi Al-Jadeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)