Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (9 Viewers)

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
My point is that maybe you shouldn't paint such a rosy picture as you did before "freedom for everyone", when in fact that's not true. So Islamic societies of x centuries ago treated other religious communities better than other societies did at the time, fine. But that is not sufficient to claim that it is some kind of superb model when in fact it still has serious flaws. Same goes for Mo's fabled ideal society.

Notice that what we're talking about here is the ideal. Ideals never become realized. Yet even so there are groups being oppressed, and that's not very different from Ahmadinejad saying "there are no homosexuals in Iran". Pretend the problem doesn't exist.

A just society doesn't tell some of its citizens "maybe you should leave the country", do you disagree?
Well what's the point of a government after all? mainly to achieve what citizens want and serve them right
so when the majority want something, then it should be. this is the whole idea of democracy
well the majority are Muslims and they don't like homosexuality, it existed as a matter of fact in the Islamic country hundreds of years ago and I read of many incidents, I even read about a corrupt Caliph of Bani Ummayya who had a pet slave, for homosexual fun.
ideal is never realized of course, but when you focus on science and taking your country forward, issues like homosexuality become very minor, but when your society is weak, lazy and with no rights, people tend to major in minors and give them more time and thought than they deserve to let out their chronic depression

Homosexuality will always exist, you may see it as a freedom and I may see it as a disgusting abnormal behaviour but at the end there's a place on the planet for everyone and the freedom to choose

I definitely agree that society shouldn't tell anyone to leave, let's assume we have 5% christians and 5% homosexuals in Egypt, and let's also assume we have democracy
now in Egypt you're not allowed to build a Mosque or a Church without a license, and Christians are against that
what are the chances they get what they want through a vote?
what are the chances homosexuals get approved by society through the same way?
it won't happen!
even in the west and Europe where there's freedom as you define it, there are oppresed minorities everywhere, and there will always be

but compared to the treatment minorites get everywhere in the world now, and in other countries during the time of the Islamic country, I'd say Islam treated minorites very well

Buy on AliExpress.com

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Live bullets against protestors in Tahrir square right now
2 at least dead so far and tens of injuries

I'm in disbelief! burn in hell Mubarak

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
So basically the mercenaries attacking protestors (in civilian outfits) are sent by the businessmen who made a lot of money under Mubarak's corrupt era and don't want that gone

using live bullets against protests, now they're 3 dead in the last hour
2 of them are doctors went to aid the injured

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
TravelGov Travel - State Dept

All remaining U.S. citizens who wish to depart #Egypt on a USG flight should report to airport immediately.
Further delay is not advisable.
Last warning before they issue mandatory evacs.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
NBC's Brian Williams said Cairo is in a "Mad Max" scenario.

All of this chaos is simply a win for Mubarak. He'll send in more goon squads and eventually declare martial law, with more citizens dying and more of a "told ya so" response from the dictator himself.

This ends badly.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Mubarak isn't stupid Tahir, he's very smart evil.

He made a speech that means nothing and gave no promises, then brought back Internet to get some of the guys busy in it, he (or his people) hired mercenaries online and offline against us and made us become traitors
now he looks like an angel, and Egyptian TV calls this "Pro-Mubarak and Anti-Mubarak protests are fighting"

now EVERYone is fighting in a different way, I'm fighting in the street and fighting on facebook and on the phone
you'll find people with or against Mubarak, Baradaey, brotherhood, Friday demonestration, peace, and lots of things

it's impossible to find two people agreeing 100%, so it's only getting more violent and he looks like a hero who didn't want to escape responsibility

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
The saddest part, Tahir is that I also thought people won't forgive him
only to find movements including friends I know well- making him a hero
this is beyond unbelievable, I'm too shocked to get angry!

Is this just going on in Cairo or other cities too?
Everywhere, but it's most violent in Cairo down town-Tahrir square and 6 Oct bridge

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Right now in Cairo it's a "you're on your own" situation, a true war
protect your family, your property and yourself by yourself

luckily for me where I live there's nothing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)