Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (30 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Snoop has a point no one can deny(It's a big possibility). The day that Arab countries turn into Islamic States then we'll be facing hell. The thing is, I also think there's hope for a civilized wise man replacing lets say Mubarak or any other President, but the odds aren't low I'm afraid.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Snoop, Islamic state as it should really be is a much much better government than what ALL Arabs are in now
your people were treated much better than now in the Islamic country days over 1000 years ago

BUT the people who call themselves Islamic these days are obviously corrupt as well as others, a true Muslims doesn't seek power, and doesn't use his religion as a way to climb up in politics.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Islamic states are my concerns, if it starts there, it will spread everywhere, including to the place you and I live. The outcame? terrible place to live in, more ugly wars.
If you mean by Islamic states the likes of Taliban government,then you are right and i'm with you they should not exist at all,Iran & KSA are nothing but hypocrites and dictators,but as Naggar says a true Islamic state is not the one you think,and History itself witnesses many successful Islamic states.

Whenever the term Islamic state is mentioned everyone would directly think it's a state that dosen't advocate freedom of speach,agianst modernity and has no religious toleration.But that's exactly opposite to what Islam teaches.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Snoop, Islamic state as it should really be is a much much better government than what ALL Arabs are in now
your people were treated much better than now in the Islamic country days over 1000 years ago

BUT the people who call themselves Islamic these days are obviously corrupt as well as others, a true Muslims doesn't seek power, and doesn't use his religion as a way to climb up in politics.
Like the Armenian genocide? :D

We are getting treated very good at the moment, I am not complaining at all, I would love the best for Arabs, I seriously do. I wish if they get a quality and safe life, better education etc. But I don't think that is possible under Islamic state man. Not just Islamic, add to that Christian, Jewish..

You can't and shouldn't force someone to change their lifestyle, where is the democracy in that? I want a government based on logic and fairness, that treats everyone equally. Not the one that ask "Kafirs" pay more taxes, serve more in the army etc..

Well, Egyptians have the best sense of humor, at anytime!

it says: "Leave already, my hand is tired"
Hlwe :D

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
If you mean by Islamic states the likes of Taliban government,then you are right and i'm with you they should not exist at all,Iran & KSA are nothing but hypocrites and dictators,but as Naggar says a true Islamic state is not the one you think,and History itself witnesses many successful Islamic states.

Whenever the term Islamic state is mentioned everyone would directly think it's a state that dosen't advocate freedom of speach,agianst modernity and has no religious toleration.But that's exactly opposite to what Islam teaches.
What about the Ottoman empire? you call that perfect Islamic state/Emprie? If so, then yes I am against that.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
So as you all know Internet was blocked here, beside Jazeera channels were blocked for me (including sports ones)

so 2 days ago I open the tv to find Mubarak blabbering, people dying, the country is burning, Pazzini scoring 2 goals for Inter (he plays for inter?!!) and Juve lost to Udinese

I turned off the tv and slept 11 hours

Jul 2, 2006
Islamic states are my concerns, if it starts there, it will spread everywhere, including to the place you and I live. The outcame? terrible place to live in, more ugly wars.
As long as people choose them nobody has right to complain. Muslims too have right to live under their law in their country. French people can't live under Sharia but people expect Muslims to live under european law. Don't know what ugly wars you're talking about but most remembered ones are crusades and WWs which is not started by muslims. True Islamic states are responsible for protect their non-muslims as well. Nothing to worry about for you.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I'm sorry snoop I have too much in my head to get into that debate, I'll leave it to Hatim

but just a small point, when non-Muslims paid Jezya الجزيه they received protection (when romans were slaughtering christians in Egypt) and didn't serve in the Army, besides they were left alone completely and we have direct orders NEVER to hurt a person worshiping a God in his place, even if his God was fire as magoos

but right now, we both pay taxes, and get nothing in return, beside christians are getting killed

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007

We are getting treated very good at the moment, I am not complaining at all, I would love the best for Arabs, I seriously do. I wish if they get a quality and safe life, better education etc. But I don't think that is possible under Islamic state man. Not just Islamic, add to that Christian, Jewish..

You can't and shouldn't force someone to change their lifestyle, where is the democracy in that? I want a government based on logic and fairness, that treats everyone equally. Not the one that ask "Kafirs" pay more taxes, serve more in the army etc..
My friend Snoop,How can you say a true Islamic state will not secure a better Education?!!!
Don't you know mate what Muslims contributed to Science,Art and Philosophy.

I can't speak on behalf of Christians and Jews cos i'm not one of them.

And can you please tell me how will ur life style change under an Islam law?And why won't be there equality?

What about the Ottoman empire? you call that perfect Islamic state/Emprie? If so, then yes I am against that.
My friend Snoop,i can never judge the Ottoman empire in just one word,there were bad caliphs and there were good.

Jul 2, 2006

Ittihad Terakki? Everything but Islamic.

''Kafirs'' didn't serve in army at all. That's why they have paid ''more'' taxes. What's the matter with kafirs btw? If that word which means unbeliever really offends maybe you're a believer deep inside.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I'm sorry snoop I have too much in my head to get into that debate, I'll leave it to Hatim

but just a small point, when non-Muslims paid Jezya الجزيه they received protection (when romans were slaughtering christians in Egypt) and didn't serve in the Army, besides they were left alone completely and we have direct orders NEVER to hurt a person worshiping a God in his place, even if his God was fire as magoos

but right now, we both pay taxes, and get nothing in return, beside christians are getting killed
I don't want to pay anything different than the rest, I want to be protected for free just like others.

My friend Snoop,How can you say a true Islamic state will not secure a better Education?!!!
Don't you know mate what Muslims contributed to Science,Art and Philosophy.

I can't speak on behalf of Christians and Jews cos i'm not one of them.

And can you please tell me how will ur life style change under an Islam law?And why won't be there equality?
Not for me, for women definitely. They won't wear whatever they want to, will they? Ok I tell you what will happen to me, let's say I have sex with another woman, and we are not married, and their family discover that, what will the Islamic state do to me? :snoop:

My friend Snoop,i can never judge the Ottoman empire in just one word,there were bad caliphs and there were good.
What if we get a bad Caliph, like it happened in our time (Genocide)? The chances of getting massacred rise right? How can you guarantee me that there won't be any bad leader. Some religious people are good, trust able, know what mercy is, but some other religious people are furious and hateful, and if they are in charge, it's not good for anyone.

Forget everything, I can't even understand why you guys want an Islamic state, what will that benefit you? can you explain it to me so I understand you better, I told you the negatives, you tell me the positive parts. You tell me what Islamic state can offer than a regular one.

My honest opinion is, religion is a philosophy, a life style, for you guys a belief. I do respect when it is kept in the person, between himself and his "master", but when you use it as a tool/weapon, then it's gone, religions are disgusting then. Everyone should practice the religion by himself, and not force it to his family, do we disagree here? Asking the state to be on religious lows, is interfering with others' lives and their style, do you call that democracy? isn't that dictatorship?

Ittihad Terakki? Everything but Islamic.

''Kafirs'' didn't serve in army at all. That's why they have paid ''more'' taxes. What's the matter with kafirs btw? If that word which means unbeliever really offends maybe you're a believer deep inside.
it doesn't mean unbeliever, and you know that very well :D

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I don't want to pay anything different than the rest, I want to be protected for free just like others.
Well, Muslims don't get protected for free, they do it themselves in the army, but you don't have to
besides, Muslims pay Zakat already

other than that you're treated equally everywhere in the country, in life and religion issues, can do anything except ruling the country (which is obvious being in the minority)

looking at things right, I think Islam was the first to establish democracy and human rights right in history

you can disagree of course, but I want every non-Muslim to understand that Islam ruling is not Taliban or Iran, the closest I can think of is Saladin's Jerusalem; peace and freedom for everyone.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
you can disagree of course, but I want every non-Muslim to understand that Islam ruling is not Taliban or Iran, the closest I can think of is Saladin's Jerusalem; peace and freedom for everyone.
Homosexuals too? I'm not trying to troll, but since you said "everyone" it's good to know what that means.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Homosexuality is a misuse of freedom
Just like going on public tv and calling a person a bad word, it is freedom but it's not right

I don't want to go any further in this with all the blood I see every day in my country, but I have my beliefs and you have yours, we live in a country with a Muslim majority (90% I think) and this is what we believe in
in USA or anywhere else where we are 1% and homosexuality is a great thing you don't see us complaining, but then they allow homosexuality and ban hijab in schools

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Homosexuality is a misuse of freedom
Just like going on public tv and calling a person a bad word, it is freedom but it's not right

I don't want to go any further in this with all the blood I see every day in my country, but I have my beliefs and you have yours, we live in a country with a Muslim majority (90% I think) and this is what we believe in
in USA or anywhere else where we are 1% and homosexuality is a great thing you don't see us complaining, but then they allow homosexuality and ban hijab in schools
Hey man, if one wants to have a serious conversation about freedom and rights, well these things come up.

Maybe this isn't the time for it. But then again, maybe it is.

But now you are just running away from the problem, first you set out to reassure Snoop that everything is wonderful and now you basically say "well we are the majority so we will tell the others what to do". Not quite as reassuring as your first attempt imo.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
No I'm not running away at all! but I swear there's enough in my head
a few weeks ago I would've went deep in a debate like this

perhaps things aren't wonderful in your eyes in a true Islamic country, but then again you have a country and you get to choose how it's run
so if I'm a Muslim in France, and my veiled daughters are not allowed to wear their veils in schools, what can I do? nothing
if I said anything they'll say that maybe I should follow the rules of the country or leave!
so I'll live in an Islamic country, the homosexual will face the same problem, and may have to leave

so everyone can choose where he wants to live and be happy, but the problems is with minorities who feel home in a Muslim country, like snoop or Christians in Egypt

History speaking, when Islam came to Egypt, Christians were being slaughtered by Romans and Islam saved them, protected them and gave them freedom
we do offer freedom in religion and we're the only religion in the 3 that respects all other religions, but then again all religions are against homosexuality.

of course everything I mentioned would happen in a perfect world, that's why when Islamic movements arise, you'll find lots of extremests and hypocrites in them, who'll give a bad image obviously, and that's whats happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)