Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (18 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
it's your ability. thanks to you, we have learned that muslims brotherhood preaching throwing kids from top of a high water tank, a muslim is attempting to make two metro's collide with each other while another one is having sex with 8 years old before killing her.

From the first minute of coup, it was obvious that terrible things will happen. Did you really think that people will get over it like nothing happened? Prevent people from raising their voice in elections, they will get radicalized.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
it's your ability. thanks you, we have learned that muslims brotherhood preaching throwing kids from top of a high water tank, a muslim is attempting to make two metro's collide with each other while another one is having sex with 8 years old before killing her.

From the first minute of coup, it was obvious that terrible things will happen. Did you really think that people will get over it like nothing happened? Prevent people from raising their voice in elections, they will get radicalized.
terrible things from thugs is one thing and terrible things from people who use religion or claim to know islam is sth else!!! if they r thugs ok, but if they r islamic militants then there is sth sooooooooo fucked up. what islam is this?? in which verse of quran does a muslim do this?? in which FUCKING SHAIRAA IS THIS ACCEPTABLE?!?!?! you know whats insultive?? that they r chanting " with our souls and lives we scarfice for you islam" i'm sorry but this is unacceptable for what ever reason i don't care!! i'm shocked you r still trying to find reasons to defend sth like this.

this is there democracy say you don't want the cunt that is morsy and this is what happens to you. a bunch of hypocrites who lie, sell there souls to the devils, make promises, and once in power they show there true colours.

Jul 2, 2006
terrible things from thugs is one thing and terrible things from people who use religion is sth else!!! if they r thugs ok, but if they r islamic militants then there is sth sooooooooo fucked up. what islam is this?? in which verse of quran does a muslim do this?? in which FUCKING SHAIRAA IS THIS ACCEPTABLE?!?!?! you know whats insultive?? that they r chanting " with our souls and lives we scarfice for you islam" i'm sorry but this is unacceptable for what ever reason i dont care!! i'm shocked you r still trying to find reasons to defend sth like this.
Terrible things are terrible things, no matter coming from whom. I have never said any of this is acceptable in Islam. People will get radicalized, that's inevitable as your army didn't give them a fair chance to challenge in politics. Now be honest and talk the truth. Love them or hate them, Muslim Brotherhood are most successfully organized party in Egypt and they won the election legally without using any kind of terrorism. Even after the coup, those who call people to resist also told people to stay away from violence.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Terrible things are terrible things, no matter coming from whom. I have never said any of this is acceptable in Islam. People will get radicalized, that's inevitable as your army didn't give them a fair chance challenge in politics. Now be honest and talk the truth. Love them or hate them, Muslim Brotherhood are most successfully organized party in Egypt and they won the election legally without using any kind of terrorism. Even after the coup, those who call people to resist also told people to stay away from violence.

ok here is a little heads up and if you don't believe me do some research. during the announcement of the electorial reults i was in aswan airport, sitting with people listening to the speach on a policemans walkie talkie. let me tell you that, that day the entire country was threatened by the muslim brotherhood that if morsy does not win they will burn the country. You have 5 egyptains in this forum lets see if they will say i'm wrong. this we r witnessing is what would've happened to us. how ever are they organized group, yes i cant deny, are they preaching violence YES!!! listen to there supreme leader speech last night :) you know what is sickening, they send there youth to die, and as i showed you they even kill pro mosri demonstrators near a tank or humvee just so they can frame and cause FITNA you know what that means. so that part is no turk they say we don't call for violence on CNN AND AL-JAZEERAH with no tv coverage they encourage violence.

Jul 2, 2006
If they were really preaching violence as a party policy, it would be a civil war we talk about now. You know it's not difficult to stop violence before it's too late.
Release Morsi and other prisoners, call for an immediate election without any kind of ban for individuals or parties.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
If they were really preaching violence as a party policy, it would be a civil war we talk about now. You know it's not difficult to stop violence before it's too late.
Release Morsi and other prisoners, call for an immediate election without any kind of ban for individuals or parties.
morsi will not be released before standing in court turk, he had court dates in cases that have to do with national security ( before he got the boot he is part of a trail about the opening of the prisons on the 28th jan 2011) not to mention crimes against egypt that you will find out very soon, along with his other brothers in the supreme council of the mb.

- - - Updated - - -

note correction mohammed bardiee not prime minister they r still studying this, and there is a big chance he will be an adviser not a pm. it makes sense bec the nour salfist party have reservations about bardie being pm.

Jul 2, 2006
morsi will not be released before standing in court turk, he had court dates in cases that have to do with national security ( before he got the boot he is part of a trail about the opening of the prisons on the 28th jan 2011) not to mention crimes against egypt that you will find out very soon, along with his other brothers in the supreme council of the mb.
It's easy to make excuses when you are determined to keep them locked. Don't tell me about those ''crimes'' against country. Adnan Menderes, first ever elected prime minister of Turkiye, hanged by junta because of nothing. Even if Morsi found guilty, people will not recognize the decision of kangaroo court which is in control of junta.

These are two requests, legitimate and democratic as it can get. These should not be even debated. If you reject them, that means you have no problem with people dying on streets.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It's easy to make excuses when you are determined to keep them locked. Don't tell me about those ''crimes'' against country. Adnan Menderes, first ever elected prime minister of Turkiye, hanged by junta because of nothing. Even if Morsi found guilty, people will not recognize the decision of kangaroo court which is in control of junta.

These are two requests, legitimate and democratic as it can get. These should not be even debated. If you reject them, that means you have no problem with people dying on streets.
Morsi should be released why, exactly? Once the next elections are held and there is some stability in the country he should face his crimes before a jury. You can't let a criminal back into politics, Egypt might be fucked but it ain't Italy.

--

You seem to have something mixed up here. Every claim is democratic in it's own way, you're free to claim it. Democracy does not entail the link between a claim and it's approval.

Read a book man, just one.

Jul 2, 2006
Morsi should be released why, exactly? Once the next elections are held and there is some stability in the country he should face his crimes before a jury. You can't let a criminal back into politics, Egypt might be fucked but it ain't Italy.
Then your problems will not be solved soon.

Differences between Turkey and Egypt
http://todayszaman.com/columnistDetail_getNewsById.action?newsId=320148

A newspaper that reported on the coup in Egypt by running the headline "Tayyip of Egypt gone," by referring to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, represented the mentality of the opposition.

In Turkey, comparisons between Egypt and Turkey are widespread. These comparisons also nurture the hope that the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) might be overthrown via a coup as was the case with the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) in Egypt. To what extent is such a comparison appropriate? Will Erdoğan and Mohammed Morsi share similar fates in the short term? Is it likely that Turkey's ruling party, which seems impossible to challenge in elections, will be overthrown via a coup?

A structural and actual comparison between the Turkish and Egyptian armies is enough to show that there is no similarity between the two cases. The Egyptian army works like a giant corporation. The Egyptian economy is largely controlled by the army. The army governs the country not only with its weapons, but also with the tools afforded it by this economic power. In the past, the traditions of the Turkish army prevented it from acquiring the tools enjoyed by the Egyptian army. In the wake of the coup of May 27, 1960, the Turkish army established an economic enterprise known as the Turkish Armed Forces Assistance Center (OYAK). This corporation benefitted from major tax exemptions and became one of the prominent holdings in Turkey. Still, the Turkish army never enjoyed the power the Egyptian army acquired by leveraging its economic tools.

The Turkish army has staged four coups since 1960. But the Egyptian army staged its second coup on Wednesday. There is one simple difference. The Egyptian army didn't allow a transition back to democratic life after the coup. The Turkish army returned to its barracks after each coup, with the longest coup regime lasting two years at most. The Egyptian army is a full-fledged Third World army. It acts as an interest group, using its weapons to control political power. The Turkish army, in contrast, has limits coming from its strong traditions. In addition, it is a NATO army. A military dictatorship is not very likely to continue to be a member of the military alliance of democratic countries.

Actually, the differences are more profound. The ruling AK Party gradually eliminated the army's clout over civilian politics. The members of the army which sought to manipulate the government's policies are jailed or on trial. This deterrence is powerful enough to destroy any possibility of a coup. The Egyptian army only handed political power over to Morsi in the face of US pressure. During the last one-and-a-half years, nothing was done to curtail the army's power.

Egypt and Turkey's political atmospheres are radically different as well. If sufficiently longer time had been given, the MB would most likely have been defeated in the next elections. This would help the culture of democracy take root in Egypt. Perhaps, the army saw this risk and stepped in to change the government in order not to lose its power. In the short term in Turkey, it seems impossible to challenge the ruling AK Party in the elections. The opposition parties fail to offer a good alternative to the ruling party. The reasons why criticisms against the ruling party in Turkey tend to go out of democratic boundaries and why certain groups long for a coup are the lack of alternatives and despair.

Turkey and Egypt have largely parallel histories. The first Turkish coup in 1960 was conducted by taking the 1953 Egyptian coup as a model. In our time, Egypt took Turkey as a model for its short-lived democratic experience. It follows that Turkey is a model for democracy, while Egypt is a model for coups. And today, their historic conditions do not resemble each other.

Jul 2, 2006
So all you had to say was 'then your problems will not be solved soon' ?

I am amazed.
Would you prefer cronios-esque posts? Sorry but using this language is still a big handicap to me.

Let me explain you the situation with my limited english.

Go ahead, prison him or even hang him. As Obi Wan said; If you strike him down, he shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
These acts will be cursed by people and used as propaganda by Islamic parties for decades. Rightfully so. In Turkiye 1997, junta overthrew the government which has %21 of votes for no other reason than being too Muslim for their liking. Junta were happy and arrogant. One of them even said 'This process will continue for 1000 years if it's necessary.' It didn't even last 5 years. Now the successor of same politic movement has %50 of votes and junta crying in agony, behind the bars.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
You're still not responding to my actual post. Morsi, apparently, commited a series of crimes. He can't run for election because he has to face a court at some point, to take responsibility if he is guilty. Whatever way the islamists will twist this into their propaganda is irrelevant, you can't run a country by limiting the amount of propaganda that some radical factions will make from it.

Jul 2, 2006
I don't collect lizards but have to admit i loved dinosaurs so much when i was kid.

Davutoğlu says Morsi ouster resembles Turkey’s Feb. 28 coup

6 July 2013 / TODAYSZAMAN.COM, İSTANBUL
Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu has drawn similarities between the military coup that toppled Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi and the Feb. 28, 1997 coup that overthrew a Turkish coalition government led by a now-defunct conservative party.

“The most important thing in Egypt is the issue of legitimacy. With this coup, a political movement and a leader is intended to be declared as illegitimate. So, they are being excluded from the legitimate political sphere all of a sudden. In that sense, it [the coup in Egypt] looks like Feb. 28,” Davutoğlu said on Saturday.

A coalition government led by the Welfare Party (RP), one predecessor of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party), was forced to step down by the military on Feb. 28, 1997. Not only were fatal blows dealt to fundamental rights and freedoms after the coup, but democracy and the rule of law were also suspended. The coup introduced a series of harsh restrictions on religious life, with an unofficial but widely practiced ban on the use of the Islamic headscarf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)