Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (14 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
It seems Super Morsy passed the test. Those who stand against coup threats without stepping back is always end up being stronger than before.

yes by threatening either he stays or he uses violence right?? by the way "super morsy" did not pass shit yet bec its not a COUP for the 100th :) the clock is ticking and in a few hours we will see what happens. for million and millions of Egyptians he is no longer the president. also since you used a rule to prove your point. here is my rule: who ever depends on the United states to approve his legitimacy even if he is faced by the Egyptian population ( including the ultraconservatives) ends up going bye bye.
the examples are known.

Jul 2, 2006
yes by threatening either he stays or he uses violence right?? by the way "super morsy" did not pass shit yet bec its not a COUP for the 100th :) the clock is ticking and in a few hours we will see what happens. for million and millions of Egyptians he is no longer the president. also since you used a rule to prove your point. here is my rule: who ever depends on the United states to approve his legitimacy even if he is faced by the Egyptian population ( including the ultraconservatives) ends up going bye bye.
Those who vote for him were also Egyptian population not the United States as far as i know.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Those who vote for him were also Egyptian population not the United States as far as i know.
true however the same people who voted for this guy who was against a member of mubarak's regime where not Muslim brotherhood, and are now demanding he leaves :) please note if morsy was up against any other candidate he would've lost but bec he was up against the candidate of the previous regime he won since egyptains opted to vote for the other guy. this is with out even considering the brain washing the do to the poor and needy, typical islamist tactics. and finally dont try to convince me turk, that this guy did not come to power with American blessing. note: the amount of promises this moron had to make to the us adminstration and the us ambassador in cairo (even they are against what they believe in mind you or else they r hypocrites) where massive and made public.

- - - Updated - - -

one last thing, he doesnt believe in this either turk, he is sending messages to the united states infact he is openly basing his legitimacy based by american approval and not that egyptains elected him or egyptains dont want him after a year that can only be labeled as an epic FAIL!

see what hsi adviser on foreign affairs does to send the US wrong images to prove they r being unfairly treated when in reality the us know the amounts of people are massive that are against him.

Jul 2, 2006
one last thing, he doesnt believe in this either turk, he is sending messages to the united states infact he is openly basing his legitimacy based by american approval and not that egyptains elected him or egyptains dont want him after a year that can only be labeled as an epic FAIL!

see what hsi adviser on foreign affairs does to send the US wrong images to prove they r being unfairly treated when in reality the us know the amounts of people are massive that are against him.
Protestors too, are following Obama's reactions closely and demanding him to stand with them. so?

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Protestors too, are following Obama's reactions closely and demanding him to stand with them. so?
true, but are using mainly there massive numbers. there is a difference between being in power whilst you r not wanted and the only reason you base yr staying on is the "us approval" which was fiddled with. Obama clearly told him he needs to find a way out of this by some how bringing about early elections which is what egyptains want.

P.S the egyptain constitution states its the egyptain population that determine legitamacey.

he threw this to the wall and instead does'nt care if he stays over our dead bodies. last nights speech was a signal to his gang to attack people, and check out the news and see the weapons they have and the ones they used against civilians!!

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I'm just gonna break down an aspect of Democracy for you peeps real quick especially for the benefit of turk. The validity of a regime is contingent on its adherence to the norms and rules of the society. If a president, oh I dunno, acts like a dictator and passes unconstitutional laws and abuses his powers, the fact that many Egyptians voted for him is null and void. Democracy doesn't mean the majority gets to do whatever the hell they want. It requires institutional structure to govern behavior.

It's ok, ya'll will get there :) X

"We swear by God that we are ready to sacrifice our blood for Egypt and its people against any terrorist, extremist or ignorant,"

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I'm just gonna break down an aspect of Democracy for you peeps real quick especially for the benefit of turk. The validity of a regime is contingent on its adherence to the norms and rules of the society. If a president, oh I dunno, acts like a dictator and passes unconstitutional laws and abuses his powers, the fact that many Egyptians voted for him is null and void. Democracy doesn't mean the majority gets to do whatever the hell they want. It requires institutional structure to govern behavior.

It's ok, ya'll will get there :) X

"We swear by God that we are ready to sacrifice our blood for Egypt and its people against any terrorist, extremist or ignorant,"

grazie for putting it in a better way that is shorter and sweeter than my way :)

isnt that the message the military issued to the people after voices calling for jihad against fellow egyptains? :)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The U.S really, really need to step up the pressure on Morsi if their latest engagements in the middle east and northern africa are not to lose all value.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i agree with every thing except the bolded part. let me tell you that the mistake morsy and co did and hence why he has to leave NOW:

1- the un-constitutional decree
2- simply bec you won elections ( mind you he barely won fred, and lets not forget the old scaf and the threats the mb and islamists issued!! ) does'nt mean you take all specially in a transition period after a revolution
3- COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE!!! in every thing!!
4- last night the presidency released a statement that obama backs up morsy and there fore he is'nt leaving i,e he doesnt give two shits about the MILLIONS IN THE STREET i mean mega millions 18 million is an under statement. turns out obama told him non of tihs shit and they r lairs once again!!
5- violence used against us the people, against the army, against our national security.

bro if he was good, or if he had potential do u think the millions of people you see in cairo's streets would go down against him??? no but he and his muslim brotherhood came to power and focuses on getting revenge.

watch the coming few days, you will be in for surprises fred!! the involvement of morsy in person with attacks on egyptains during the revolution, the muslim brotherhood are no angels and you and me bothknow this. ask the UAE about what the bastards wanted to pull in UAE, or in saudi arabia.

we get called kaffer and the bastard doesnt even say no dont call my people this!!! did you see the 4 shites dragged frrom there house and brutalized in the streets?!?! this is not egypt, at least this is not the country i know. he has to go, once again and every egyptain knows this, we can not exclude them from the political scene however if they fulfil there threats of violence tonight then this my dear fred will be the end of this group and you will see the ripple effect world wide. this organization that put its hands in the nazi's hand infact they have many nazi and fascist thoughts started here and it might end here if they dont use there brain. the MB monster is no longer popular as it once was specially after the rev where they where portrayed as victims of the mubrak era, however now people know why nasser sent them to jail.

NOTE: there are demo's in every single city in egypt not just in cairo. the 18 million ++++++ is just in cairo, check alex, and the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

last night if i didnt know what was going on i would've thought egypt wont he world cup the amount of happiness the people felt my selfincluded with the military ultimatum is epic. the military will not rule and i know they wont bec this military council is very very different and they learnt the lesson. now they r communicating with the youth not the old grand pa's. mind you egyptains dont have a soft spot for the opposition either so its in the youths hand for the first time since the rev kicked off in 2011.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm happy terror used by the muslim brotherhood is'nt working, egyptains are flocking in unprecedented numbers its insane. just now the salfists are calling for him to just leave enough is enough. lying is a religion for the muslim brotherhood. they sent the us adminstration pictures from a winter demo calling it and i quote supporters of morsi :lol: they r FAILURES :lol: if they think egyptains are dumb i'm guessing they think the us admin is dumber :rofl: and yet you think we dont have the right to remove this retard and his gang. the jihadi salafists ( are different from normal salafists) are threatening the army in sinai oooooooooooohhhhhh boy BRING IT ON the police and the army are dying to finish this hive of terror courtesy of morsy's exemptions of prisoners i,e killers who have egyptain blood on there hands.

- - - Updated - - -

the muslim brotherhood are playing there last card and as ABEL predicted they r playing once again on the religion card claiming islam is in danger :lol: shame i swear this is shameful. i mean seriously how do they think this way?? they r thinking egyptains will fall for this, i guess the answer is loud and clear in egypts streets.

So then, hold parliamentary elections, and see if two thirds of the parliament impeaches him; thats what the parliament is for.

But do you really believe a country should function like this? whenever the people don't like a democratically elected president they just go out on the streets and force him out of office. I'm worried about the implications of this and the precedent it sets.

if there's one lesson it's that everything can be politicized, egypt is in its worst state ever, both economically and socially, the civil forces cannot ensure safety or well being of the citizens, in every instance of this kind, both parties will look for army to step in and they will have to take sides.
We all know eventually the army will appoint a military official to take over a "transitional period", this spells nothing but disaster, as the military should never be above civil authority. I'm willing to bet they will take advantage of the current situation and ensure that they rule from behind the scenes from now on.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
So then, hold parliamentary elections, and see if two thirds of the parliament impeaches him; thats what the parliament is for.

But do you really believe a country should function like this? whenever the people don't like a democratically elected president they just go out on the streets and force him out of office. I'm worried about the implications of this and the precedent it sets.

We all know eventually the army will appoint a military official to take over a "transitional period", this spells nothing but disaster, as the military should never be above civil authority. I'm willing to bet they will take advantage of the current situation and ensure that they rule from behind the scenes from now on.

yes you r right, but you tell me would you trust the results of this parliamentary elections? i ask you this bec people here lost trust in morsy on nov 22. the ikwanization that was taking place ever since he came to power. trust was sadly lost, and you know how things work fred you are an arab and you know when things are controlled by one side it ends up being rigged.

as for the military lets wait and see, there is one hour and 30 mins. the army is just to secure the people. if you r watching the events in egypt you will know that baradie, the azhar head, and coptic leader are in a meeting with the military. also the other parties ( including the fjp and nour salafi party)* plus the youth who represent this move ( they r three teens the people chose to represent them) are now meeting with the army officals to set the road map and the army is out of this. if you know baradie like we do you will know that there is no way he would've met with the army if he didnt know they would have nothing to do with ruling the country.

* according to sources in the media the fjp refused to meet. however the other islamic parties, liberal parties etc are meeting though and are setting the road map.

there is movement in the egyptain street as cairo goes into lock down to ensure there is no violence bec we all now know who calls for violence.

* baradie has refused running for presidency or to become a pm.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006

Umm he's essentially committed treason against 'democracy' and re-dictatorised Egypt with his power. Egypt isn't a democracy anymore.

Fuck, if our brothers in Libya elect somebody who then wants to rule by decree, they would rise up once more.

And the US Military/ Defence Industrial Complex essentially rules from the behind the scenes.

Democracy won't change that in Egypt.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
So, what happens if Morsy steps down, a new Ekhwani get elected by the people?
we will find out. the ultimatum is up.

we will see regarding the ikwan bec they practically committed suicide last night, lets just wait. not to mention morsy and 34 other heads are need in crimes committed namely escaping frm prison during the revolution.

the pro morsy demo is diminishing :klin:

tahrir is complete, the palace complete, kobba palace, and now the place were morsy is which is the house of presidental guard.

this is not a military coup its a peoples coup.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I totally get Fred's point... to be in a democracy, you have to learn to live with the fact that your cause lost the popular vote. And you need to let someone else run things for a while until you next can get your act together better.

This is why I think one of the biggest non-acts in American revolutionary history was George Washington stepping down from office for John Adams. That's crucial. Of course, Egyptian democracy under its current form may not get to live that far yet.

The troubling part is that it is still a very nascent democracy. Politicians the world over do bad things, and the system needs checks and balances to correct and/or compensate for abuses. What's not clear to me is if Egypt has those workable mechanisms in place yet. Part of me thinks that some tolerance needs to hold until the next scheduled elections, but part of me also thinks that the system doesn't yet have sufficient controls to address abuses of power.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I totally get Fred's point... to be in a democracy, you have to learn to live with the fact that your cause lost the popular vote. And you need to let someone else run things for a while until you next can get your act together better.

This is why I think one of the biggest non-acts in American revolutionary history was George Washington stepping down from office for John Adams. That's crucial. Of course, Egyptian democracy under its current form may not get to live that far yet.

The troubling part is that it is still a very nascent democracy. Politicians the world over do bad things, and the system needs checks and balances to correct and/or compensate for abuses. What's not clear to me is if Egypt has those workable mechanisms in place yet. Part of me thinks that some tolerance needs to hold until the next scheduled elections, but part of me also thinks that the system doesn't yet have sufficient controls to address abuses of power.

not only are the checks and balances not there but neither is a viable constitution to fall back and establish process on. Had i been an egyptian i would be completely outraged by these calls from outside to adhere to democratic process when every indication is super morsy and his gang are doing everything to infiltrate the system and make it as obtuse to outside influence as they can.

Historically, all spontaneous revolutions are followed by a series of other revolutions, the gauge will go from one extreme to another until it settles on the sweet spot.

- - - Updated - - -

In an Ideal world, they will elect me Pharaoh.
elect? you re daughter of Ra and consort of Ptah

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
not only are the checks and balances not there but neither is a viable constitution to fall back and establish process on. Had i been an egyptian i would be completely outraged by these calls from outside to adhere to democratic process when every indication is super morsy and his gang are doing everything to infiltrate the system and make it as obtuse to outside influence as they can.

Historically, all spontaneous revolutions are followed by a series of other revolutions, the gauge will go from one extreme to another until it settles on the sweet spot.
As always, well stated, A. :tup:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

elect? you re daughter of Ra and consort of Ptah

i'm happy you guys are seeing it the same way i do, specially the main points. :touched: :beer: :D waiting to hear what the road map is now. it will be announced any minute now.
@swag tolerance is def needed, no doubts about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)