Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (22 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
sounds awfully sad my man.

But speaking of undemocratic, the president and the ratification of constitution are both democratically legitimate, so wheres the answer?
indeed its sad, i feel sad for the mothers of these young men and women who lose there life sooooo cheaply and sooo easily under morsi's regime. nothing has changed at all, the same way they belittle people's opinions, the same brutality by the police, the only upgrade now is if you oppose morsi you r an infidel!! in the past you were mossad or cia now your infidel and your blood shed is legit. everything that does not suit them is haraam and they r the furthest people from religion.

on paper yes it might appear legit Deneb, but in reality not so much. i remember the announcement of the presidential results bec i happened to be at aswan international airport and every one was freaked out bec the Muslim brotherhood swore to burn the country in violence if the other candidate won ( the pro previous regime and believe it or not the were close! should ring bells that people are not big fans of the mb, and the only reason the prick won is bec the people who voted for him chose the lesser of two evils) this is regarding the presidency.

as for the constitution, this constitution was written by a majority of islamists Deneb and hence does not reflect the multi cutlure of this country, the egyptain church backed out, the women's rights are border line catastrophic, personal freedoms are controlled and the way this constitution is written deneb, the number of loop holes that play into the regimes hands are numerous. even the prink morsi came out and admitted that the constitution does have faults. this brings me to the poll regarding passing this constitution and i can safely tell you it was rigged in broad day light hell they did a better job than mubarak and this is not my opinion, thats based on the facts released by several human right watch groups both governmental and foriegn.

- - - Updated - - -

Abel did you catch the video of the man stripped naked and literally used to wipe the floor by the police under control of morsi's government?? it was all over cnn. let me tell you they black mailed the guy to the degree he had to come out and say it was the revolutionary youth who did this to him even though it was caught by camera's!! then he retracted that and was kicked out of the police hospital as punishment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
i read about the video, what i was trying to get at, and you know where i stand here, is majority of egyptians do seem to be mislead by these theologians turned politicians. The point really is democracy as we know it in the west does not seem to be a viable solution for Egypt now.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
That's some terrible news.

I'm sorry for your loss Hazem.

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i read about the video, what i was trying to get at, and you know where i stand here, is majority of egyptians do seem to be mislead by these theologians turned politicians. The point really is democracy as we know it in the west does not seem to be a viable solution for Egypt now.
i def agree with you on the bolded part D. if democracy is'nt the solution for egypt at the moment and i def understand your point of view bec i agree that democracy amidst poverty and illiteracy means the party or group with more financial reach even if with a disastrous plan for the future would win the elections and basically that group or party would never put emphasis on changing the reality, i,e the same reality that brought them to power bec if there is education people would not be mis led the same way they are today. 40% are illiterate in egypt and thats a very high rate specially when you consider 50-60% of egyptains live near or under the poverty line. that being said whats the alternative? the military got burned horribly even though there are voices emerging now to bring them back at least until the country really gets on its feet after two years of turmoil. there are calls for re-elections for presidential elections.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
solution is compromise, if indeed the military has a shot at taking control, the beards will have to listen to the street as going back to the past is the worst thing that can happen now.
you know your stuff Deneb!! this is the plan that baradie seems to be trying to achieve although he is now one of the biggest victims of the media machine that now is in the hands of beardies. i need to point out that your point of view is spot on i just want to add there is a power that makes this indeed very possible and i think its a matter of time, its the relationship between the pentagon and the military here. note: just yesterday egypt received another patch of f-16's and this deal needs to be put in perspective, lets not forget egypts main supplier is the US, despite purchases from other parts but the US remains the main ally and if history teaches us sth, mubarack was let go bec the military cared more about this tie with the us, and rather risk mubarak than risk this bond that ties both armed forces.. i'd welcome such a compromise if you ask me, and like you said the worst nightmare for the beardies is the past, you can tell by how they r reacting now. the amount of paranoia and mis-trust is epic and shows they rather die than go back to the jails.

here is a scene to back up your point of view and why i think its very possible. last week there were massive riots in the suez canal cities namely portsaid, suez, and ismaliya and the president after thanking the police ( you should know 50 people where killed in one day innocent citizens) and issuing his commands to send the military to the streets and call for a curfew. note the curfew was never imposed by the military to the degree the soliders the the people striking started a football match and despite a much failed year and a half transition period led by the military council, egyptains have much love for there army and hence why i think this is theory can very much materialize should strikes keep up.

I hate to be a buzzkill Bisco, but I just can't see where Egypt is going to go from here. It's such a fucked up situation.
its not a buzz kill nz, sadly its reality. the problems apart from the ones i discussed with deneb, we have a massive conflict between generations if i may put it this way. the youth on one hand and the parents generation see things differently. here you have the youth who see a model for egypt that best suits them after all its our generation that will take over and i think rightfully so. our parents generations accepted tyranny, and accepted corruption and where always frightened to speak up against it where as this generation was exposed to the world, to several visions of how back wards out country is despite it being a very rich country by its people, and natural resources which are wasted due to poor planning. the idea's you hear from the youth are epic and they have a plan sadly they r not given the chance. you find political groups claiming it as a right to taking a shot to running the country and note all of them are nearing the end of there life and are a step away from being laid in the ground. beardies well what can i say i think they r the cancer in this countries body, and when i say this i dont mean religious people are horrible people no, but political islam is an insult to islam and this is coming from a muslim i simply dont agree with dragging islam into politics bec it simply does not belong in it specially in a game like politics where there are no rules or laws of ethics. we shall see though i have;nt given up but i must confess i've grown depressed of this country and like many people with moderate belief in religion, and dreams of a better future bec seriously this country deserves it. its not bec i'm egyptain, if any thing i've been born and raised out side of egypt and it wasnt for uni i most probably would come here only for summer holidays. people here are generous, yes we have horrible people but like any country you need to se ehow poverty and piss poor education shapes up how people react and interact with others. hopefully the future is bright just not the near future i'm afraid until the dust from this revolution settles. this revolution is not over infact i think its far from over and thats pretty normal it usually takes time for revolutions, specially ones like this to reap its fruits and fulfil its promise.

Jul 1, 2010
This man is a hero :delpiero:

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/05/20/bassem_youssef_interview_egypts_jon_stewart

"His arrest by Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood-aligned prosecutor general ballooned into an international event, as he showed up at the court wearing a massive version of the graduation hat President Mohamed Morsy wore in Pakistan, and tweeted from inside the prosecutor-general's office that he had been arrested solely so the police officers and lawyers could take pictures with him."

:lol2:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
This man is a hero :delpiero:

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/05/20/bassem_youssef_interview_egypts_jon_stewart

"His arrest by Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood-aligned prosecutor general ballooned into an international event, as he showed up at the court wearing a massive version of the graduation hat President Mohamed Morsy wore in Pakistan, and tweeted from inside the prosecutor-general's office that he had been arrested solely so the police officers and lawyers could take pictures with him."

:lol2:
this man is indeed a freaking legend!!! :D the best thing to happen to egypt ever since we carried out the rev.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
He's such a troll :lol:

That hat :rofl:
:D he got some beautiful fatwa's against him thought but he is sooooooooooooo popular you should see the amount of people who went with him to the district attorney bec our sissy president filed a court date bec he hmmm how can i put it elegantly :D he RAPED HIM, HIS GANG, BEARDIES WHO ABUSE RELIGON.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
You mean bring back Hosni Mubarak?
you'd imagine morsy is not mubarak right? think again they r the same just a different sir name and a beard. the second main difference is during mubarak if you r against him you were a traitor with a foriegn agenda, now you r an infidel and an enemy of the religion, or you r a homosexual, or a prostitute, or you r on tramadol or drugs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)