Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (11 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
100% true

Cavani is the new hype now, expect him to vanish in a couple of years time.....
Well, obviously we don't know it is '100% true'.

In Napoli:

Serie A - 65/45
Coppa - 6/4
CL - 8/5
EL - 10/7

Those are amazing figures no matter how you dress it up, and he's hardly just a goalscorer.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Wow, people comparing Cavani's time at Palermo to Amauri's, while conveniently forgetting that Amauri was 27 years old when he left palermo, and Cavani was 23.

People calling him another Amauri is beyond laughable.

---------- Post added 19.04.2012 at 09:27 ----------

In Napoli:

Serie A - 65/45
Coppa - 6/4
CL - 8/5
EL - 10/7

Those are amazing figures no matter how you dress it up, and he's hardly just a goalscorer.
61 goals in 89 games for Napoli.

Yep, he's the new hype, all right.

And he just turned 25 a couple of months ago.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
People always bring up how rubbish he was at Palermo (which isn't true anyway) He was a 20 year old fresh from the Uruguayan League and in his first two seasons played the majority of matches on the wing. His scoring stats in season 08/09 and 09/10 are VERY decent for a 22/23 year old. And then when moving to Napoli he's proven that he is a consistent player with amazing finishing skills in both Serie A and in Europe. I don't know why people here seem to think this guy is Amauri 2.0. Complete and utter nonsense.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
cavani >>>> amauri how can people compare those two
cavani has already played cl and played well in that league. He has passion for football.
Amauri is just a one season wonder and never proofed himself outside italy. and was already 28/29 that year.
While amauri is just a amori ;)
better compare borriello with amauri

May 22, 2007
Wow, people comparing Cavani's time at Palermo to Amauri's, while conveniently forgetting that Amauri was 27 years old when he left palermo, and Cavani was 23.
Amauri was pretty much 28 by that time, and I didn't forget.

The comparisons seem to run out at long haired, ex Palermo, South American striker. Because they differ in playing styles as well.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
61 goals in 89 matches with Napoli equates to a 68.9% goal scoring rate.

How many of you would throw your grandmother down a flight of stairs to see that kind of success rate with any of Juve's current strikers.

And picture him next year in a Juve kit with Pirlo, Marchisio, and Vidal playing behind him.

Let that thought ramble around in your brain for a little while.

---------- Post added 19.04.2012 at 10:00 ----------

Amauri was pretty much 28 by that time, and I didn't forget.

The comparisons seem to run out at long haired, ex Palermo, South American striker. Because they differ in playing styles as well.
i wasn't making that implication in reference to you.

If you feel that I was, then I apologize

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Why are we comparing Cavani to Amauri again?

I don't see Cavani do overhead clapping like Amauri, mainly because he doesn't waste 1/8 as much chances.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
To those who are claiming that Cavani is all hype, who would you prefer to be the primary target for a prima punta?
:D

---------- Post added 19.04.2012 at 10:14 ----------

And picture him next year in a Juve kit with Pirlo, Marchisio, and Vidal playing behind him.

Let that thought ramble around in your brain for a little while.

What if Pepe is next to him? :scared:

I agree with the thought of those 3 behind him, but I piss my pants with he, those three behind, Mirko on the left and Robben on the right of him.

And for that, my last remaining grandmother will tumble. God love her.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008

In Napoli:

Serie A - 65/45
Coppa - 6/4
CL - 8/5
EL - 10/7

Already knew about his stats with Napoli and I've said before he has a pretty amazing couple of seasons there. Will he do it again with us (if he comes here) ? Personally I doubt it.

By the way his stats with Palermo were 109 games / 34 goals.

This is the kind of quote that should be kept in a signature for the next 5 years or so.
Do it :D

To those who are claiming that Cavani is all hype, who would you prefer to be the primary target for a prima punta?
I prefer to give a chance to Matri and Quag next season. If we really want to improve next season then we should do something about both Pepe and Vucinic.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Already knew about his stats with Napoli and I've said before he has a pretty amazing couple of seasons there. Will he do it again with us (if he comes here) ? Personally I doubt it.

By the way his stats with Palermo were 109 games / 34 goals.
Dude, he played wider right for Palermo, in the RWF or RF position, plus he was 20-23 years old at Palermo. I don't think 13 and 14 goals is bad for a 22-23 year old in Serie A, do you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)