Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (19 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3,404
    Yeah I know...I don't see us getting some better. Either him or Burdisso (which I somehow doubt but hey...). Roma is going after Lugano and Inter hesitates to sell him to Roma so Romanisti are waiting for his contract to expire it seems (next season). We might interfere if we fail with Barzagli.

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
    Wait, he only has had 2 really good seasons, I'm not saying he won't keep it up, but unless he begins doing Cronaldo type of numbers he won't be worth too much more next season.

Besides, look at his first season in Wolfsburg, he only scored 9 times in 33 games, so there's an adaptation process going on. It's no guarantee that he'll arrive and score 30+ goals, and getting rid of Diego would only make that more difficult to achieve.
    Athleast I'm not the only one who's thinking this way.....:mark:

You know, Juve spend to much money these years without even thinking. Melo 25 million, I mean come on. Poulsen almost 10 million. We have to be careful with what we have now. Save the money for the positions we really need!

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
    15 mln E + Barzagli = Diego ?????? LOL

If i would be marota i would ask them for : Dzeko+15 mln E = Diego

Fuck u woslburg , keep Dzeko , we want Diego+Krasic+CBsub+LB(Hope will be star)

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
    Sky:-

Wolfsburg offered 18 Million for Diego, Juventus said we want Dzeko included in any Diego deal they said no. End of.

We still speak about Bastos,Krasic and Elia. Potentially a Melo/D'Agostino Saga again?:p
    Wolfsburg have some balls on them, offering no Dzeko and trying to buy Diego for only 18m.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Wait, he only has had 2 really good seasons, I'm not saying he won't keep it up, but unless he begins doing Cronaldo type of numbers he won't be worth too much more next season.

Besides, look at his first season in Wolfsburg, he only scored 9 times in 33 games, so there's an adaptation process going on. It's no guarantee that he'll arrive and score 30+ goals, and getting rid of Diego would only make that more difficult to achieve.
    He was 21 in his first season in Wolfsburg. Can't it simply mean that he's becoming better and better as he's approaching the best football years?

He's not 28 to say that he only had 2 good seasons. He turned 24 few months ago and he has 2 great seasons behind him.
    It's like someone saying in 2009 that two seasons before that Messi scored only 8 goals and he only had 2 good seasons in his career.

Do you people listen to yourselves?

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
    May 16, 2010
    I don't think this supposed offer ever happened. All statements ever released have been in the vein of "no concrete proposals were made."
    I'll call that a bluff, eventhough I can't prove it to you. But an intresting thing I noticed reading on one of todays' articles (can't remember where) was that this was our 17th meeting with Wolfsburg.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
    May 16, 2010
    I guess Wolfsburg should just send us Dzeko for free. :lol:

Ridiculous stuff on this forum.
    I know you're joking, but still no one said They should give us Dzeko for free.

Here's an example, look at Poulsen and Tiago's sotuation.
    It's been close to two months that Atleti are beching about this deal, they got the initial 8mil fee down to 5.5 mil and they still ask us to share his wages with them!

Now, look at liverpool. They knew we were desperate to sell players and Poulsen is on high wages and is 30years of age , but they didn't use that as their advantage. Instead they offered us something which considered both sides and it was beneficial for both parties. I call that prestige and class and doing a right business.

Here in Dzeko's case, I don't say (neither does anyone I suppose) Wolfe must give Dzeko to us ,but I don't consider our offer cheap or just one-way deal. Fair enough they want to hold on to the guy.
    Right after this they come and offer that ridiculous under-valued figure for Diego as they think we are just desprate and they can make some profit out of here.

Be honest, what do you call this, isn't that an insult to you?

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
    He was 21 in his first season in Wolfsburg. Can't it simply mean that he's becoming better and better as he's approaching the best football years?

He's not 28 to say that he only had 2 good seasons. He turned 24 few months ago and he has 2 great seasons behind him.
    It's like someone saying in 2009 that two seasons before that Messi scored only 8 goals and he only had 2 good seasons in his career.

I didn't mean to say that he's unproven, I was responding to the ones that say he'll be even more expensive next year. I was looking at the numbers and thought they were interesting, there's the definite possibility of an adaptation (or flop like the BS newspapers love to say) year for him.

Looking at the charts unless he scores 40+ goals next year, I don't think his price will be much higher than it already is. Hell, Wolfsburg already want more than $40 million euro, it can't get much higher than that for the type of player he is.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I didn't mean to say that he's unproven, I was responding to the ones that say he'll be even more expensive next year. I was looking at the numbers and thought they were interesting, there's the definite possibility of an adaptation (or flop like the BS newspapers love to say) year for him. Looking at the charts unless he scores 40+ goals next year, I don't think his price will be much higher than it already is. Hell, Wolfsburg already want more than $40 million euro, it can't get much higher than that for the type of player he is.
    Well, yes. He won't play in Europe and in order to make his price higher he will have to seriously rule Bundesliga with some 30 goals.

But also, it will depend on the demand. If 2-3 big clubs need a starting XI striker and Dzeko has a good year, the demand and the bidding wars will make his price higher than it is right now.

I said previously how I don't think that Wolfsburg are keeping him in order to earn more next year. I really believe that Wolfsburg are actually trying to become a big club and selling Dzeko right now will definitely make them a one season wonder and put them back in mediocrity.

Btw, Barzagli is getting 3m eur wages in Wolfsburg and I read that he's not the highest paid player. That means that Wolfsburg are financially very solid if they can pay such wages (taxes in Germany are apparently higher than in Italy). They are not a team that needs money. That's complicating our attempts to buy Dzeko.

And if the 18m eur for Diego is correct, then they really have big ambitions.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009

This conversation reminds me of a certain Alberto Gilardino who moved to Milan (aged 23) after "2 good seasons". Granted, those were Serie A seasons...meanwhile Dzeko seems a better all-around player.

I'll call that a bluff, eventhough I can't prove it to you. But an intresting thing I noticed reading on one of todays' articles (can't remember where) was that this was our 17th meeting with Wolfsburg.
    17th? I hope that was a typo, laf. No way we've met them 17 times.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    And folks wonder why fans of big clubs are always made fun of...
    Heh, they reject our 33mil+bonus for Dzeko, only to come here and offer us
    15mil + Barza for Diego! suuuuuuuuure.

If I were Marrota, I would have thrown my cigaret into Hoeness' face right after I heard his offer.
    15 mln E + Barzagli = Diego ?????? LOL

If i would be marota i would ask them for : Dzeko+15 mln E = Diego

Fuck u woslburg , keep Dzeko , we want Diego+Krasic+CBsub+LB(Hope will be star)
    I guess Wolfsburg should just send us Dzeko for free. :lol:

Ridiculous stuff on this forum.
    I don't know what you are talking about.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005

No Alen, they bandwagon...they have no idea what they are saying nor do they put any thought behind it as well. In less time (and by time I mean years) he has already scored more goals than Trezeguet did at Monaco...actually he scored more in less games. That alone speaks for itself. Not to mention Wolfsburg aren't as big in Germany (well recently not so much) as Monaco have been in France along with Lyon, etc. Germany is a more stubborn league to play in and to score that many goals with a mid to mid high table team in the Bundesliga (now the third best in Europe) is nothing to ignore.

I think someone that uses numbers often as an argument will find that absolutely stunning. Now, you probably know better, I am not sure exactly how old Trez was during this time. Dzeko is still improving and put him in a team fighting for top 2 and not some mid-table team trying to break the glass roof I am sure we will see magic.
    Well, yes. He won't play in Europe and in order to make his price higher he will have to seriously rule Bundesliga with some 30 goals.

But also, it will depend on the demand. If 2-3 big clubs need a starting XI striker and Dzeko has a good year, the demand and the bidding wars will make his price higher than it is right now.

I said previously how I don't think that Wolfsburg are keeping him in order to earn more next year. I really believe that Wolfsburg are actually trying to become a big club and selling Dzeko right now will definitely make them a one season wonder and put them back in mediocrity.

Btw, Barzagli is getting 3m eur wages in Wolfsburg and I read that he's not the highest paid player. That means that Wolfsburg are financially very solid if they can pay such wages (taxes in Germany are apparently higher than in Italy). They are not a team that needs money. That's complicating our attempts to buy Dzeko.

And if the 18m eur for Diego is correct, then they really have big ambitions.
    I love you Alen. For all the amateurs out here saying that "Juventus won't be bullied because we are JUVENTUS" need to shut up. Wolfsburg, like Juve, are owned by one of the biggest auto manufacturers in the world. Money, though not from on oil Sheik next door to Ahmed, but none the less they are metaphorically speaking in the green and have no reason to but pushed by any other club with money.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
    May 16, 2010
    Well, when this so called wealthy Wolfsburg side considers your over-value offers nothing for their player, you would expect them to act in the same level of manners and class when they are after other teams assets.
    I don't know what makes them so special in some people eyes.

I'm glad they got rejected. Poor Hoeness though we are Real Madrid and was dreaming he could pull off a Sneijder-Robben kind of a deal.
    Nice try whoreness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)