Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (9 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I have no strong opinions on this transfer but I would like to remind everyone that Pippo Inzaghi was 34 when he scored two goals in a CL final.
How many CL finals, semi-finals or even QF's appearances and goals did he have under his belt before that happened though?

- - - Updated - - -

Only one word necessary to describe it - PEDIGREE.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
I disagree about the finances, but I’ve accepted the situation and hopefully he signs asap as we need him. Same for Kean.

Ronaldo/Costa - Dzeko/Kean
Kulusevski/Dybala

Or

Ronaldo/Costa - Dzeko/Kean - Kulusevski/Dybala​

Seems balanced to me. Enough players for rotation or to have some options if there are injuries.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I disagree about the finances, but I’ve accepted the situation and hopefully he signs asap as we need him. Same for Kean.

Ronaldo/Costa - Dzeko/Kean
Kulusevski/Dybala

Or

Ronaldo/Costa - Dzeko/Kean - Kulusevski/Dybala​

Seems balanced to me. Enough players for rotation or to have some options if there are injuries.
I think i'm just about the same with my opinion regarding all of this, just want it to be over with and see how it pans out.

However is funny to see how some would dig for almost anything that could turn out to be somewhat of a relevant fact that might justify this idea of a 34yo Dzeko playing the main CF/ST role for Juventus in 2020, i mean yeah ok, let's give the guy a shot because i do like to believe the management and Pirlo must know something we don't that actually makes this deal far more of a good market opportunity then we might think, it's also a chance to improve the squad while obviously being on a limited budget, even if the improvement will be only temporarely i think it might just be worth the risk afterall, but again, really think there's no need for anyone to try and push it across through almost delusional arguments/comparisons IMO.

Jun 16, 2020
I think i'm just about the same with my opinion about all of this, just want it to be over with and see how it pans out.

However is funny to see how some would dig for almost anything that could turn out to be somewhat of a relevant fact that might justify this idea of a 34yo Dzeko playing the main CF/ST role for Juventus in 2020, i mean yeah ok, let's give the guy a shot because i do like to believe the management and Pirlo must know something we don't that actually makes this deal far more of a good market opportunity then we might think, it's also a chance to improve the squad while obviously being on a limited budget, even if the improvement will be only temporarely i think it might just be worth the risk afterall, but again, really think there's no need for anyone to try and push it through almost delusional arguments/comparisons IMO.
And adding Kean would make things less desperate. If Dzeko runs out of form we at least have a ‘proven’ young striker from our own primavera.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well Milik and Napoli should be able to sort it out before week 2.
Meanwhile Pirlo said Suarez late of getting his passport means no Suarez.
So now what is left is to work on getting rid of Khedira so we can get a good midfielder..

- - - Updated - - -

Calciomercato has a gem: Ronaldo might not approve Dzeko who has qualities but not a top forward but might be happy with a champion like Suarez (This is how they wrote it - definitely not my opinion)...

First of all the decision is Juve`s and not Ronaldo...
Second - They make it sound like Suarez is miles ahead of Dzeko - I would say they are pretty even. I expect Suarez to provide more individual with Dzeko more of a team game. Also Dzeko seems to be in better shape than the chubby vampire..

Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
It's almost as if tabloid journos have the only objective to spam as many controversal rumours per day as they can in order to maximize their soyial media clicks
Not familiar with Euro SPORTS media but appears the equal to the US POLITICAL media. They just throw crap against the wall and sees what sticks. And to let let everyone know I was taught well to know where to put my crap.

1600534269370.png

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
This is a nightmare. From the excitement of having one of the best strikers alive join the team to getting this washed up never-was.

Thats like thinking you are getting 32 year old Pirlo in 2011 and ending up with 33 year old Stankovic :confused:... heck at least Stankovic was an experienced winner. I'd have rather kept Higuain or took Jovic on loan to be honest.

We missed out on Bale, Suarez, Cavani, Thiago, James on the cheap/free and will sign this Giraffe instead :(. Terrible mercato thus far.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
God what a bunch of fucking farmers crapoli are
Either that or far better negotiators than us.

considering they were supposed to have the weak hand (a player running down an expired contract) how interesting that they now have their rivals bent over a barrel with no strikers to play. All because Napoli acted early and strengthened their hand

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not familiar with Euro SPORTS media but appears the equal to the US POLITICAL media. They just throw crap against the wall and sees what sticks. And to let let everyone know I was taught well to know where to put my crap.

1600534269370.png
It didn't used to be that way across the board. There was always the tabloid rubbish that you should always take with a pinch of salt, then you had more reputable newspapers and websites. Now most people use these social media "gurus". Then it became a competition for clicks and likes, so now even the world of football transfer rumours has fell into the world of misinformation and clickbait.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Either that or far better negotiators than us.

considering they were supposed to have the weak hand (a player running down an expired contract) how interesting that they now have their rivals bent over a barrel with no strikers to play. All because Napoli acted early and strengthened their hand
So what do we do? splash money we don't have on a striker and neglect other positions yet again?

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
there are also suggestions in the Gazzetta that the medical highlighted some issues with Milik’s knees, having snapped the ACL in both legs.

Il Tempo reporter Alessandro Austini maintains Roma therefore asked for a €5m discount on the deal, due to the medical and the damages caused by the delays to this transfer.
If true, looks like Milik to Roma will have further complication.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)