Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (21 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Why should we need CL money to afford him? Not saying the money isn't vital but last time I checked, Dzeko was getting financed by Mister Agnelli.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We were quite prepared to last summer with the EL as our continental competition. Now, our prospects for the CL are quite decent and we'll be due for a financial boost with the stadium and all.

I wouldn't rule it out at all.
They made a choice between him and Krasic. They chose Krasic who cost considerably less than what Dzeko would have and they made other signings. So what they were reportedly prepared to spend on Dzeko went elsewhere.

We are nowhere near safe in terms of CL qualification. And it will take a while before the stadium becomes a substantial source of income.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think it's not likely at all.

It wouldn't make sense to sell him mid-season and have him distracted for the rest of the season, especially when he is in such form and is their most important player. If he's gonna stay there now, they'll wait 'til the end of the season.

Juve have not secured a CL spot and would not want to make such an investment at this stage.
The Trini talks sense here.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Reports last summers that said that Agnelli was going to finance a player who he thought was worthy for this special funding.
I'd seriously doubt that'll happen if we won't at least finish in a Champions League spot this season. I don't see us spending €30M+ on one single player that way.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
They made a choice between him and Krasic.
More so it was the FIGC and Wolfsburg, to a lesser degree, that made the decision for us. The latter were trying to extort everyone who came in for him and the former, well, they're idiots who think this band-aid solution will solve anything for the Italian NT.

They chose Krasic who cost considerably less than what Dzeko would have and they made other signings. So what they were reportedly prepared to spend on Dzeko went elsewhere.
Actually, by all accounts, if it weren't for said EU rule change we would have gone after both (regardless of Wolfsburg's valuation). That's from an interview with Marotta or some other director I can't be bothered to look up. I think our financial situation isn't as dire as some would lead us to believe and would have allowed for a one-off splurge like Dzeko last summer.

We are nowhere near safe in terms of CL qualification. And it will take a while before the stadium becomes a substantial source of income.
We're a good bet for the CL, I'd say.

With the pre-sold corporate boxes and VIP seats (as well as predicted commercial space profits) we'll be making money from the get go.

Aug 2, 2005
I have a question
I read somewhere that when Serbia is joining EU on 1-1-2011, and I don't know if any of these news are true

when they join, Krasic is no longer non-EU, so juve can sign Dezko in January

is this true?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)