Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (71 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Haters.

I'm going to work now. Hate on brothers, hate on. I will be back.

This is Cameron James Husty, and I approve this message:

Dzeko:tuttosport:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

If we get Benzema his wages will be outrageous and over time he would cost us as much as Dzeko's fee with his wages/fee combined I would think. No?
Are you aware that Dzeko earns at Wolfsburg around 4.5m a year, right? And as probably the hottest striker on the market currently, with suitors like Real, Man City, Juventus, etc. he will not be modest with his wage demands. Dzeko will demand a contract worth anything between 5-7m, if not more, wherever he goes. And for that same money, Benzema will sign for us 100%, as he's an out-of form striker, who was overpaid in the first place by Real and who can not make the same demands as he did while he was a hot commodity from Lyon.

So I really don't get this logic Benzema's wages will kill us, when in fact Dzeko will earn just as much, if not more than Benz.

Bottom line is the transfer fee here. I doubt anyone here would chose Benz ahead of Dzeko if they cost the same. But Dzeko's value rises with each day and Benzema's has already gone down during the past 1.5 year. If the rumors are true and Benzema is available for around 25m, whereas Dzeko will cost at least 35m, it's not so crazy to prefer Benzema. It actually makes a lot of sense.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Don't forget the second most important factor there, the open Non-EU spot if we get Benzema instead of Dzeko.

Now if that had to happen, who would you use the Non-EU spot on?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Don't forget the second most important factor there, the open Non-EU spot if we get Benzema instead of Dzeko.

Now if that had to happen, who would you use the Non-EU spot on?
I don't know man. I don't think about that non-EU spot much. If a player is good, like Dzeko, who gives a shit about some non-EU spot. Personally, I'm thrilled about that Benzema on loan in January, with an option to buy for 25m and Suarez for 15m + Grygera. That's two fantastic players for the value of one Edin Dzeko. But it sounds too good to be true, and that's usually how it is.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know man. I don't think about that non-EU spot much. If a player is good, like Dzeko, who gives a shit about some non-EU spot.
Saved me from a longer reply :D

The non-EU spot becomes important only if we have at least 2 non-EU players that we're considering to buy. If we don't, then there is no use to think about Dzeko taking our non-EU spot.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Are you aware that Dzeko earns at Wolfsburg around 4.5m a year, right? And as probably the hottest striker on the market currently, with suitors like Real, Man City, Juventus, etc. he will not be modest with his wage demands. Dzeko will demand a contract worth anything between 5-7m, if not more, wherever he goes. And for that same money, Benzema will sign for us 100%, as he's an out-of form striker, who was overpaid in the first place by Real and who can not make the same demands as he did while he was a hot commodity from Lyon.

So I really don't get this logic Benzema's wages will kill us, when in fact Dzeko will earn just as much, if not more than Benz.

Bottom line is the transfer fee here. I doubt anyone here would chose Benz ahead of Dzeko if they cost the same. But Dzeko's value rises with each day and Benzema's has already gone down during the past 1.5 year. If the rumors are true and Benzema is available for around 25m, whereas Dzeko will cost at least 35m, it's not so crazy to prefer Benzema. It actually makes a lot of sense.
Very good post here. :tup:

+rep for V

Apr 29, 2006
Yes, but Benzema is making 215 000 euros per week, which if my math is not wrong is about 10+ mils a year. Now it will be a huge deduction, even more so, considering the fact that taxes are low at spain compared to anywhere else worth going for him.

Benzema will have to take a pay deduction in the whereabouts of 70%-75%, if what you are saying is true. "-Somebody shoot my agent, please?"

I think they will ask for the same salaries. Maybe the signing fees will be quite different, considering one has a squad player status and the other one is a captain...

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Regardless, I'd rather be handing the big wage to someone who's coming in from a successful spell of years elsewhere, and not the one who's "looking to revive his career" and/or "couldn't make it at another club". Just seems safer.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Very good post here. :tup:

+rep for V
yep.

Difference between dzeko and benz is one is the hottest property going around, and the other a player who has been benched and isnt liked by the coach for a starting role.

while all the others will be looking at dzeko, would be smart to get into benz ear and praise and beg for his services because he'll welcome the attention and he knows he is a guaranteed starter for juve.

wages may be a concern, but if the likes of amauri leaves and del perio retires, we do free up a fair bit.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

But there is an extreme amount of value for our dollar when we pay for Dzeko. Its backed with excellent consistent performances and he would fit in our team just about better then any other striker out there. But a figure of around 10m euro means that's not worth it?

P.s people bitch and moan about how Dzeko is only proven in Bundesliga. Benz is pretty much only proven in Ligue 1 and when he did move to a more difficult league he flopped hard albeit easy to do so at Real Madrid. Whether he's just a good striker out of form or not, he's still a risk at 25m.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)