Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (81 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The reason you guys don't want Dzeko is because his wages are too high? We're fucking Juventus, not some provincial club in Bulgaria. Who cares about what he's getting paid, it's not coming out of our pockets. Would you guys be bitching if we got someone like Messi or Ronaldo because he commands a lot of money? We can't return to being one of the greatest clubs in the world with that kind of thinking.

Would I rather have Suarez and Benzema instead of one Dzeko? Of course I would. Would I give a hoot about what they get paid? Not at all.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The reason you guys don't want Dzeko is because his wages are too high? We're fucking Juventus, not some provincial club in Bulgaria. Who cares about what he's getting paid, it's not coming out of our pockets.
That's like saying this:

The reason you guys don't want to print money is because we are broke? We're fucking USA, not some provincial country like Bulgaria. Who cares about what the government spends, it's not coming out of our pockets.
:wth:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The reason you guys don't want Dzeko is because his wages are too high? We're fucking Juventus, not some provincial club in Bulgaria. Who cares about what he's getting paid, it's not coming out of our pockets. Would you guys be bitching if we got someone like Messi or Ronaldo because he commands a lot of money? We can't return to being one of the greatest clubs in the world with that kind of thinking.

Would I rather have Suarez and Benzema instead of one Dzeko? Of course I would. Would I give a hoot about what they get paid? Not at all.
:sergio:

We are on a budget, mang. We can't just divert 30 million annually to two players or we won't have enough to cover the squad.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Gotta spend money to make money guys. You of all people should know this Bjerknes. And I do not think it's like saying that...

I think we'd manage, especially now that we'll get the new stadium and are in better financial standing than all the other clubs in Serie A (I think).

Although Serie A descending to the level it has, has certainly affected us. Still feels like we should be striving for excellency.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about the financial situation so I'll take your word for it /all$41]-)9yt)>. :p

Ok, let's do that man, I'll pitch in 2.38 billion. I might have some more by the end of the weekend but for now that's all I've got.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

the main difference is that ronaldo and messi are the best players in the world and they guarantee titles and their name brings shirt sales and sponsorship deals. benzema is no where near being the best and dzeko is mighty in bundesliga

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
neymar, suarez, srna, kolarov, ivanovic
Neymar & Suarez interest me a lot, Suarez being a more realistic target.

I don't know man. I don't think about that non-EU spot much. If a player is good, like Dzeko, who gives a shit about some non-EU spot. Personally, I'm thrilled about that Benzema on loan in January, with an option to buy for 25m and Suarez for 15m + Grygera. That's two fantastic players for the value of one Edin Dzeko. But it sounds too good to be true, and that's usually how it is.
Dude that deal wasn't a confirmed deal, i just suggested it in the wishlist thread.:D

Regardless, I'd rather be handing the big wage to someone who's coming in from a successful spell of years elsewhere, and not the one who's "looking to revive his career" and/or "couldn't make it at another club". Just seems safer.
But there is an extreme amount of value for our dollar when we pay for Dzeko. Its backed with excellent consistent performances and he would fit in our team just about better then any other striker out there. But a figure of around 10m euro means that's not worth it?

P.s people bitch and moan about how Dzeko is only proven in Bundesliga. Benz is pretty much only proven in Ligue 1 and when he did move to a more difficult league he flopped hard albeit easy to do so at Real Madrid. Whether he's just a good striker out of form or not, he's still a risk at 25m.
That's not a great way to assess whether a player will be a success or not, remember Diego? He came off a stellar season with Werder & that didn't work out well, albeit for various factors. There are many examples i could make so lets avoid using that as a point.If we shouldn't sign players that are off form, why did we sign Aquilani? Weird how he proved his doubters wrong so far. Benzema is the safer option imo because it's a loan. If it doesn't work out, thanks for coming & goodbye.If we buy Dzeko & he flops, that's 40m down the drain.

Dzeko's scoring ratio was poor prior to joining Wolfsburg, check his stats if you don't believe me.Benzema too had poor stats before his last two seasons for Lyon but bare in mind he had major competition to contend with. Lyon were the unstoppable force back then & Benzema had to contend with a bench role.The same could be said for his international record. The man had to deal with Domenech & compete for a starting spot with strikers like Anelka, Henry etc, now compare that to Dzeko. The man has a guaranteed starting spot for Bosnia.

Let me remind you lot that Dzeko hasn't been scoring 30+ goals every season, it's only been two seasons in a row, so id on't know where this whole thing about him scoring consistently every season.

It boils down to money. Dzeko would cost 35/40m, Benzema would set us back 20/25m, now that would leave us with extra money to spend on our defense that needs extra attention.It's not like there's a HUGE gap in quality between the two strikers, please, it's not like Benzema hasn't got an eye for goal.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
That's not a great way to assess whether a player will be a success or not, remember Diego? He came off a stellar season with Werder & that didn't work out well, albeit for various factors. There are many examples i could make so lets avoid using that as a point.If we shouldn't sign players that are off form, why did we sign Aquilani? Weird how he proved his doubters wrong so far. Benzema is the safer option imo because it's a loan. If it doesn't work out, thanks for coming & goodbye.If we buy Dzeko & he flops, that's 40m down the drain.

Dzeko's scoring ratio was poor prior to joining Wolfsburg, check his stats if you don't believe me.Benzema too had poor stats before his last two seasons for Lyon but bare in mind he had major competition to contend with. Lyon were the unstoppable force back then & Benzema had to contend with a bench role.The same could be said for his international record. The man had to deal with Domenech & compete for a starting spot with strikers like Anelka, Henry etc, now compare that to Dzeko. The man has a guaranteed starting spot for Bosnia.

Let me remind you lot that Dzeko hasn't been scoring 30+ goals every season, it's only been two seasons in a row, so id on't know where this whole thing about him scoring consistently every season.

It boils down to money. Dzeko would cost 35/40m, Benzema would set us back 20/25m, now that would leave us with extra money to spend on our defense that needs extra attention.It's not like there's a HUGE gap in quality between the two strikers, please, it's not like Benzema hasn't got an eye for goal.
Was about to write almost exactly the same post.

Saved me the effort :beer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)