Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (60 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mondo1

May 14, 2006

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Wolfsburg attacker Edin Dzeko has offered his apologies for his behaviour after the Bundesliga match between the Wolfe and Werder Bremen at the weekend.

The Bosnia-Herzegovina star missed a spot-kick in the 77th minute of Saturday's match and was replaced shortly after, much to his own dismay. Dzeko refused to shake hands with head coach Steve McClaren after his substitution, leading to speculations that the two were having problems.

"I've already explained before that I was really disappointed. However, I should have behaved different. What happened has absolutely nothing to do with the coach. We have an excellent relationship," Dzeko was quoted as saying on the club's official website.

"I was just upset with my own performance and with the fact that I had missed a spot kick. I'm very sorry that some people have gotten the impression that I have a problem with the coach.

"The coach and I have talked about the situation and everything's ok. I've decided to offer €5,000 to charity as an apology for my behaviour."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)