Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (9 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 4, 2004
We should keep playing a 4-3-3/4-4-2 formation with Marchisio Melo Aquilani midfield.

That way we can attack in a 4-3-3 with Krasic going way up rightside.
And a Cassano on the left side near Dzeko would kick ass bigtime!..

BUT, we freaking need 2 fullbacks first!

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Of course it is Cassano is 28 close to 29 yet most teams around Europe would take him. It's about ability not age.
:shifty: says who ? Am pretty sure not many "top" clubs in Europe would go for him specially not for his tag price (which is probably around 20 millions) add to that the age factor.

He already failed in Madrid, barca don't need him. Chelsea, united, arsenal and perhaps City all don't really need him. Inter have enough attackers, milan have Robinho plus Ibra.

That leaves only Juve as a potential target for Cassano and perhaps the only top club in Europe that would consider buying him.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Storari/Buffon
Van Der Wiel - Bonucci - Chiellini - Zeigler
Krasic - Melo - Aquilani - Marchi/Giovinco
Dzeko - Cassano/Quag​

How nice would that be. :cry:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
If the opinions of Brazzo and Diego are what helps Dzeko decide a move to Turin, I'm not very confident. One is being frozen out of the first team, and the other was pretty bitter when commenting on his exit.

Apr 19, 2007
Diego probably knows that there is a stipulation in his deal for dzeko. I doubt we gave them that deal without a first choice on Dzeko clause or some form of agreement. Sounds pretty spot on that we give them Diego and at a good price and have a clause about a player we have been oppen about wanting to sign.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And if the rumours are to be believed as well, we might be selling them Sissoko (quite possibly in the January transfer window)...so surely we'd get a first option on Dzeko after doing these deals with them?

The prospect of having him at Juventus really excites me. Fuck I hope it happens.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Diego probably knows that there is a stipulation in his deal for dzeko. I doubt we gave them that deal without a first choice on Dzeko clause or some form of agreement. Sounds pretty spot on that we give them Diego and at a good price and have a clause about a player we have been oppen about wanting to sign.
Dzeko is already convinced and dying to come.

Negotiations with Wolfsburg are the problem.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
And if the rumours are to be believed as well, we might be selling them Sissoko (quite possibly in the January transfer window)...so surely we'd get a first option on Dzeko after doing these deals with them?

The prospect of having him at Juventus really excites me. Fuck I hope it happens.
screw Marotta in the ass if we already do not have the first option...we gave them Diego!

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
We can still afford defenders with sales etc, especially considering we spread the payments over 3 years anyway.
There's a flipside to that coin, you know.

Next season we will still be paying for Diego's purchase. Same for Melo & (some?) of the guys who arrived this season.

Basically, spreading out the payments over 3 years changes nothing to your transfer budget, especially since this is something we have been doing for many years.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
But that doesn't change anything, does it?

We usually spread our payments over 3 years anyway.
Next year we still need to pay Melo (>8 million €, I believe), Storari (1,5m €), Diego (5m €), Bonucci (5m €), ...

That money has got to come from somewhere.

For argument's sake, let's say we have a budget of 50m€, buy Dzeko for 30m & pay 1/3 immediately.

Going by what you posted earlier, that would mean 50m - 10m = 40m left.
But that is not correct, since it actually is 50m - 10m - 8m - 1,5m - 5m - 5m - ...

Unless of course we set a budget aside for "new" transfers & we still have funds left over from the past to complete the previous ones. Which is doubtful. At most we will have accrued those costs, rather than actually setting something aside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)