Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (61 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 5, 2007
Juventus Will Not Go Mad For Wolfsburg Striker Edin Dzeko; Deal For CSKA Moscow's Milos Krasic Still Simmering.

Marotta underlines Dzeko plan, Krasic may arrive if deal for striker fails...
By Salvatore Landolina

Juventus director Giuseppe Marotta revealed the club will not go berserk for Wolfsburg ace Edin Dzeko.

Sky Sport Italia were reporting late on Monday night that Marotta was set to fly to Germany and stage talks with Dieter Hoeness for the Bosnian. The Italian didn't travel, but spoke to the Germans, who made it clear they are not interested in part-exchange deals - the idea was Diego and cash for Dzeko.

Wolfsburg are holding out for a cash deal, knowing Juventus and Manchester City are moving with alacrity.

But Marotta has said the Old Lady is not prepared to break the bank and plunge the club into the red.

"Dzeko is one of the best strikers in the world and clearly he is one of our objectives," he told Tuttosport.

"But we have to keep in line with club policies on spending and we are not in the Champions League, so we have to watch our accounts.

"I spoke with Hoeness, but I cannot reveal everything. In today's market there aren't many clubs that can allow themselves to go crazy.

"We will be rational with Dzeko."

And should the Dzeko deal collapse, Il Corriere dello Sport claims Juventus will reignite the bundle of kindling for CSKA Moscow star Milos Krasic.

Juve's non-EU quota slot would not be taken up if Dzeko joins Manchester City, leaving the door open for Krasic.

City appear to have given up on the Serbian winger after landing David Silva from Valencia, meaning Juventus can close a deal for around €15 million, despite the Russians wanting €18m

according to goal.shit

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
i hope its true,if its upto me i will not buy any strikers we had enough,juve have to invest in middle and defence.
I totally disagree I think Dzeko is the signing Juve need. None of Juve's current strikers are either consistent enough to start the majority of the season or good enough to score like a pure striker. Krasic is nice and would welcome the risk to Juve with open arms but if this team goes with Dzeko and Diego up fromt and Marchisio and Melo in the middle I'd say thats at least top 4 Serie A.

Beppe is doing the right thing in pushing for Dzeko first IMHO

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I totally disagree I think Dzeko is the signing Juve need. None of Juve's current strikers are either consistent enough to start the majority of the season or good enough to score like a pure striker. Krasic is nice and would welcome the risk to Juve with open arms but if this team goes with Dzeko and Diego up fromt and Marchisio and Melo in the middle I'd say thats at least top 4 Serie A.

Beppe is doing the right thing in pushing for Dzeko first IMHO
oh, so it is more sensible to buy another striker (which we already have enough of) than buying players really needed because we do not have enough of them for the positions that will be needed under the new tactical system ... that is some smart business... better play dzeko, leave 4 other strikers on the bench and play constantly out of position because we have no wingers, than buy wingers we definitely need.

thats some really smart business

the definition of need is "longing for something you do not have" ... someone that is hungry needs food ... but i guess in your logic you would rather give someone that has enough bread to eat a cake, instead of giving food to someone who is starving because he has no food at all .. surely the guy who only got bread to eat needs the cake more than the starving one need food at all..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Dzeko for 20 Million with Poulsen or Sissoko going the other way is a fair deal.

Sacrificing Diego to get Dzeko is suicidal; in this case, I would rather get Krasic and keep our strike force as it is.

We can invest in a new striker next year.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
oh, so it is more sensible to buy another striker (which we already have enough of) than buying players really needed because we do not have enough of them for the positions that will be needed under the new tactical system ... that is some smart business... better play dzeko, leave 4 other strikers on the bench and play constantly out of position because we have no wingers, than buy wingers we definitely need.

thats some really smart business

the definition of need is "longing for something you do not have" ... someone that is hungry needs food ... but i guess in your logic you would rather give someone that has enough bread to eat a cake, instead of giving food to someone who is starving because he has no food at all .. surely the guy who only got bread to eat needs the cake more than the starving one need food at all..
I hear you. You believe in a more balanced lineup. However; with the exception of Trez and ADP up front (who are old beards who you are giving bread to) no one really did any scoring for Juve up front. Yes this team has a huge wing problem. Well it also has a defensive problem and striker problem. The key is to bring in players you think have a better chance to become Juve Champions. IMHO Dzeko has a way better change to become a champion than Krasic. Yes Krasic will justify your nickles and dimes more than Dzeko but you have to ask yourself who is the better risk of becoming a Champion at Juve? I'd say its no contest and to risk having at present Martinez, Pepe, Gio (instert player on loan or cheap transfer here) at wing and buying Dzeko rather than signing Krasic and have more of a balanced team.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
why do i have to ask myself who is becoming a champion at juve ?

if the whole system sucks because we lack wingers, than dzeko will become just as much of a champion as diego became a champion in the last season
(because everything around him sucked ..)

so i do really not care about any champion stuff when we do not have a solid foundation (meaning: at least 2 players for every position)

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
Well you are looking for 2 players of balanced talent (for the most part) in every position which is fine by me. I just feel that Dzeko could break things open at Juve and the team would have to rely on some unknowns at other positions. I see your point doesn't necessarily mean I have to agree with it.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
they will sell him, the guy wants to leave he would come running from Wolfsburg to Turin, but to be honest I rather keep our striking force. Ianquinta, Amauri, Trezeguet are to be honest all ''poachers'' sell IQ and Amauri would be my first main call. Than go looking for new srikers next year (Falcao/Cardozo/Lis. Lopez) keep Krasic for what it it's, let him come in december 2011 free. an just invest big time in a classy LB this mercato.

I believe the basis of our attacking minded fielders is good, I mean Giovinco and Diego, not to forget DP, all great players. Let's hope Martinez comes out to be awesome also. Than I see us having no real problems with goal scoring from players like Trez/Amauri/IQ

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why were you so against gsol Alen?
Ok, you're mentioning this for the 10th time or so.
You know the thread. Write "Alen" in the search bar of that thread and find the posts where I was against gsol.

Actually, I will help you.
http://www.juventuz.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2607058&pp=25&page=8

176 posts. I will give you as much time as you need to check them. You will be really surprised when you read them and realize that everything I was saying was that whatever Juve were doing, and they did do at least 1 illegal thing because there is absolutely 0% chance to relegate a big team that didn't do anything against the rules, was matched by the rest. And since in theory doing something illegal means relegation, Juve's punishment was correct, but it becomes void when the other 50 teams doing the same aren't punished. If there is indirect amnesty for the rest, then the same should have been done with Juve.
Your beloved FIGC didn't do it and they relegated Juve.

Enjoy the reading.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Dzeko for 20 Million with Poulsen or Sissoko going the other way is a fair deal.

Sacrificing Diego to get Dzeko is suicidal; in this case, I would rather get Krasic and keep our strike force as it is.

We can invest in a new striker next year.

This year is our only chance to get Džeko. This year not many big clubs are on the lookout for a new striker or dont have the neccessary money for him. However, next year there could be 5 clubs interested instead of just us and Man City this year.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Fuck it.

Get Krasic and move onto somebody else. We can ill-afford to be chasing around a untransferable player all summer in the hope we get him. I would love to have Dzeko here but if Wolfsburg have said he's not for sale then we should get Krasic, focus are attempts on another striker and continue to fill the holes our team has.

With Krasic we still need a LB,CB and potentially a creative CM.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Fuck it.

Get Krasic and move onto somebody else. We can ill-afford to be chasing around a untransferable player all summer in the hope we get him. I would love to have Dzeko here but if Wolfsburg have said he's not for sale then we should get Krasic, focus are attempts on another striker and continue to fill the holes our team has.

With Krasic we still need a LB,CB and potentially a creative CM.
:agree: I totally agree with you, we should try to make a fast deal with Dzeko if they don´t wont to.. then we should move on and buy Krasic. Then look after another striker.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
This year is our only chance to get Džeko. This year not many big clubs are on the lookout for a new striker or dont have the neccessary money for him. However, next year there could be 5 clubs interested instead of just us and Man City this year.
Is Dzeko the only quality striker out there in the world?

I just don't understand why people here are so desperate for this guy to come. If we're gonna pay what is reported (30 mil +) for this guy then am pretty sure we can buy a quality striker next season or even after that for the same kind of money we're offering here.

If his price was low then i can understand why guys here are so desperate for that move to happen (after all that would be a great opportunity that we can't afford to lose) but for that kind of :money: there must be other great options out there....

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
I would love Dzeko to come to Juve, but I seriously doubt he is coming. No way we will spend that much money for him, and I seriously doubt if this whole rumor of Diego being included will happen. Diego would say no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)