Edin Džeko - Striker - Manchester City - Part 2 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Fair enough that opinions have slumped on Dzeko following his performances for shitty. It can be easy to fail in these super squads like RM and city though. I haven't forgotten how good he actually was at Wolfsburg. He was mobile, fairly skilful for his size and most importantly an amazing finisher. It takes the right environment for players to fulfil their potential and is it any surprise that he hasn't been able to do that at a club like Man City?

Obviously not first choice but keep in mind how could he can be.
He didn't exactly fail at City, did he? He scored quite a few important goals and even though he did have a slump in form, he did reasonably well. He's better than what we have right now and worse than what City have up front. I'm not a big fan of his, but it does seem the match would be mutually beneficial. He's not as prolific or as 'big name player' as the likes of van Persie or Higuain, but I'm fairly sure he'll do a 18-20 goal a season. Which is enough for our team really, since almost all our players tend to pitch in the goal scoring department. If we are not getting RvP, Higuain or Cavani and the likes, Dzeko is a good compromise.
Gentlemen. ^ :hi:

Well said.
Not good enough for Juve. Hope Juve goes for a top striker instead!
:lol:
Well, when you start out by hearing names like RVP, Cavani, Higuain, and Suarez, only to end up with Dzeko, then yes, it's a fucking massive disappointment.

Last year we didn't have CL football, so failing to land Aguero was understandable (even though it still hurts like a bitch). However, if we really want to make a statement of intent, prove that we are truly back, we should be aiming higher than "one season wonder at Wolfsburg" Dzeko. He is good, but he can't do it all, and I'd rather a striker who is more agile, nimble, and unpredictable. Dzeko isn't that guy.
He doesn't need to be that guy. He scores goals, and a lot of them. Who the fuck cares how agile, nimble and unpredictable he is. I didn't hear anyone complaining that Trezeguet wasn't fast, agile, nimble, lazy or unpredicatable like I do here with people making excuses with Dzeko.

Silly arguments. Not even arguments, really.
25 goals in 61 games (a lot of which were subs in with 20 or less mintues to go).
This season 15 goals and 9 assists in 38 games
From IMScouting website

Player efficiency fom top 5 leagues:
:tup:

Too bad our subs can't put up those kinds of numbers. Goodness, imagine the numbers he would have if he started most of his games.

:dielaugh: But he isn't good enough for Juventus.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
"One Season Wonder at Wolfsburg"

:howler:

---------- Post added 18.06.2012 at 11:05 ----------

66 goals in 111 games for 4 seasons.

Yes, if that ain't a One Season Wonder then slap me silly and call me bobby-joe-ann. :tup:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Have you guys ever wondered if B81 live his life with a different type of calendar??!! Where four seasons is one.

The jewish calendar of something like that.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Just wait a month or two, and you'll be hearing Pazzini, Di Natale, Gilardino and German Denis names popping up.

Guru's gotta stay Guru's and newspapers gotta sell newspapers.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
The bottom line is fuck Dzeko :p

Hustini, U mad?

I may have underestimated Dzeko a little bit, but I still don't want him here.
Out of curiosity, why? You think our current forwards are better or du you think, there are better players on the market? If we can't get the likes of Van Persie, Higuain or Cavani, who do you then want?

---------- Post added 18.06.2012 at 17:26 ----------

I like you cuz of ur Avatar :p
Well, it's awesome ;)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Out of curiosity, why? You think our current forwards are better or du you think, there are better players on the market? If we can't get the likes of Van Persie, Higuain or Cavani, who do you then want?

---------- Post added 18.06.2012 at 17:26 ----------

Well, it's awesome ;)
It's Marotta's job to get us one of RVP/Higuain/Cavani. I don't want Dzeko as the main signing, but Dzeko + JoJo > Cavani/RVP/Higuain alone

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
People still need to remember that one season does not an old Juve make. And that's not necessarily sports/ambition wise, but more due financial circumstances and the state of the league.

It's perfectly reasonable to expect us not to sign the absolute stars. Is Dzeko RVP, Cavani or Higuain? No. Is he a good player. Most assuredly.

Juventus are still a great club but we have some way to go yet and thankfully we're moving in the right direction. But it's not gonna be done in one season or one mercato. And our league is in a fucking sorry state.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Dzeko is class.. He was my number 1 choice when we were after him battling with City. Then Aguero was my number 1 choice.....

Now it's Lewandowski.. City made Dzeko too expensive for other clubs as they offered him a gigantic contract.. It would be almost impossible for us to match that contract.

Cavani and Dzeko are equal in talent btw..

Ahmedou

Oct 20, 2007
I love Matri but Dzeko would be a huge improvement.

We need him more than Higuain or even RVP, Dzeko is a great finisher and he does it indifferently with his feet or head ; He plays like Trezeguet, exactly the type of players that fit easily in Serie A ; doesn't need to control the ball to score, just one touch goals.

If we can't land Cavani then Dzeko is my number one choice... After that I'd like to get Jovetic and Giovinco too.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I love Matri but Dzeko would be a huge improvement.

We need him more than Higuain or even RVP, Dzeko is a great finisher and he does it indifferently with his feet or head ; He plays like Trezeguet, exactly the type of players that fit easily in Serie A ; doesn't need to control the ball to score, just one touch goals.

If we can't land Cavani then Dzeko is my number one choice... After that I'd like to get Jovetic and Giovinco too.
Take notes people. ^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)