Edin Džeko - Striker - Manchester City - Part 2 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2010
I bought him to betis for 14m when he was 30 years old and that boosted the shirt sales! Seriously, he has been fantastic in germany, and continued this form in britania, i want him

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Makes much more sense than going all out on a RVP or Torres. Hope Marotta has the balls to pull such as a move as neither Dzeko or Jo will be easy to get never mind both.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
So it should as he is still a very good player people have forgotton about him because players like Tevez and Aguero are ahead of him but when this guy gets to play and is on form he is a beast and if getting him would allow us to sign another top player then fuck me that's just splendid :)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Just because some people are being realistic doesnt mean they are fanboys of him..

This guy should be our last option of any striker we've been linked with.However i wouldnt mind us signing him if someone like Jo-Jo came along with him.

Signing only Dzeko wouldnt be a huge upgrade on our current attack line.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Just because some people are being realistic doesnt mean they are fanboys of him..

This guy should be our last option of any striker we've been linked with.However i wouldnt mind us signing him if Jo-Jo came along with him.

Signing only Dzeko wouldnt be a huge upgrade on our current attack line.
It would be a huge upgarde as right now our strikers kinda suck but I agree with what you are saying if he came alone I wouldn't be able to help feeling really underwhelmed.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We sure can, if we get rid of both Matri and Gio.

Fiorentina might accept an offer of 12 Million + Gio/Matri.

Dzeko could be bought Marotta style (on loan with an obligation to renew the loan, co-own the loan, and obligation to buy the co-owned loan :klin:) As far as I'm concerned Dzeko might not be happy being 4'th choice come next season ;)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yeah signing both is possible if we get rid of both Matri and Gio.We can raise close to 60m from Matri,Gio and remaining player sales.Thats enough cash to buy two quality attackers.

But i dont think its going to happen.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Not good enough?

You don't think he's an upgrade to our current forwards?

Dzeko is really underrated by alot in here it seems - unlike last summer. Not many strikers on the market who's better in front of the goal than Dzeko.
He is slightly better still not Good enough! Juve is a top team and we want top players not fuccking flops.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
He is slightly better still not Good enough! Juve is a top team and we want top players not fuccking flops.
Not financially.

And by calling Dzeko a flop, you just flopped.

But luckily for you we can't afford Dzeko's wages, so don't worry we won't sign him, and you can be happy with Matri - a player very close to Dzeko's level according to you.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
dzeko: 20 goals and 10 assists in 2762 minutes = goal/assist in every 92 minutes..
matri: 10 goals and 4 assists in 2110 minutes= goal/assist in every 150 minutes..
vucinic: 11 goals and 12 assists in 2514 minutes = goal/assist in every 109 minutes..
torres: 12 goals and 16 assists in 3274 minutes = goal/assist in every 117 minutes
tevez: 4 goals and 3 assists in 700 minutes = goal/assist in every 100 minutes
balotelli: 18 goals and 2 assists in 2185 minutes = goal/assist in every 109 minutes
cavani: 34 goals and 7 assists in 4385 minutes = goal/assist in every 106 minutes
jovetic: 16 goals and 6 assists in 2699 minutes = goal/assist in every 122 minutes
suarez: 18 goals and 13 assists in 3512 minutes = goal/assist in every 113 minutes

some strikers.... and their numbers of last season...

this guy is right:

Dzeko is vastly superior to any of our forwards and is certainly not a flop. Check his goal/minute ratio even this season, it's outstanding.
but i know higuain, van persie and so on their numbers are better... but if we can get dzeko for a decent price i'd say hell yeah

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I'd get Dzeko if he were willing to take a wage cut, which is unlikely. He'd be great, though.
Absolutely! And I see him fitting in very well in Conte's style of football. In both 3-5-2 with a SS like Vucinic or Jovetic (I wish) and in a 4-3-3 surrounded by very mobile players.

He is like Mario Gomez: By himself he suck, with the right team around him he's european top class.

Speaking of Mario Gomez. Do the Dzeko 'haters' remember Gomez' first season at Bayern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)