Edin Džeko - Striker - Manchester City - Part 2 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Fair enough that opinions have slumped on Dzeko following his performances for shitty. It can be easy to fail in these super squads like RM and city though. I haven't forgotten how good he actually was at Wolfsburg. He was mobile, fairly skilful for his size and most importantly an amazing finisher. It takes the right environment for players to fulfil their potential and is it any surprise that he hasn't been able to do that at a club like Man City?

Obviously not first choice but keep in mind how could he can be.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He didn't exactly fail at City, did he? He scored quite a few important goals and even though he did have a slump in form, he did reasonably well. He's better than what we have right now and worse than what City have up front. I'm not a big fan of his, but it does seem the match would be mutually beneficial. He's not as prolific or as 'big name player' as the likes of van Persie or Higuain, but I'm fairly sure he'll do a 18-20 goal a season. Which is enough for our team really, since almost all our players tend to pitch in the goal scoring department. If we are not getting RvP, Higuain or Cavani and the likes, Dzeko is a good compromise.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Not good enough for Juve. Hope Juve goes for a top striker instead!
Not good enough?

You don't think he's an upgrade to our current forwards?

Dzeko is really underrated by alot in here it seems - unlike last summer. Not many strikers on the market who's better in front of the goal than Dzeko.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Well, when you start out by hearing names like RVP, Cavani, Higuain, and Suarez, only to end up with Dzeko, then yes, it's a fucking massive disappointment.

Last year we didn't have CL football, so failing to land Aguero was understandable (even though it still hurts like a bitch). However, if we really want to make a statement of intent, prove that we are truly back, we should be aiming higher than "one season wonder at Wolfsburg" Dzeko. He is good, but he can't do it all, and I'd rather a striker who is more agile, nimble, and unpredictable. Dzeko isn't that guy.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Well, when you start out by hearing names like RVP, Cavani, Higuain, and Suarez, only to end up with Dzeko, then yes, it's a fucking massive disappointment.
Here's a good advice to spare your mental health. Stop believing random rumours.

Most rumours are purely speculation and bullshit. Just look at those so called Guru's. They can't agree, because they know shit.

Last year we didn't have CL football, so failing to land Aguero was understandable (even though it still hurts like a bitch). However, if we really want to make a statement of intent, prove that we are truly back, we should be aiming higher than "one season wonder at Wolfsburg" Dzeko. He is good, but he can't do it all, and I'd rather a striker who is more agile, nimble, and unpredictable. Dzeko isn't that guy.
We do not show we are back by breaking the bank. We show we are back by winning and Dzeko could be a big part of that, especially if we sign an even better SS than Vucinic (Jovetic anyone?). Dzeko is better than Matri, Quag and Borriello, and depending on his price should be considered a huge upgrade. You rarely find a football player with such a talent for finding the goal.

And one season-wonder? You haven't seen many games with Dzeko the last four seasons?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
It seems I selected league only BTW. And I fucked up the seasons, is that from this year of from the last? I'm confused :D

EDIT: Get it now, when you choose last season for England it is the 11-12 season, but for italy the 11-12 season is the current one. So when you choose last season for both Italy and England you get a compariosn of Serie A 10-11 and EPL 11-12. Not sure about the other leagues.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
According to ESPN and my handy Calculator, he played 1886 minutes in EPL and CL matches last year. He was a substitute in 14 of those matches last year.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Since the bigs (Higuain, Suarez, Cavani) aren't going anywhere - nearly no club in the world can get them - we would be left with RVP and Dzeko, which are far from being easy transfers.

So, being realistic, Dzeko would be fine for now. I hope Torres is just rumours, this guy is a huuuuuuuuuuuuge flop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)