Edgar Davids (9 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I can't really tell anymore what the reason was why I started to watch/support Juve, but Davids was one of the top reasons. Loved him more than any other player. Such a powerhouse.

It was so rare then, and still is to have such a dynamic physical defensive powerhouse midfielder, while still being able to dribble and maneuever like Ronaldinho. And having the edge and engine of Gattuso.

I met him once in late 2000s, just casually playing football on the beach with everyone in a reggae festival in Spain. He was genuinely just like everyone else there, could care less to act like he is famous.

I tell and show my young nephews who are Juve fans too, to imagine a player who does the grunt work of your usual top DMs, then like he is bored and wanna have fun runs with the ball and street footie style humiliates entire defenses.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
I remember one goal of him and it was when I just began following Juve.

It was in a counter attack when Thuram made a tackle and passed to Nedved. Nedved to ADP, ADP to Davids. Davids first dribbled past a defender and then the goalkeeper, finding the net with his left foot. Simple and elegant.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Juventus in the 90s were just so lovable.

David's, Zidane, Del Piero etc, the Kappa kits, Lippi smoking cigars on the side line, the Agneliis running the club, the reputation and vibe.

90s Juventus was so fucking cool.
We were probably the best in the world from 96 to mid 99. also add Montero to this - My all time favorite Juve defender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)