Ebola Outbreak (17 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #136
    @ThomasFriedman: Restricting travel from West Africa will make it more difficult to contain Ebola.

:rofl:

Unbelievable.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Freelance cameraman for NBC has contracted Ebola in Liberia and will receive treatment in the United States. Native of Rhode Island. Another possible case in DC, yet to be confirmed. There was another there as well, but it turned out to be malaria.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #138
    The CDC was one area of government that I thought had a practical and necessary purpose for the public. But here we are again, just like every other governmental function, they are either dropping the ball or creating a crisis to capitalize on.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-restore-confidence-in-cdcs-handling-of-case/

I mean, these guys consist of highly decorated PhD's and have state of the art resources, yet they do not have the common sense to find and isolate some of the closest contacts to patient zero? Really? These guys sound like a bunch of morons if you ask me.

But this is why big government doesn't work. Increased funding for various projects or agencies usually translates into added lethargy and incompetence since their mission (increased funding) was already completed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)