Dušan Vlahović (14 Viewers)

How many goals this season? All competitions.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I agree, sell him, bring another CF in who will get 1 chance a game based on these laughable tactics that we dish out week in week out and expect them to do wonders.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I'm not saying he doesnt need to get his shit together, but let's not pretend he is wasting 5 chances a game. He barely get 1 or 2 half decent chances a game.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'm not saying he doesnt need to get his shit together, but let's not pretend he is wasting 5 chances a game. He barely get 1 or 2 half decent chances a game.
His movement is the issue. How many crosses did he connect with? How many times did he run behind a defense to receive the ball? While players like Inzaghi had incredible sense for positioning, Dusan sadly doesnt have great instincts.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
How many crosses were actually decent today? Majority over or under hit and lack of cohesion moving forward doesn't help.

Hard to run behind a defense when the ball is hoofed 50m up in the air in most attacks. There is no one linking the midfield to the forwards in that final third. And even when the likes of chiesa or vlahovic make a run, the quality of supply to them is shit.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Actually quite a few. I saw Bremer getting there, Gatti, however Dusan is always at the wrong place. When you spend 80m for a striker, you expect him to make something happen, to at least move better, to win some duels, keep the ball, etc. If we need to forcefully feed forwards for them to score, we can get someone cheaper. He also takes too many touches. Stars need to align for him to score at this point. People hated Lukaku rumors but he is a better player and would have been more useful in this team.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Agree lukaku would have been better based on what allegri has dished out this season. But I disagree re. Crosses. None were dangerous tonight. We only scored because of a brain fart moment, which vlahovic took advantage of and put chiesa through. Otherwise chances were not there at all.

The major criticism on vlahovic for me is that right now his body language suggests he is over playing in a team that does not know how to attack. And I'd like to see him show more aggression and look like he gives a fuck. That should be a given regardless.

But then I see milik come out the field, and he goes through the same motions.

Forwards do need to feed more than we feed ours. I agree they need to work hard and make chances but this game was a perfect example why they can't do this. You mention inzaghi, I'll throw trez in there too...top quality who had genuine players who could help supply them...these guys didn't have mckennie, miretti in midfield...they had the likes of ADP, zidane, nedved, davids....big difference.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Agree lukaku would have been better based on what allegri has dished out this season. But I disagree re. Crosses. None were dangerous tonight. We only scored because of a brain fart moment, which vlahovic took advantage of and put chiesa through. Otherwise chances were not there at all.

The major criticism on vlahovic for me is that right now his body language suggests he is over playing in a team that does not know how to attack. And I'd like to see him show more aggression and look like he gives a fuck. That should be a given regardless.

But then I see milik come out the field, and he goes through the same motions.

Forwards do need to feed more than we feed ours. I agree they need to work hard and make chances but this game was a perfect example why they can't do this. You mention inzaghi, I'll throw trez in there too...top quality who had genuine players who could help supply them...these guys didn't have mckennie, miretti in midfield...they had the likes of ADP, zidane, nedved, davids....big difference.
We can agree that issue is deeper than a coach or tactical approach to our games. Until we gradually increase the quality level, particularly in the midfield area, we will struggle to impose our game onto opposition, we cant control the tempo. Look at this midfield today, they wouldnt have even made a bench few years ago. We use to laugh at lanky and clumsy Matuidi but he would have been undisputed starter these days. However, Dusan has to do more in games and when the chance present itself he needs to be more clinical. He wasted some great chances in previous weeks. I recall what Ibra said when he came to Juve. In Italy as a forward you get 1-2 chances per game. Serie A is shit these days, but we have regressed as well.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
In the shadows of the pitch, where dreams and struggles blend,
Dusan Vlahovic, a tale of strength, a story to transcend.
In the black and white of Juventus, a challenge to embrace,
Yet, a struggle unfolds, an intricate, challenging space.

A striker's quest, a battle with his own frailties,
Vlahovic, amidst the giants, faces unseen complexities.
In the dance with the ball, his weaknesses laid bare,
A symphony of obstacles, a relentless, haunting air.

Coach Allegri's tactics, a canvas of tactical might,
Yet, a puzzle unsolved, in the dimming stadium light.
Chances crafted sparingly, in a web of opposition's might,
Vlahovic yearns for goals, in the silence of the night.

Through the maze of defenders, he weaves and strives,
But shadows of doubt linger, in every striker's dives.
Allegri's chessboard, pieces moving with intent,
Yet, a disconnect discovered, in the offensive descent.

A striker's journey, painted with resilience and grace,
Vlahovic wrestles with demons, in this challenging space.
Allegri's tactics, a double-edged sword they seem,
In the symphony of struggle, where dreams and realities teem.

Yet, in the heart of adversity, a phoenix may rise,
Vlahovic's strength, Allegri's wisdom, a compromise.
For in the ebb and flow, where challenges converge,
Resilience whispers, and dreams begin to surge.

In the theater of football, where tales are spun,
Dusan Vlahovic and Allegri, their fates still unwon.
A struggle shared, a journey intertwined,
In the dance of football, where destinies are assigned.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He just seems mentally broken.

What kind of striker is the one that you pay 80M for and then end up subbing him off whenever chasing a game or needing a winning goal, and it was not the first time this happens, and rightfully so because his performance in each of those instances was bang average, that basically says it all about his confidence level and of what the expectations around him should actually be.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Until we gradually increase the quality level, particularly in the midfield area, we will struggle to impose our game onto opposition, we cant control the tempo. Look at this midfield today, they wouldnt have even made a bench few years ago. We use to laugh at lanky and clumsy Matuidi but he would have been undisputed starter these days. However, Dusan has to do more in games and when the chance present itself he needs to be more clinical. He wasted some great chances in previous weeks. I recall what Ibra said when he came to Juve. In Italy as a forward you get 1-2 chances per game. Serie A is shit these days, but we have regressed as well.
:sergio: It's like talking to a brick wall at times.

Vlahovic is not a team player and he shouldn't be expected to be. He is the linchpin of the squad. The team should be working for him, not the other way round. Do you really think it's a coincidence that his performances dropped immediately upon joining? He went from a team that valued providing through ball service to a team that valued defensive contribution, and has been isolated ever since. The only service he gets are the odd hoofed balls which he has to try and control with his back to goal and wrestle off a defender at the same time. He has been expected to adapt to a system that doesn't suit his abilities and as a result his confidence is shot. The guy is confused. He isn't a bad player, he's just mentally weak and has to put up with an incompetent coach at the same time.

As for the quality of this team, who do you think is to blame for that? When you have a coach that only wants a starting XI of <6ft lumps because hes obsessed with pHySiCaLiTy and outmuscling the opponent, then don't expect the team to be very technical or skillful, or there to be seamless build up play from the midfield to the attack. The team is the way it is and has been for the last god knows how many years precisely because of this terrible approach to squad building. Buy a bunch of two left-footed oafs like Khedira, Rabiot, Emre Can, Matuidi, De Sciglio e.t.c then struggle to get rid of them and/or renew them (because we are that stupid), or worse still, refuse to learn our lesson and replace them with more oafs tied down on 5 year contracts to appease the mister. Players then flop, and the cycle repeats itself. Nothing changes.

We are still reaping the consequences of our transfer strategy from 5/6 years ago.

Last edited:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
:sergio: It's like talking to a brick wall at times.

Vlahovic is not a team player and he shouldn't be expected to be. He is the linchpin of the squad. The team should be working for him, not the other way round. Do you really think it's a coincidence that his performances dropped immediately upon joining? He went from a team that valued providing through ball service to a team that valued defensive contribution, and has been isolated ever since. The only service he gets are the odd hoofed balls which he has to try and control with his back to goal and wrestle off a defender at the same time. He has been expected to adapt to a system that doesn't suit his abilities and as a result his confidence is shot. The guy is confused. He isn't a bad player, he's just mentally weak and has to put up with an incompetent coach at the same time.

As for the quality of this team, who do you think is to blame for that? When you have a coach that only wants a starting XI of <6ft lumps because hes obsessed with pHySiCaLiTy and outmuscling the opponent, then don't expect the team to be very technical or skillful, or there to be seamless build up play from the midfield to the attack. The team is the way it is and has been for the last god knows how many years precisely because of this terrible approach to squad building. Buy a bunch of two left-footed oafs like Khedira, Rabiot, Emre Can, Matuidi, De Sciglio e.t.c then struggle to get rid of them and/or renew them (because we are that stupid), or worse still, refuse to learn our lesson and replace them with more oafs tied down on 5 year contracts to appease the mister. Players then flop, and the cycle repeats itself. Nothing changes.

We are still reaping the consequences of our transfer strategy from 5/6 years ago.
Ah yes, repeat it enough times to make it true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)