Dušan Vlahović (50 Viewers)

How many goals this season? All competitions.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 2, 2006
so we ask 70 million for 23 years old striker whom we paid 80+ million for. meanwhile inter ask 60 million for their 27 years old goalkeeper they got from ajax for free. there is something unnaturally wrong with player valuations here. we always overpay for other clubs trash and sell our best players with a big discount. this is an ongoing thing as well. ownership are downsizing the club by choice.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Holy Vlahoerotica.

Allegri's plan to crush Susan's confidence to keep away suitors seems to be working to plan.

Stockholm Syndrome? Munchausen syndrome by proxy?

Nah, dis is Allegri Syndrome.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
so we ask 70 million for 23 years old striker whom we paid 80+ million for. meanwhile inter ask 60 million for their 27 years old goalkeeper they got from ajax for free. there is something unnaturally wrong with player valuations here. we always overpay for other clubs trash and sell our best players with a big discount. this is an ongoing thing as well. ownership are downsizing the club by choice.
We have Giuntoli on board now.

Whatever moves we make from here on out I trust to be the right ones, until proven otherwise.

Also dude, Onana's stock is way higher than it was when he signed for Inter. And him moving there on a free transfer doesn't mean that he was worthless. You obviously know that. Last season Vlahovic looked like a shadow of the player he was when we signed him. Biggest falling off since Fernando Torres or Adriano. Only thing keeping our his valuation even at 70m is his goal record at Viola. Of course it would be lower than it was when we got him.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Yeah, but keep in mind Marotta is keeping €30m for himself.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Damn they must have a great director

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i was thinking about the best and worst players of the last season, and i can't not consider dusan the biggest disappointment. his first touch, his lack of focus, his constant whining, the lack of ability to win duels regularly, man, i expected something different. and don't tell me that he's playing as a cb, he'd be different in a more attacking setup. of course he'd be different, but those are the basics of football i'm talking about. if you can't get the basics right, then don't blame the setup, the coach, the team mates or the stars, just focus, and work much, much harder.

his pubalgia injury is the only semi acceptable excuse he has, but if it really ruined his season, then why isn't he already operated?

either way, he should get his shit together, at juve or elsewhere

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
i was thinking about the best and worst players of the last season, and i can't not consider dusan the biggest disappointment. his first touch, his lack of focus, his constant whining, the lack of ability to win duels regularly, man, i expected something different. and don't tell me that he's playing as a cb, he'd be different in a more attacking setup. of course he'd be different, but those are the basics of football i'm talking about. if you can't get the basics right, then don't blame the setup, the coach, the team mates or the stars, just focus, and work much, much harder.

his pubalgia injury is the only semi acceptable excuse he has, but if it really ruined his season, then why isn't he already operated?

either way, he should get his shit together, at juve or elsewhere
It was a truly spectacular crash. Watching back the highlights of the first game and comparing them to how he was for most of the season it's like a different player.

Specifically the way he shielded the ball and won that penalty, he got bullied out of possession so often most of the year. That goal he scored from open play, he had a bunch of half chances like that and didn't bury any of them.

We were right to expect a lot more, because he showed it to us before it disappeared. Di Maria had a run of a couple of months looking like a top player. For that he was less disappointing than Vlahovic, I think you're probably right. Only one that could beat him there would be Pogba if anybody was silly enough to expect anything at all there.

On the 'constant whining' though, I'd say that early on when we had the octagon bullshit and all of that, Dusan was the only one besides Danilo who could be seen visibly encouraging the team to push on, keep their chins up and keep battling. That went along with his confidence, but it's worth noting I think.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Look it can be mostly Dusan's fault for not playing well this season but I go back to the old cliche for all sports, "managers/coach need to put players in position to succeed." What players did Max get to play better than expected this season? Another cliche "easier to get rid of one coach than numerous players." Okay that didn't happen but WTF are players like Sandro, Bonucci, Tek still here? So let's go with same manager and lots of the same underachiving or maybe better to say over-the-hill players.

WTF mangement, stop treating the team as 99% business entity and sign some checks and send them on their way.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Look it can be mostly Dusan's fault for not playing well this season but I go back to the old cliche for all sports, "managers/coach need to put players in position to succeed." What players did Max get to play better than expected this season? Another cliche "easier to get rid of one coach than numerous players." Okay that didn't happen but WTF are players like Sandro, Bonucci, Tek still here? So let's go with same manager and lots of the same underachiving or maybe better to say over-the-hill players.

WTF mangement, stop treating the team as 99% business entity and sign some checks and send them on their way.
Why is Sandro still here? Because Allegri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 39)