Douglas Costa (59 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
So apparently they're not interested in dealing with Juve, they dropped the problem on Costa's shoulders (and his agent) to find a way to rescind the contract.

If that's the case, the only thing we can save up is salary here. Hopefully the club doesn't pay a penny here, enoof is enoof.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
surely we are by far the shittest sellers in europe, no other club releases so many players on a free than us
what would you do when a players is either broken or shitty but earns a super wage?
Which smaller teams would buy him and payhim the same wages we're giving?
So once a player join us and get a certain salary he can only be sold to another big team that can pay for his service.
If you're a 31years old broken player on a 6m after taxes wages which team could we sell him too?
If he was fit to play he'd be a fucking starter for us.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
If they refuse to give us a fee or option on any of their young talents and Costa has made his mind that's where he wants to go then he can buy himself out of his contract with his own money.

We need to stop bending over for these overpaid mercenaries.

Enoof is Enoof.

Jun 16, 2020
remember matuidi's case? we had an option to extend his contract with an other year, and we did. then only a couple of months later, we released him and accepted a minimal minusvalenza. great planning once again by the lord.
Im one of the few here who doesn’t genuinely hate Tici, but some things are indeed indefensible. I’ll never understand his way of thinking, while in the meantime he signed some good players like De Ligt, Chiesa or some primavera kids.

With Matuidi you just knew it was time to go- but you also knew he’d get a contract extension.

Or Pellegrini, one of the other many strange cases. I wasn’t against back then; Spina was mostly injured, Pellegrini played a promising season at Cagliari and WC U20. The need for plusvalenza was kinda obvious, but the following 2 seasons he didn’t play a single minute in our jersey and all that time we missed a decent backup for Sandro.

And far more really strange decisions besides these ones of course

So either he should get a decent director next to him like the times with Marotta or he should leave.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So either he should get a decent director next to him like the times with Marotta or he should leave.
agreed, that's still my bottom line with tici.

btw releasing costa would cost the club ~9m or so in minusvalenza, plus a potential golden handshake too. there's no good solution here, only bad and worse.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Im one of the few here who doesn’t genuinely hate Tici, but some things are indeed indefensible. I’ll never understand his way of thinking, while in the meantime he signed some good players like De Ligt, Chiesa or some primavera kids.

With Matuidi you just knew it was time to go- but you also knew he’d get a contract extension.

Or Pellegrini, one of the other many strange cases. I wasn’t against back then; Spina was mostly injured, Pellegrini played a promising season at Cagliari and WC U20. The need for plusvalenza was kinda obvious, but the following 2 seasons he didn’t play a single minute in our jersey and all that time we missed a decent backup for Sandro.

And far more really strange decisions besides these ones of course

I would hope that no one genuinely hates him, we don't even know him.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Honestly, watching 2017/18 again, he truly was fantastic that season. His quality of performances cannot be ignored.

Allegri really did get the most out of him. Of course, the fact that he was injury-free in 2017/18 also helped.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
give him a 3 year contract on 3m-3.5m a season and let him stay next season or loan him out again, it's not like he'll get a better offer out of Lyon.

I really dislike the idea of releasing players for free, there's still a decent chance Costa can contribute on pitch or can fetch a transfer fee next summer around 10m if he has a good season. if that doesn't pan out, we can rescind next summer and the salary paid will be similar, only our books will suffer less.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Honestly, watching 2017/18 again, he truly was fantastic that season. His quality of performances cannot be ignored.

Allegri really did get the most out of him. Of course, the fact that he was injury-free in 2017/18 also helped.
That’s the thing with him, he’s so enigmatic. When he is fit and gets a run of games he’s an absolute beast (or was) and unplayable. His body is just breaking down.

If the option is to give him away for free or keep him as a bench option for a LW position we have zero depth for I’d opt to keep him. We can’t just keep releasing players because other clubs don’t want to pay for them. At least need to get a couple of first options off gremio- they can produce talent and we need to identify talent before it’s 28 years old

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)