Douglas Costa (62 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Gremio Vice-President Marcos Hermann revealed they are close to signing Douglas Costa. ‘Now,it all depends on Juventus’.

The Brazilian winger was loaned out to Bayern Munich ahead of the current campaign but has only played 11 times in the German Bundesliga this term.

Reports emerged the former Brazil international is close to Gremio and the Vice-President confirmed they are negotiating with the former Shakhtar Donetsk player.

“We were invited to go to Douglas’ house to talk about it,” Hermann told Globo Esporte. “He has mage a huge concession, compared to what he earns in Europe.

“We have improved our offer a little and we are a lot closer. I would say this: He will now try to be freed from Juventus.

“If Juventus release him, I’m sure we will reach an agreement. All thanks to the effort he made and what Gremio are doing.

“But I assure you that the offer falls within our economic possibilities.”
"If Juventus release him"

How about paying you broke fuck

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
"If Juventus release him"

How about paying you broke fuck
The whole affair is based on the fact that we release him for free. We've done it before too many times, so everyone knows we would do it again as long as we don't want a player.

Just clean up this mess and get back to doing deals like a proper club would do. I'd release him as long as he doesn't get a penny of his last year contract.

Or grab some kids in exchange for u23.

Ramsey will be next, hopefully it happens this Summer too.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i'd keep him. even if he is injured a lot he still more useful than berna and kulu combined.

send kulu on loan to some serie b team to get experience

Jun 16, 2020
Best case scenario we buy a player of them for the amount of minusvalenza we’d make of releasing him, and they buy Costa for the same amount of money

Worst case scenario we record a loss.

Not sure if Costa staying is a scenario we should take in consideration, as talking about releasing him doesnt come out of nowhere.

Hands tied... as always

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What for? Will they beg us to terminate the contract? Pay or gtfo

- - - Updated - - -

Hindsight. Not that I really wanted any of the two, but I'm sure many did.
Yes, and D. Costa was actually useful for a period of time. I bet we could have sold him in 2019 for example. But our timing with getting rid of ageing overpaid players is always terrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)