Douglas Costa (87 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Basically every reports says that we’ll release him - so we accept a minusvalenza.

Tbh dont understand this at all. A dry loan for a year with full payment of his salary wasn’t a option while we’re still in may ffs?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Basically every reports says that we’ll release him - so we accept a minusvalenza.

Tbh dont understand this at all. A dry loan for a year with full payment of his salary wasn’t a option while we’re still in may ffs?
Well, Gremio clearly said they can't pay that. I guess he only wants to go there?

Juventus will record a large capital loss, but which will balance the accounts with the savings on the cost of the salary that Douglas Costa will not receive.

If it was a one time thing, I'd understand it. But we've been "taking the loss" for years now...

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

It seems like not because our contract guarantees him 6m net, while in Brazil he'd make 3.5-4m.

So we'd have to pay the remaining part I guess. If DC agrees to forget about those wages, then they'll release him for free.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

Its the same. If we release him we don't pay his salary, if we loan him as you say we don't pay his salary. Either way we don't get a transfer fee and we don't pay his salary.

Jun 16, 2020
Its the same. If we release him we don't pay his salary, if we loan him as you say we don't pay his salary. Either way we don't get a transfer fee and we don't pay his salary.
If we release him, with 9m still as his book value, then we lose 9m.

We save ~9m salary so that balances things, but if we found a club willing to pay his full salary we avoided the minusvalenza, he'd run out of his contract with no loss for us. I mean we still have 3 months to find a club willing to do that.

Doesnt seem greatly managed, but no suprise here.

A problem less I guess.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
If we release him, with 9m still as his book value, then we lose 9m.

We save ~9m salary so that balances things, but if we found a club willing to pay his full salary we avoided the minusvalenza, he'd run out of his contract with no loss for us. I mean we still have 3 months to find a club willing to do that.

Doesnt seem greatly managed, but no suprise here.

A problem less I guess.
His book value is not only his salary. Its his salary + his transfer fee divided in the number of years of contract. If we release him we lose his amortised transfer fee but save his salary. If we loan him we lose his amortised transfer fee for a year but we save his salary.

In this case where he has only one year of contract it makes no difference.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I say the same thing as I said for Higgy and Matuidi. Play him in Serie C and let's get that promotion to Serie B. We would get more money and could surround our 'talents' with better vetarans. Serie B is great for young players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)