Douglas Costa (28 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Watched Ronaldo's third goal again...Costa had 3-4 defenders collapsing on him which left GOAT wide open..that's the effect he has, he always needs at least two guys marking him and when he has the ball heading straight to goal it pulls defenders away from our other attackers. Needs to stay fit and we will see more and more of this.
Screenshot_2020-01-07 Juventus.png

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine having to make that decision as a defense...collapse on a guy you can't control 1v1 and sacrifice coverage leaving one of Ronaldo, Dybala or Higuain wide open :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Talk about picking your poison...if that was Bernie there this goal wouldn't have happened.
This is my favourite thing about Costa. He looks to put himself into these situations. He has no thoughts of shooting here. His only goal is to put as much pressure as possible on the defenders, he is waiting for them to commit to him and he's always looking to play a teammate. Sometimes he can look like a machine, very disciplined and effective.

I don't find him to be a true lolzillian in the way he plays. 99% of the time when I see him take on an opponent, it's because he sees an opportunity to get past and then run at the defence and make it really uncomfortable for the opposition. Rarely will you see a useless lolzillian dribble, where there is nothing to gain afterwards.

This is why I can't quit this guy. You search all match to play like five straight one touch passes and get into this dangerous scenario when sometimes you can just pass to Costa and he just dribbles himself into this scenario.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is my favourite thing about Costa. He looks to put himself into these situations. He has no thoughts of shooting here. His only goal is to put as much pressure as possible on the defenders, he is waiting for them to commit to him and he's always looking to play a teammate. Sometimes he can look like a machine, very disciplined and effective.

I don't find him to be a true lolzillian in the way he plays. 99% of the time when I see him take on an opponent, it's because he sees an opportunity to get past and then run at the defence and make it really uncomfortable for the opposition. Rarely will you see a useless lolzillian dribble, where there is nothing to gain afterwards.

This is why I can't quit this guy. You search all match to play like five straight one touch passes and get into this dangerous scenario when sometimes you can just pass to Costa and he just dribbles himself into this scenario.
We don't have anyone like him in the team that can do that. Dybala does well in little pockets and quick turns, but Costa does that well but his pace offers him the ability to take that attack into open space and pull a defense. Its like every single attacker we have has something different to bring to this team.

Bernie brings bricks to build a wall to block our offense. He needs to go.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

His only problem is being injury prone. He's not a superstar like Neymar but never tried to be one anyway, he's a team player and seems to be more interested in helping his team mates than scoring.

He'd be finding the back of the net more often if he was more selfish though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
His only problem is being injury prone. He's not a superstar like Neymar but never tried to be one anyway, he's a team player and seems to be more interested in helping his team mates than scoring.

He'd be finding the back of the net more often if he was more selfish though.
Feels good to be right, doesn't it? :p

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Don't really care to be right tbh because it was easy to see he had an immense talent, only the haters thought otherwise

Looking at you @DAiDEViL
Absolutely. His talent to get injured is almost 2nd to none. The only constant thing in his career so far, and he'll be 30 this year.

Contributed so little to the teams he's played for, that no one is ever gonna remember him once he's gone, except for maybe Donezk fans.

Just kidding, truly great player.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Absolutely. His talent to get injured is almost 2nd to none. The only constant thing in his career so far, and he'll be 30 this year.

Contributed so little to the teams he's played for, that no one is ever gonna remember him once he's gone, except for maybe Donezk fans.

Just kidding, truly great player.
Looked like a diff post last time I saw it and it was already edited. Edited it for 38 minutes? Feeling the pressure, untermensch? :lol:

You were talking about DC's quality as a player since he signed, your main point of contention, not his injuries.

At least own up to what you said. Embarrassing.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Looked like a diff post last time I saw it and it was already edited. Edited it for 38 minutes? Feeling the pressure, untermensch? :lol:

You were talking about DC's quality as a player since he signed, your main point of contention, not his injuries.

At least own up to what you said. Embarrassing.
Are you mainly here to annoy the shit out of anyone who ever disagrees with you?:lol2:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
He is our only winger who can get past opposition players and knows what to do next. Cuadrado can dribble a player but next moves leaves a lot to be desired.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Healthy Costa is our most dangerous weapon in UCL
Although I disagree with Costa being more dangerous than CR7 in CL, Costa might be the most important piece because his competition isnt up to the task.

Imo our best attacking trio is Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo. Take Dybs or Ronaldo out, Higgy replaces them beautifully and we barely feel it. Take Costa out and we lose a gear with Berna or Ramsey replacing him.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Although I disagree with Costa being more dangerous than CR7 in CL, Costa might be the most important piece because his competition isnt up to the task.

Imo our best attacking trio is Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo. Take Dybs or Ronaldo out, Higgy replaces them beautifully and we barely feel it. Take Costa out and we lose a gear with Berna or Ramsey replacing him.
omg, ur saying we would barely feel the absence of a player that has scored highest number of goals in CL history? In knockout rounds? He scored all our knockout goals last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)