Douglas Costa (45 Viewers)

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Although I disagree with Costa being more dangerous than CR7 in CL, Costa might be the most important piece because his competition isnt up to the task.

Imo our best attacking trio is Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo. Take Dybs or Ronaldo out, Higgy replaces them beautifully and we barely feel it. Take Costa out and we lose a gear with Berna or Ramsey replacing him.
giphy.gif

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Although I disagree with Costa being more dangerous than CR7 in CL, Costa might be the most important piece because his competition isnt up to the task.

Imo our best attacking trio is Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo. Take Dybs or Ronaldo out, Higgy replaces them beautifully and we barely feel it. Take Costa out and we lose a gear with Berna or Ramsey replacing him.
Barely feel Ronaldo out? Higgy doesn't replace Ronaldo beautifully and we barely feel it. One of them has 65 career CL KO goals. The other has 7. Ridiculous notion.

tenor.gif

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Please name those 9 or 10 others. I can only think of Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuain, and possibly Cuadrado.
Have a look at our starting 11. I definutely prefer to have Chiellini fit than Costa for a CL match, or Pjanic, or most of our starters. As it is obviously shown by the fact that most of our games are won without Costa, and that most of our players are more accomplished than Costa, the rest are more useful.

Costa's speed and dribbling are fantastic and exciting to watch. But we are not Milan or Inter, our squad is full of champions.

I'm much more comfortable playing with Dybala, Higuain and Ronaldo and losing out on Costa, than playing without the rest of our starters. This except for Matuidi and one of our CBs except Chiellini (because we are excellently covered in that position). So yes, about 9 or 10 players.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
A big reason why Costa is considered so important is not because he is better than our other forwards (Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuain are obviously better players). He’s so important because he is the only player we have who has electrifying pace and the ability to stretch opponents.

Liverpool has Mane and Salah
PSG has Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria
Bayern have Gnabry and Coman
City have Sterling and Sane
Juve only have Costa, no one else, and he’s injured most of the time

If we had the 2008 version of Cristiano Ronaldo on this team, the guy who would dribble opponents for fun, Costa would not be considered a big loss at all. But alas, we have a 34 year old Ronaldo who plays primarily central, so we have no actual wingers.

Nov 3, 2019
A big reason why Costa is considered so important is not because he is better than our other forwards (Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuain are obviously better players). He’s so important because he is the only player we have who has electrifying pace and the ability to stretch opponents.

Liverpool has Mane and Salah
PSG has Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria
Bayern have Gnabry and Coman
City have Sterling and Sane
Juve only have Costa, no one else, and he’s injured most of the time

If we had the 2008 version of Cristiano Ronaldo on this team, the guy who would dribble opponents for fun, Costa would not be considered a big loss at all. But alas, we have a 34 year old Ronaldo who plays primarily central, so we have no actual wingers.
Yeah this is the main problem of Juve, we simply lack these fast players. We cant win the CL without Costa's pace so its so so important that he stays injury free.

- - - Updated - - -

Have a look at our starting 11. I definutely prefer to have Chiellini fit than Costa for a CL match, or Pjanic, or most of our starters. As it is obviously shown by the fact that most of our games are won without Costa, and that most of our players are more accomplished than Costa, the rest are more useful.

Costa's speed and dribbling are fantastic and exciting to watch. But we are not Milan or Inter, our squad is full of champions.

I'm much more comfortable playing with Dybala, Higuain and Ronaldo and losing out on Costa, than playing without the rest of our starters. This except for Matuidi and one of our CBs except Chiellini (because we are excellently covered in that position). So yes, about 9 or 10 players.
Sorry but this is bullshit. Im 100% sure we would have beaten Ajax last season if Costa would have been fit. What was our problem against them ? We were slow as fuck, nobody of us could bring the ball forward.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
omg, ur saying we would barely feel the absence of a player that has scored highest number of goals in CL history? In knockout rounds? He scored all our knockout goals last season.
Yup, for me current Higgy and current Ronaldo doesnt have the same amount of difference that Costa and Ramsey have.

Costa-Dybala-Higuain > Ramsey-Ronaldo-Dybala for me

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Yup, for me current Higgy and current Ronaldo doesnt have the same amount of difference that Costa and Ramsey have.

Costa-Dybala-Higuain > Ramsey-Ronaldo-Dybala for me
First of all you said we would barely feel it...

There is also a bigger difference between Cuadrado vs MDS/Danilo, than Costa vs Ramsey, so does it mean Cuadrado is our most important piece of the puzzle?

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Costa is our most important player, no wait, it's the best player in the team, no wait, it's the best player in europe, no wait... what amount of BS of somes around here...

Why don't just crossfinger for the guy stay fit the rest of the season, stop spitting people, playing fortnite till dawn and crash cars while is doing some insta lives? We need him for sure but we can't rely on him at all and that's a fact

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
To be fair when he's fit and not rusty he's a fucking immense player. A total Game changer.

But it doesn't matter if you're Messi if you can only play ten games a season. You just end up relying on a player who will consistently let you down.

I'd love it if he could stay fit for even 3/4 of a season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)