Douglas Costa (23 Viewers)

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
7 goals-13 assists. Transfermarkt counts penalties won and other things as assists that neither UEFA nor any of the top leagues do. Whoscored shows his proper assist count.

- - - Updated - - -

What’s amusing is that Costa’s second best season was under Allegri with 6 goals-13 assists last year, almost identical to his year under Pep. :lol3:
A penslty won should count as an assist. You are setting up one of your team mates for a goal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I think it should too. But it still isn’t counted as such by UEFA or any of the big leagues. Same deal with scoring from a rebound. It should be an assist, but it isn’t.
:agree:

It makes more sense to judge a creative player on the chances created numbers. Atleast it should be Included when talking stats about a player.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:agree:

It makes more sense to judge a creative player on the chances created numbers. Atleast it should be Included when talking stats about a player.
:tup:

Costa was brilliant last year for us, no doubt about that. Allegri’s tactics last year and Higuain in the middle suited him really well.

That’s why he was my most disappointing player this season, even more so due to the manner in which his season fell apart.

Even so, I’d be interested in seeing if he can rediscover his best now under a new coach.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Could this lolzilian have his rebirth under Sarri?

Could he explode?
Explode beyond what? The horrible season he just had full of self-inflicted wounds?

His best two seasons of his career were his year under Pep at bayern and his first year here under Allegri... both those seasons he was unstoppable for half the season and decent the other half.

Allegri can’t be blamed in the slightest for Costa’s season considering Max had him playing some of the best football of his career a year ago, which ended when he went full retard and attacked another player. Dude just needs to screw his head on straight and get to work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)