Douglas Costa (46 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
the same question could be asked about Vidal when we sold him, no?
Yeah, no. Were they the only interests? I guess Real Madrid (Ancelotti comments) and other clubs might have been put off by his off the pitch antics (drunk driving) and injuries, which sure has been a big part why we decided to sell him as well. Non of that was the case with Costa.

In the end it makes sense Vidal went to Bayern, he would have never joined us if it wasn't for Rudi Völler not selling him to them, they've been after him ever since.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, no. Were they the only interests? I guess Real Madrid (Ancelotti comments) and other clubs might have been put off by his off the pitch antics (drunk driving) and injuries, which sure has been a big part why we decided to sell him as well. Non of that was the case with Costa.

In the end it makes sense Vidal went to Bayern, he would have never joined us if it wasn't for Rudi Völler not selling him to them, they've been after him ever since.
So how can you say for sure that we were the only ones after DC (even if we were, what’s wrong with that? Lot of great players go under the radar of the richest clubs)? How can we be sure that we were the only ones after him? We gave Bayern Coman and Vidal for fair prices, it makes sense they returned the favor with Benatia and Costa considering the great relations between clubs. Could it be that Costa chose us over other clubs from the EPL? I mean, he does earn 6M a year net and competes for the treble each year here. Not that bad

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
So how can you say for sure that we were the only ones after DC (even if we were, what’s wrong with that? Lot of great players go under the radar of the richest clubs)? How can we be sure that we were the only ones after him? We gave Bayern Coman and Vidal for fair prices, it makes sense they returned the favor with Benatia and Costa considering the great relations between clubs. Could it be that Costa chose us over other clubs from the EPL? I mean, he does earn 6M a year net and competes for the treble each year here. Not that bad
The way Bayern dragged this out suggest they've been waiting for other clubs to offer more, which seems like it wasn't the case, so they ended up selling him to us. And no, i don't think he would have chosen us over clubs from the epl.

Apr 19, 2007
The way Bayern dragged this out suggest they've been waiting for other clubs to offer more, which seems like it wasn't the case, so they ended up selling him to us. And no, i don't think he would have chosen us over clubs from the epl.
once again why does that matter? Does that make him worse or us make us dumb? He is a great player and a freaking steal. He is going to be a top winger by next year IMO. Once again our board shows how good we are at finding talent

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
You can, but if hes was such a complete package, why are we the only top club that was seriously going for him for such a low (for todays standards) fee? You would have expected top clubs to be all over him.
James Rodriguez went for about the same transfer fee, in the same transfer window.

Is he not an amazing player?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
James only wanted Bayern. He initially went there because of Carlo under whom he played at Madrid.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting points but i think Costa is one of those players who isnt crazy over England (all things i doubt he speaks english, weather compared to Italy, culture differences) Also if he was money crazy why didnt he do what many brazilians ecently did and go to China?
I think one shouldnt underestimate factors like Juve is competitive in europe. English clubs havent been in recent years. Costa valued those things.

Benatia isnt that well known outside Italy. Especially in England. Also he had injury problems at Bayern so that also affect interest from clubs. And i think Benatia wanted to return to serie a cause more comfortable.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
James only wanted Bayern. He initially went there because of Carlo under whom he played at Madrid.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting points but i think Costa is one of those players who isnt crazy over England (all things i doubt he speaks english, weather compared to Italy, culture differences) Also if he was money crazy why didnt he do what many brazilians ecently did and go to China?
I think one shouldnt underestimate factors like Juve is competitive in europe. English clubs havent been in recent years. Costa valued those things.

Benatia isnt that well known outside Italy. Especially in England. Also he had injury problems at Bayern so that also affect interest from clubs.
But what motivated him to move from gremio to shakhtar?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Benatia isnt that well known outside Italy. Especially in England. Also he had injury problems at Bayern so that also affect interest from clubs. And i think Benatia wanted to return to serie a cause more comfortable.
Truth is, and the point of my post, there is no way to know who wanted him and who not, and to what extent. If it’s Real, Barcelona, PSG or the Manchester’s, I think there is a fair chance to say he wouldn’t be here (not 100%, because you have to consider wages, role in the team and stuff like that. He earns 6M net here after all, and is considered a key player). Everyone else? I think it’s fair to assume he would pick us over other clubs.

And yes, if he was crazy for money like Witsel, Hulk etc, he’d just go to China (not like he earns pocket change here anyway). He obviously wants to compete at the highest level and play an important role at a top club (especially since this is a WC year), so we were probably his best bet

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
But what motivated him to move from gremio to shakhtar?

Shaktar pays better wages than Juve?

Shaktar bought him for 6m euros. Clearly he was a nobody then. Then he put in couple of good performances with Shaktar in europe and Bayern bought him for 30m.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Truth is, and the point of my post, there is no way to know who wanted him and who not, and to what extent. If it’s Real, Barcelona, PSG or the Manchester’s, I think there is a fair chance to say he wouldn’t be here (not 100%, because you have to consider wages, role in the team and stuff like that. He earns 6M net here after all, and is considered a key player). Everyone else? I think it’s fair to assume he would pick us over other clubs.

And yes, if he was crazy for money like Witsel, Hulk etc, he’d just go to China (not like he earns pocket change here anyway). He obviously wants to compete at the highest level and play an important role at a top club (especially since this is a WC year), so we were probably his best bet
Yeah forgot about that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Good money, good history with SA (especially Brazilian) players, Brazilian core in the team so wouldn’t have trouble settling in, move to Europe to a team that plays CL/EL
Also he was a nobody in 2010 when he went there for 6m.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Shaktar pays better wages than Juve?

Shaktar bought him for 6m euros. Clearly he was a nobody then. Then he put in couple of good performances with Shaktar in europe and Bayern bought him for 30m.
Should have quoted, when I was talking about what motivated him I was referring to the below.

Also if he was money crazy why didnt he do what many brazilians ecently did and go to China?
Money crazy or not he could have waited to join a better team but shakhtar was the China in them days.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
@Nedved96, see? and you complain that we can't attack.
:D

One more reason to why we should keep Dybala at all costs. He’s going to be a 90+ rated player soon with a handsome face. His marketability is through the roof. We also have DC, one of the fastest players in the game, pace is OP on FIFA.

Soon the FIFA generation will all be Juve fans.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
:D

One more reason to why we should keep Dybala at all costs. He’s going to be a 90+ rated player soon with a handsome face. His marketability is through the roof. We also have DC, one of the fastest players in the game, pace is OP on FIFA.

Soon the FIFA generation will all be Juve fans.
Costa is actually slow on fifa 18,his acceleration is great but only like 82 top speed, only 4 points more than the fatty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)