Douglas Costa (15 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:klin:

Why has it to be stubbornness though? Doesn't he see him all week? You seriously think he wouldn't play him if he was convinced he'd add quality to the starting 11?

Max might be just another "hater" like me i guess.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Didnt think Allegri would be this stubborn. But hey, surprise surprise...
Dunno, I haven't seen anything from Costa so far to suggest he warrants a starting place over Cuads. I'm glad to have both as they're both inconsistent as hell and will have a slump sooner or later, but long term it'll be hard for Costa to bench Cuads if he doesn't improve his offensive contribution, Berna has played a lot less, but has been more impressive imo

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Didnt think Allegri would be this stubborn. But hey, surprise surprise...
You honestly dont think Cuadrado hasnt deserved his starting spot so far? He is clearly much more in tune with the team, actually passes alot (not just runs with the ball like Costa), covers, and crosses decently. Costa despite scoring and assisting couple games in a row, plays like he is in his own world out there, a complete black hole in team play, he has not done nowhere near enough to force his way to starting spot in RW position. Makes it easy for Allegri. Like us who see both, and Allegri, there is no reason for us to prefer Cuadrado over Costa in advance, in fact we expected Costa to get a starting spot after impressing immediately. But that hasnt happend, nothing to do with stubborness or biasm.

If anything Costa's best opportunity to start seems to be LW at times since he can offer an element Mandzu cant.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You honestly dont think Cuadrado hasnt deserved his starting spot so far? He is clearly much more in tune with the team, actually passes alot (not just runs with the ball like Costa), covers, and crosses decently. Costa despite scoring and assisting couple games in a row, plays like he is in his own world out there, he has not done nowhere near enough to force his way to starting spot in RW position. Makes it easy for Allegri.

If anything Costa's best opportunity to start seems to be LW at times since he can offer an element Mandzu cant.

And also, how can you like football and not love Cuadrado? Dude is entertaining.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Not saying we’ve seen extraordinary football from him but it’s a fact he’s done well in the last 3 or 4 matches. Being an important figure and making a difference even when not at his best. If there’s a chance we see his best it will only happen from a good string of starting matches, continuity.

Nothing against Cuadrado or Manbro for that matter but if his guy doesn’t start more often his acquisition was a pointless move, not because of lack of talent but because he’s not being given the chance to gel.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Not saying we’ve seen extraordinary football from him but it’s a fact he’s done well in the last 3 or 4 matches. Being an important figure and making a difference even when not at his best. If there’s a chance we see his best it will only happen from a good string of starting matches, continuity.

Nothing against Cuadrado or Manbro for that matter but if his guy doesn’t start more often his acquisition was a pointless move, not because of lack of talent but because he’s not being given the chance to gel.
we simply can't afford to not field our best possible lineup when Napoli are going at a 100 points per season pace, he'll have to prove his worth when given the chance, Allegri won't give him the Higuain treatment

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And also, how can you like football and not love Cuadrado? Dude is entertaining.

He is super fun to watch, only element of his I dont like (besides inconsistency) is he how he falls down too easy.

He is clearly doing good for us. I mean he is just gave game tying assist vs Sporting like it was nothing, but there is people who will continue to keep disrespecting him.

- - - Updated - - -

Its simple, its up to Costa to take his chances. He has gotten amble enough playing time already to win a starting spot, he hasnt taken it. He runs around with the ball til he loses it in general open play mostly. He scored opportunistic goal and had a great cross, but from minute to minute impact in games, he has either been barely noticeable or just stupid in possession, thats despite the ridicolous amount of natural ability he has. He just needs to utlize it better.

I mean Allegri started him vs Barca, its not like he hasnt given him chances to make his mark, but he hasnt.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
:klin:

Why has it to be stubbornness though? Doesn't he see him all week? You seriously think he wouldn't play him if he was convinced he'd add quality to the starting 11?

Max might be just another "hater" like me i guess.
Remember for how long Evra was preferred to Alex Sandro? In home game against Sevilla last year Max even started Asamoah over Pjanic in midfield.
There's a precedence for this.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
He is super fun to watch, only element of his I dont like (besides inconsistency) is he how he falls down too easy.

He is clearly doing good for us. I mean he is just gave game tying assist vs Sporting like it was nothing, but there is people who will continue to keep disrespecting him.

- - - Updated - - -

Its simple, its up to Costa to take his chances. He has gotten amble enough playing time already to win a starting spot, he hasnt taken it. He runs around with the ball til he loses it in general open play mostly. He scored opportunistic goal and had a great cross, but from minute to minute impact in games, he has either been barely noticeable or just stupid in possession, thats despite the ridicolous amount of natural ability he has. He just needs to utlize it better.

I mean Allegri started him vs Barca, its not like he hasnt given him chances to make his mark, but he hasnt.
I think you’re undermining his performances of late. He didn’t have “a great cross”, he’s had several that could have led to at least 3 assists if we weren’t so wasteful. Maybe expectations were too high but I said from day one this guy isn’t Neymar. We didn’t pay for a Neymar. We paid for a very good offensive winger with a good set of dribbling skills and creating goal chances. And so far, especially lately, he’s been good at it.

While I agree he hasn’t “impressed” the world by his talent stats show that he has in fact been progressing and evolving and that not giving the continuity he needs will probably be the main reason he will never reach the level of football we expect.

and lime Ronn said, there is a precedence for not really giving new players the confidence right away. Llorente would start over Morata even when he was in horrible shape. Allegri IS stubborn, it’s just his way for better or worse.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No one expects him to be Neymar. At all.

Allegri is allways very careful introducing new players, but its not stubborness, and defenitely in Costa's case he hasnt done enough to dissaprove Allegri (unlike Morata who were better then Llorente after a while).

We are in it to win it, so as great giving continuity is, you cant do that for someone who doesnt earn it in the minutes he gets. Cuadrado plays better then him, difference is close, but as overall team player, passer, general decision making, Cuadrado is ahead and Costa needs to find way to have balance in his game and play less brainless as he has been doing. Find his niche and make more of an impact. Its all on him. No one else.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Given that it took Max until November in 2015 to realize that Dybala was in fact a far better player than Morata and Cuadrado, I'd say that yeah, Max is quite stubborn.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Given that it took Max until November in 2015 to realize that Dybala was in fact a far better player than Morata and Cuadrado, I'd say that yeah, Max is quite stubborn.
Dybala was our forward with both most minutes and most games played for the timeframe you suggest Max preferred Morata to him, and thats despite the fact Allegri in most cases introduces new players slowly to the starting XI. but i guess since he didnt play every single game then thats not good enough

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Nevermind I admit to being wrong. I checked transfermarkt and Dybala had way more minutes in August-October than I initially recalled.

But yes, Max is stubborn. That much is obvious when you compare him to other coaches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)