Douglas Costa (18 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Starting to like him more from the left side.

Wether its him or ManBroHero should be a tactical call.
You dont be arsenal and go all attack agains xavi/iniesta/messi barcelona and expect to not get murdered.

Sometimes you need that extra balance. And ManBro scores decisive goals.

Lets hope c-dog is integrated soon and ManBro to full fitness and give Allegri some headachea

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
its not only that he scores, assists and provides us defensive stability like few others could, there is more. Mandzukic holds onto the ball as good as anybody, provides aerial presence in the final 3rd which is quite important, especially against high pressing teams and especially now that Bonucci is gone.
Nice to see that we have the mentality of a third tier English team when it comes to how we play football and pick our forwards.

If Mandzukic is so good at holding up the ball he should do that playing as striker, and then bring the 3 playing behind him (Dybala, Costa and Berna) into the game.

but most importantly, he has great chemistry with and is creating the necessary spacing to AS who is just, you know, our only fullback that can attack. when DC plays on the left, he and AS dont have nearly as good of an understanding as AS and Mario,
That's why we need to give Costa more time, so he can develop chemistry with Sandro.

and since they are both lefties, they actually have the same preferred area they attack. DC needs to play on the right where he can cross, carry the ball inside and shoot, make a through ball, create space for the fullback to run into etc.
In that case, why does Cuadrado play on the right?

I honestly find it embarrassing that we are playing an immobile striker on the wing. Real Madrid have Ronaldo and Bale. Bayern 2013 had Robben and Ribery. Barcelona 2015 had Messi and Neymar. All the CL winning teams play skillful and quick wingers out wide. You know why? Because it's the winning formula. Teams with English loser mentality pick their wingers based on how well they hold up the ball or how hard they work.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
More than debating whether Mandzu or Costa should be on the left wing , i’d Love to see Mandzu at the other end of costa’s delicious crosses.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I love Mandzu but this experiment of him on the left wing has ran its course.
I could kind of agree with you if somehow Mandzukic was failing as a left winger. He isn't. Really isn't, it's the opposite.

Why the fuck it has to be so black and white, one or the other is a total mystery. How about we have two different types of player for the same position? Crazy thought I know.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I could kind of agree with you if somehow Mandzukic was failing as a left winger. He isn't. Really isn't, it's the opposite.

Why the fuck it has to be so black and white, one or the other is a total mystery. How about we have two different types of player for the same position? Crazy thought I know.
Yep. We should be glad we actually have options for once. Besides, they contribute in different ways and offer different things to the team.

Although after saying all that I can’t help but think Costa will need consistent playing time to hit a consistent form. He’s slowly increasing and becoming the player we expected but we bench his ass and his development and adaptation will be cut off short.

On the other hand I love Manbro. So I don’t have a solution to this dilemma.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yep. We should be glad we actually have options for once. Besides, they contribute in different ways and offer different things to the team.

Although after saying all that I can’t help but think Costa will need consistent playing time to hit a consistent form. He’s slowly increasing and becoming the player we expected but we bench his ass and his development and adaptation will be cut off short.

On the other hand I love Manbro. So I don’t have a solution to this dilemma.
seems to be taking his chances in stride.
Mario on the wings makes sense as a late game sub to lock down the result. Sorta like a “closer” in baseball.

Hard to deny the crossing ability DC offers when it’s been clear for some time we need it.

- - - Updated - - -

And with his crossing yesteday you can’t tell me Mario wouldn’t have been all over those in the box as a striker, either. Lol if he can make Cuads score a header imagine Mario with his height and ability in the box ;)

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Imagine if he didn't lose the ball countless times
Did he loose the ball 2-3 times last night?

How about setting the blind hatred aside and actually give him some probs when he playes well.

Reading the live thread makes it clear, that you and a couple of the german retards only agenda is to jump on him everytime he makes a little mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)