Douglas Costa (51 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
46 mio or how much the deal was worth is really good business from Bayerns perspective - Costa is not worth more than that really.

We have aging wingers, but he couldnt manage to bench anyone of them which speak quite clear about his time here. Not to sound like an arrogant fuck, but the winger system have been used in Bayern for a very long time where Its relative new in Juventus. When you have been used to having the likes of Robbery you simply need someone to take over who have the same vision and Intelligence as them on the field. Costa didnt show that here.

Its fine he is doing great for you guys, but wingers here are expected to have something more. It will be difficult to find the right Robbery replacements, even though Coman is doing a great job atm. Costa is not the answer for our wings, else he would still be here and have benched Ribery long time ago for good.

But all the best to him in Juventus.
I thought so too, but I'm not so sure anymore, he turned out to be a great 2 way player, I thought he was a flashy offensive winger with little end product, but turns out the guy can both defend and carry the ball forward with purpose. If we wanted to, I'm pretty sure we could sell him for ~70m. Then again you could probably get more than 28m for Coman too, so I guess we're even when talking charity :D

Besides, while he didn't manage to bench Robbery, it's not like you did great in Europe the past few years with the old guys starting, maybe Pep and Papa Carlo got it wrong

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Dude, let's see how things go. 46m is not cheap, but keeping the headless chicken Coman and the two old geysers and letting Costa go is borderline criminal offence.
Coman has actually developed a lot under Jupp, showing signs he is not that headless chicken I also thought he was a year or two ago. He has taking massive steps in the right direction.

When you say it was a borderline criminal offence to let Costa go you make it sound like Costa is the only winger out there, and Bayern is a small club who cant attract any players :p Honestly I dont see it as a mistake. Might it turn into one with time? I cant put that away totally, but for now I dont see it as a mistake at all.

Another reason Bayern decided to skip him (according to media) was his greedy behavior wanting a lot more in salary and the club didnt see him worth getting a pay rise.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought so too, but I'm not so sure anymore, he turned out to be a great 2 way player, I thought he was a flashy offensive winger with little end product, but turns out the guy can both defend and carry the ball forward with purpose. If we wanted to, I'm pretty sure we could sell him for ~70m. Then again you could probably get more than 28m for Coman too, so I guess we're even when talking charity :D

Besides, while he didn't manage to bench Robbery, it's not like you did great in Europe the past few years with the old guys starting, maybe Pep and Papa Carlo got it wrong
Well reaching 3 straight SF´s under Pep is not exactly what I would call bad - but - if you look at the bigger picture I offcourse agree we dissapointed.

But thats because there are so massive expectations to Bayern Munich as a club, and it certainly was even more while Pep was here. This year we have gone more under the radar which is nice for an exchange.

About all the Costa talk, Im happy for you guys if he is doing well in Juventus but he wasnt the solution here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)