Douglas Costa (14 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
if his Bayern stint is anything to go by, we should be worried about his second six months and beyond. Hope he gets better and not worse, he's exciting when in full flow.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Beast.

And it was not his best form and not in his best position either.
I liked the way Max hugged him when he was subbed. He isn’t one to show affection to his players and if he did it means he was really satisfied with what Costa brought to the table.

- - - Updated - - -

But honestly I think he should be used on the right more often.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
should we really play him vs Olympiacos? i mean, all he did vs Napoli is defend 90% of the game, and when he attacks he doesent even get a goal or assist. we need wingers who will attack. play Berna and Pjaca

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He would be fine on the left if he had something to aim at in the air. We are basically asking him to cross every time. But only on the ground since neither Higuain or Dybala offer anything in the air. It's like 2/3rds of his game is taken away from the start.

Can't cut inside onto his right. Can't aim for aerial crosses. You have to find Dybala's left foot on the ground or else there is no end product. Good luck.

Can you cut the ball back to a late joining CM? Bahahahaha.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
He's a left footed winger.
The game against Olympiacos is totally different, they're parking the buses most of the time. Put him on the right against similar team and you'll see same thing (which we already did early this season).

Even he somehow looks better on the right, the fact that he has Dybala and De Sciglio on the right instead of Matuidi and Asamoah/Sandro on the left also helps his play.

I agree though his crosses without a powerful striker like Mandzukic is wasted.

Anyway, it's beautiful how he attracts 2 or 3 Olympiakos defenders before they realized Alex Sandro was left unmarked on the left for the first goal.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He would be fine on the left if he had something to aim at in the air. We are basically asking him to cross every time. But only on the ground since neither Higuain or Dybala offer anything in the air. It's like 2/3rds of his game is taken away from the start.

Can't cut inside onto his right. Can't aim for aerial crosses. You have to find Dybala's left foot on the ground or else there is no end product. Good luck.

Can you cut the ball back to a late joining CM? Bahahahaha.
exactly why hes useless on the left

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
He's much more dangerous around the box on the right, imo. So quick, great at feinting as though he's driving right, stops on a dime, and either whips in those great in-swinging crosses, a short incisive pass, or rips a shot. It seems to open the field up for him.

The guy loves to cut into the middle, around the box and in transition. Because he's so left footed, as soon as he moves into a more central position with the ball, he's got very few angles available for forward passes. Again, from what I see, playing on the right opens up the field for him. He's more comfortable over there.

Unfortunately, Cuadrado and Bernardeschi are also more comfortable on the right. Bit of a logjam at that spot.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He's a left footed winger.
The game against Olympiacos is totally different, they're parking the buses most of the time. Put him on the right against similar team and you'll see same thing (which we already did early this season).

Even he somehow looks better on the right, the fact that he has Dybala and De Sciglio on the right instead of Matuidi and Asamoah/Sandro on the left also helps his play.

I agree though his crosses without a powerful striker like Mandzukic is wasted.

Anyway, it's beautiful how he attracts 2 or 3 Olympiakos defenders before they realized Alex Sandro was left unmarked on the left for the first goal.
wat? they didnt

- - - Updated - - -

He's much more dangerous around the box on the right, imo. So quick, great at feinting as though he's driving right, stops on a dime, and either whips in those great in-swinging crosses, a short incisive pass, or rips a shot. It seems to open the field up for him.

The guy loves to cut into the middle, around the box and in transition. Because he's so left footed, as soon as he moves into a more central position with the ball, he's got very few angles available for forward passes. Again, from what I see, playing on the right opens up the field for him. He's more comfortable over there.

Unfortunately, Cuadrado and Bernardeschi are also more comfortable on the right. Bit of a logjam at that spot.
one of the reasons i wanted only one between him and Berna in the summer, but it is what it is. if you ask me id go with:

Higuain/Mandzu
Mandzu/Pjaca/DC Dybala/Berna Cuads/DC/Berna

best we can do with current roster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)