Dossena or Grosso? (7 Viewers)

Dossena or Grosso?

• Dossena

• Grosso

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
nobody of them. milan is signing Cissokho and we are discusing about grosso or dossena??? crisicto is the only one that deserves to be our starting lb for next season. hope he comes back...
Seriously, WHO THE FUCK IS Cissokho?
How many times did you watch him play? How do you know that he's better than Grosso, or even Dossena, or even Molinaro?

If someone watched Molinaro only once or twice in his life, against Inter last year, or against any big team as a matter of fact, he'd think that Moli is also a very good LB.

"Milan got Cissokho and we'll get Grosso" said in anger can not be more hillarious. On one side you have a guy with only 15 matches played for Porto while the other matches were in French 2nd league and a half season for Setubal and on the other side you have a regular azzurri player, a starter for the world champions.
Youth DOES NOT always mean top quality.
Cissokho might become the best in the world but just as easily (actually, chances are even bigger) he can be the flop of the flops and never again play for a big club after he flops in Milan.

I hate it when you guys think that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Nothing personal, Sad Statue. I prepared this for 5 days and it's just a coincidence that i exploded after reading your post and not the other posts where members moan about Milan signing Cissokho and Juve "signing" Grosso. :smile:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How many times did you watch him play? How do you know that he's better than Grosso, or even Dossena, or even Molinaro?

If someone watched Molinaro only once or twice in his life, against Inter last year, or against any big team as a matter of fact, he'd think that Moli is also a very good LB.

"Milan got Cissokho and we'll get Grosso" said in anger can not be more hillarious. On one side you have a guy with only 15 matches played for Porto while the other matches were in French 2nd league and a half season for Setubal and on the other side you have a regular azzurri player, a starter for the world champions.
Cissokho might become the best in the world but just as easily (actually, chances are even bigger) he can be the flop of the flops and never again play for a big club after he flops in Milan.

I hate it when you guys think that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Nothing personal, Sad Statue. I prepared this for 5 days and it's just a coincidence that i exploded after reading your post and not the other posts where members moan about Milan signing Cissokho and we "signing" Grosso. :smile:

:delpiero:

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
icεmαή;2038751 said:
You didn't hear about Cissokho? :D
there are reports that there was found some problem with his teeth during his first medical...

but i read that during his second medical was found that there was not a big deal and he finally signed a pre-contract...

i hate to see milan signing such a promising youngster and us trying to get grosso and dossena loosing our great talent under our nose again...

we have 2 very good talents and our lb looked promising with dc and criscito and we are going to end up with molinaro and grosso or dossena...

this sucks...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006

Nothing personal, Sad Statue. I prepared this for 5 days and it's just a coincidence that i exploded after reading your post and not the other posts where members moan about Milan signing Cissokho and Juve "signing" Grosso. :smile:
you have a point there. i haven't seen him before this year's CL. i was very impressed during his 2 games with manchester but i can't judge him from this and i cant tell if he will be the player that many say. he just looks promising...

on the other side grosso and dossena seem to be nothing special to me. they are just 2 ok players but nothing more. we have 2 very good youngsters and i believe in them but it seems that none of them will be with us next year. this is what drives me crazy. to see our only youth system products to leave wile we want to sign 2 players that haven't done anything special in their careers...

no hard feelings mate. i know we just care for our team. it's just bad to see meelan signing a player that i personally liked very much from what i have seen wile we are giving away out own talents...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well said Alen, even if the games I have seen of him has been rather good performances, it far from warrants from the hysteria of deafist BS I kept reading all over the forum when Milan signed him.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Yes, but Molinaro also needs to go/be backup for the next season. Our right defence was weaker, but was stronger than our left side offensively.

Also welcome to the forum.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I like Grosso. He knows how to defend, is quick enough on his toes, decent positonally, and would be a massive improvement on our offensive support from the left back position. He has a lot of ability on the ball for a defender.

Dossena is a completely different kind of defender. he is muscle, meanness, solid, but no major force going forward.

If its a toss-up between those two, I would rather we signed Grosso, even though he is older. We will likely get at least two decent seasons out of him.

As for what i know of Criscito, he is a diluted version of a mixture of the two players mentioned above. He is sturdy, quick, useful going forward. but as I say...a diluted version...due to his age.

Ideally, I would want us to sign Grosso and bring home Criscito. Its fine for De Ceglie to head to Napoli for a year, as he isn't yet of the required standard to challenge for a first team place at Juve, and it will do his development no harm at all if he is playing week in week out for at least a half decent team in Serie A.

Molinaro cannot improve. He was by far the least technically capable player in our team last season and he played a horrendously high amount of games. Too many times did I see him embarassingly unable to execute succesfully, even a 5 yard straight pass. he has the first touch of a drunk bear, the tackling ability of a koala and the positional awareness of an athlete stuck deep in a K-Hole...

No, i don't think our right backs are vastly superior, but I certainly like Zebina, and Grygera more than I do Molinaro. They have Something to offer which can be useful in their position. Molinaro has nothing...his pace is pointless if he cant tackle and he constantly finds himself out of position. Playing a system which relies on support from the deep flanks would be suicidal with Molinaro involved, such as a 4-3-2-1, because one of the central midfielders would constantly need to be covering the far left flank. Dossena and Grosso would cure this problem, as would Criscito.

I will hope we can bring Criscito back to Turin, and also add one of the two linked players to the squad, send De Ceglie out on loan or with half of his ownership in Neopolitan hands (THOUGH definately not with the same option to buy at the end of a year), and have Molinaro sold, or even given away. he is poison to any lineup which includes him. Without doubt the worst defender I have seen us deploy, other than Boumsong.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Good Morning/Afternoon Weedguru, your posts are always so pleasant to read and long as well. I wish Crons were as pleasant to read:D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
grosso and criscito as LB options sound good to me. Motta on the right with grygera as back up also sounds good.

as for de ceglie...loan him out and try to get a player like santacroce...maybe he can be an understudy to cannavaro next season.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I love your optimism, but it ain't gonna happen.

It's more likely to be Grosso and Molinaro for LB :scared: :moan: :sigh:

Grygera and Zebina for RB :wallbang: :rolleyes:

and no further defensive reinforcements :D :p
it kills my insides reading such posts:frown:

I keep telling myself that our coach was one of the best defenders italy has ever had and that he would know that our defence isnt anything like it was a decade ago.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am just trying to be realistic, or negative as some here might label it.

For me, the ideal scenario would be to recall Criscito (which isn't going to happen anymore), and have Moli as his backup. Even Kolarov would do a decent job @ LB. As for RB, I would go for Srna or Motta, even Liechsteiner from Lazio with Grygera as his deputy. An option for a CB or two for next season would be great. Add D'Ago into the mix, and we are set. Keep Trez for now, and try to secure Rossi for next season (sign some form of pre-contractual agreement or something with him and his club).

Get rid of Zebina, Marchionni, Tiago, and we are set.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Good Morning/Afternoon Weedguru, your posts are always so pleasant to read and long as well. I wish Crons were as pleasant to read:D

Cheers, mr Hustini...Its afternoon here in Melbourne, and its high time i fled this dungeon the council keeps me in from 8-4...I greatly enjoy posting on here, despite the odd nuisance goblin! Its pleasing to be amongst, even in a virtual sense, like minded people...I mean others with a true love of Juve. Wishing you a wicked day or night, mate. daN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)