Don't Raise Your Hopes Too High (2 Viewers)

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
I see it like this

We WON Capello, and chose him over 2nd place Deschamps and Prandelli.

Transfer targets will be more attracted to Juve by a manager like Capello, who is very experienced and has a big trophy list as a manager. Deschamps hasnt won anything yet but he will be a great manager it seems. Its best maybe he goes to a club like Parma or Roma first, or some other big club but not a huge club perhaps. I think he will manage Juve one day anyways :D

Moggi just made the BIGGEST transfer so far. Who thought Capello was going anywhere? If it was known he would have been first choice for clubs like Chelsea and maybe even get consideration from Real Madrid (who will fire Camacho withing a year I bet).
:howler:

Again, Capello WILL attract the players you mention, Desmond. Its a matter of if Capello and Moggi want them now. And be sure Capello did not come to Juve to field a 2nd rate team. He left Roma for that reason.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
so we lost deschamps and got capello,missed out on boumsong and lucio and bought no one.

wait,we got zebina-on a free too:rolleyes:

truth be told,i will be amazed if we get any of mexes,squillaci,evra,gilardino or zlatan.

we'd be better off hoping for bonera,jankulovski and di natale.and with luck,we'll recall zalayeta too:extatic:

i hope moggi knows what he's doing,cos i sure don't.and don't be surprised if it turns out that the emerson deal turns out to be "a smokescreen" for baiocco's return.with maresca going in the other direction,no less.

and as we go around signing moggi's top targets lets jump the bandwagon and get us a russian oil tycoon while we're at it,shall we?wait,we wouldn't need one,cos we're gonna sign all the free players in the world
i dont get this, why write this..?

Im so happy that we got Capello...

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by polaris ] ++
I see it like this

We WON Capello, and chose him over 2nd place Deschamps and Prandelli.

Transfer targets will be more attracted to Juve by a manager like Capello, who is very experienced and has a big trophy list as a manager. Deschamps hasnt won anything yet but he will be a great manager it seems. Its best maybe he goes to a club like Parma or Roma first, or some other big club but not a huge club perhaps. I think he will manage Juve one day anyways :D

Moggi just made the BIGGEST transfer so far. Who thought Capello was going anywhere? If it was known he would have been first choice for clubs like Chelsea and maybe even get consideration from Real Madrid (who will fire Camacho withing a year I bet).
:howler:

Again, Capello WILL attract the players you mention, Desmond. Its a matter of if Capello and Moggi want them now. And be sure Capello did not come to Juve to field a 2nd rate team. He left Roma for that reason.
I Agree 137,98 % with u mate.. Totally right dude!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I disagree with Desmond's first post and think that we will be fairly active in the transfer market... ;)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Wow , too many argue here !

ok , about the coach , we didn't miss no one , it was moggi's plan to do this ! remmber when he said about deshamp that he still young and need experience and bla bla.... so it was true ! he always plays on the words he says ! eventhough he said that he need prand , but infact it was a game ! i like the way he play it!!!

About capello , as long as he likes Maresca , then am satisfied , as long as he can convince Mr Moggi that Maresca is one of the best talented players in seria A !!!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #88
    i think the objective of this thread has been largely misunderstood.this merely serves as a reminder to all of you who think we're gonna get mexes or gilardino that we may end up getting none of our targets in the end.i'm not attacking capello by saying i don't like him,in fact i know he's brilliant but i draw the line when his attitude and ego kick in.but that ain't the objective of the thread either.

i'm not saying i want to splash money on transfers.i'm not asking for juve to become like inter or real.like i said,i don't want us to be stooping to zebina levels.imo many of you have took my intentions wrongly partially because of the timing of this thread,which appeared just a couple of hours after the capello signing was confirmed.but this has only served as a reminder that moggi is a wily fox who is great at keeping things under wraps but doesn't always deliver a desirable end product.

yes i do want juve to stick with tradition and sign unkowns and stuff but on the other hand getting a couple of our long-time targets wouldn't be bad either now would it?to all of you who say i'm obsessed with splurging money on big names,i think you fail to see that i want what you want.a mexes,ferrari and/or a gilardino.is that too much?

picture this:we have been linked to deschamps and prandelli for a long time before we actually signed capello.moggi and the media both agreed that the evental manager would be one of these two.even before the final it was said that didier already had a done deal.doesn't that sound like some of the transfer targets we've been linked with?like how emerson has already signed a contract?all i'm saying is,like the title of the thread,don't get your hopes up.we could get the very same outcome and get neither emerson nor any of the other likely candidates for the bianconeri shirt next season and end up with a bunch of players we'd never been linked with.

nearly everyone here seems to think such a scenario is impossible.

btw thanks sally for understanding what this thread is all about:)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Well, I don't think that Moggi will screw the whole world over every transfer! And, the Agent of Emo confirmed his move to Juve (nearly sure)

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #90
    it was the same with deschamps too.he apparently already signed a contract and there was even "official" news of his appointment.

lets not celebrate yet.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #92
    but we all knew he wanted to come.he loves juve and would've loved a job here,just as emerson does.

in any case,its not a certainty that he will sign.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    it was the same with deschamps too.he apparently already signed a contract and there was even "official" news of his appointment.

lets not celebrate yet.

yeah, you can't believe anything unless it's really official.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Desmond, is it entirely possible that the main reason why Cappello suddenly became the top priority instead of Deschamps or Prandelli is because he may have only very, very recently exercised the escape clause in his contract, thereby suddenly giving Moggi a much more viable option at coach?

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
    Dec 23, 2002
    at least our first step was right ... we replaced the best with the best

now just lets enjoy this

.... but why Zebina and Kapo .. why this two from all the players in the world

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
    at least our first step was right ... we replaced the best with the best

now just lets enjoy this

.... but why Zebina and Kapo .. why this two from all the players in the world
    I say that Cappello is better than Lippi in tactical knowledge and formations, but Lippi has the best personality...

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
    Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++

I say that Cappello is better than Lippi in tactical knowledge and formations, but Lippi has the best personality...
    In the end both of them is great but Lippi is better in the international stage (even if he lost three finals)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)