Don't Raise Your Hopes Too High (1 Viewer)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
YES YES YES YES YE! i screamed and jumped when i saw capello was the new coach.. this guy is great great great, much better then dd or prandelli..and think about it..he could bring some good def like chivu or exes, or the roma targets, cos remember, they were very similar to ours..:D :D :D :D :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Don't talk so much

- Boumsong already signed a deal with Rangers IN JANUARY!!!!
- Capello came to Juve, because he had no money for transfers at Roma. When he was at Roma, he bought great players (Cassano, Chivu........), so shout up about Zalayeta.

All that pessimistic crap, f***s me up. Capello is the best coach, we could have get.

agreed :thumb:

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++

so what about Buffon, Nedved etc? History proves that your wrong, why else we have got any success at all then? We have stars in our team too, remember? I think that you're just too pessimistic right now...
    that was just one season.we may have spent in excess of 80m but we got 56m+ from sales too.ask any longstanding fan and they will tell you juve rarely buy big players during summer,that juve do not dominate transfers for big-name players in italy or europe.

01/02's splurging was financed by zidane and pippo's sales and encouraged by our long string of lousy seasons.as of now we have only had one bad season,and even then statistically the season doesn't look to bad.moggi will not spend big.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    the problem with capello is not his capability.i know he's good.but i never liked him,and we have a better option,one who would have been more of a continuity of tradition than capello would.deschamps and capello may both be continental managers but didier is more of a home-grown hero,if you get what i mean.what really pisses me off is that we could have gotten someone who would have done well for juve,loved and died for the club and worked his heart out but chose to go for a more proven one instead.of course some of us can be proud of this signing of capello,he is one of the biggest and most successful managers in the world.but i never liked his arrogance,his style and his personality.
    So you don't like him then, that doesn't make him not-suitable for Juve... All I'm saying is that don't judge Capello yet, what if we won CL and Serie A next season, you would still say that Capello isn't the right choice for Juve?! And DD hasn't proved that much yet, he's still pretty much rookie... I'd rather see us taking a coach, which is most likely good and experienced, DD isn't that yet, maybe after few more years...

delwinho

May 28, 2004
    yeah forza juventus i prefer bonera and emerson can play position played by davids.. left centre midfield
    --------buffon--------
    zam zebina thuram bonera
    nedved emerson taccr camo/kapo
    -----del piero tre/gilld/chevaton--

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004

i'm not,trust me.but the way this is going i can see that we may not be even getting one of our top targets,and it just sickens me.who would be satisfied if we didn't get one of gila,cavenaghi,mexes,rothen,evra or emerson?would you?

the problem with capello is not his capability.i know he's good.but i never liked him,and we have a better option,one who would have been more of a continuity of tradition than capello would.deschamps and capello may both be continental managers but didier is more of a home-grown hero,if you get what i mean.what really pisses me off is that we could have gotten someone who would have done well for juve,loved and died for the club and worked his heart out but chose to go for a more proven one instead.of course some of us can be proud of this signing of capello,he is one of the biggest and most successful managers in the world.but i never liked his arrogance,his style and his personality .
    Fair enough, but we have to wait and see who comes, and now that Capello is on our side, then i just like his arrogant style.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27

So you don't like him then, that doesn't make him not-suitable for Juve... All I'm saying is that don't judge Capello yet, what if we won CL and Serie A next season, you would still say that Capello isn't the right choice for Juve?! And DD hasn't proved that much yet, he's still pretty much rookie... I'd rather see us taking a coach, which is most likely good and experienced, DD isn't that yet, maybe after few more years...
    i'm not saying now that he ain't the right choice for juve.if he won us the treble i'd say he's the man for juve,but i'd still hate his guts.like i said,his capability is unquestionable.don't get me wrong.

the main target of this thread,in case you haven't realized,is moggi.not capello.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

that was just one season.we may have spent in excess of 80m but we got 56m+ from sales too.ask any longstanding fan and they will tell you juve rarely buy big players during summer,that juve do not dominate transfers for big-name players in italy or europe.

01/02's splurging was financed by zidane and pippo's sales and encouraged by our long string of lousy seasons.as of now we have only had one bad season,and even then statistically the season doesn't look to bad.moggi will not spend big.
    we don't know anything yet, and we will sell at least Trezeguet, maybe even more stars, and that guarantees us some money, which we can spend on players like Mexes and Gilardino... All the good players aren't that expensive you know, Trabelsi and Maxwell can (maybe) come for free too... Again, don't judge our summer campaign yet!!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

the main target of this thread,in case you haven't realized,is moggi.not capello.
    ok, fair enough... But Moggi is proven quality too, and he got the right manager for us, so why wouldn't he buy good players for us too?! Surely Capello and Moggi have discussed about transfers allready, otherwise Capello hadn't came at all, because Capello is known as determined and compatitive coach, he wants success badly...

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    Going back to Capello, I think he is the better option for Juve at the moment.

DD is unproven, and the Juve team is struggling at the moment, I would like to see DD as Juve coach, but feel he would be better inheriting a stronger Juve team. The job at the moment could be too demanding for such an inexperienced coach. It would be a huge risk for Juve to take anyway.

Capello is the best man to sort out the current Juve problems.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    because Capello is known as determined and compatitive coach, he wants success badly...
    capello may be known for his determination and competitiveness,but moggi is famous for his penny pinching and bargain hunting.more likely that capello gave in to moggi than the other way round.

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
    i'm irritated about all those pessimistic people how long do you support juve by the way. i always support them because they make players great. juventus always suprised me with they way the work on the market and i liked it so what we have a bad year. sometimes other teams will win you can't win al the times. but every year juventus are contenders and that satisfied me.
    so people who are pessimistic about we don't buy "great"( expensive) players go support real madrid or inter milan. otherwise show respect for the players we get and show you're a true juve fan

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

capello may be known for his determination and competitiveness,but moggi is famous for his penny pinching and bargain hunting.more likely that capello gave in to moggi than the other way round.
    Maxwell and Trabelsi for free, Mexes's price is ridicilous, and Emerson's price is reasonable, what more do you want, except good forward?! Striker situation is still open, but we can cope with that...

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34
    demanding what the team needs and wanting to see the team succeed is all part of being a fan.i'm not angry or shocked at our bad season,i took it as a part of football and i know it is normal for us to have a bad season.all through the dismal period of 99-02 i was a juve fan so don't give me shit like "how do you support juve by the way".i don't expect or demand success but when we don't get it i expect the club to do a decent job of doing something about it.sign a couple of promising players,restructure the club a little,review policies etc.do you think that is too much?i'm not asking for pablo aimar or francesco totti,or even a diego.i just don't want us to stoop to zebina levels.

Jul 28, 2002
    moggi is saving his as by gettting cappello after the zebina incident, so u never kno he may get mexes and co...

Moggi doesnt spend big but imo mexes, gila and co were not expensive when we were first linked with them....so we coulda easly got them.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36

Maxwell and Trabelsi for free, Mexes's price is ridicilous, and Emerson's price is reasonable, what more do you want, except good forward?! Striker situation is still open, but we can cope with that...
    maxwell is unlikely to begin with,trabelsi is too much of a doubt for moggi since he's had the chance to move for him since god knows when but hasn't,mexes is not going for 4m,which is merely his starting price in a bidding war that could triple or quadruple that fee.

and real and chelsea want gila,nuff said.

Jul 28, 2002
    chelsea dont really really want him passing interest, id be suprised if they go for him. Real.....why do they need him, they need defenders and totti.

Mexes, if roma get mexes for 3.5 as stated, i wont be suprised but i recokn we could slip in there also....utd have got heinze, why do they need mexes??

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #38
    inter need practically every player on the market,apparently;)

however way i look at it i can't see mexes going for 3.5m to anywhere.its the sort of transfer fee mid table clubs pay for mediocre players.no matter what the price will escalate imo.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Ohhh am dreaming about the CL... i really wish Capello could make our dreams come true .. i wanna see Dp lifting it ! Do it Capello Plz !

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    We didn't miss out on Deschamps you idiot . We Chose Capello instead.

Capello is getting over 2 Million a season and Deschamps would have been a little cheaper even.

But Deschamps has won nothing in his inexperienced career. Sure he could go on to be a great coach but saying that you'd choose him over Capello is absolutely ridiculous.

Who would have thought that Juve would have been able to pry Capello away from Roma's hands ?

Reports suggest that Moggi was after Capello all along and the Deschamps and Prandelli rumors were just that - Rumors created by him and the media to throw Inter, Real Madrid and other clubs interested in Capello off track.

Capello has won a lot both in his playing and coaching career. He has won league titles with Real Madrid, Roma and AC Milan - 6 titles in total. He has also won the Champions league with AC Milan.

So don't make it sound like we lost out on Deschamps because Capello is far better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)